Sell me on Kruger

SLarmer28*

Kruger is just fine as the Chicago Blackhawks fourth line center. Furthermore, the Chicago Blackhawks fourth line of Bollig - Kruger -Smith is not the problem with the Chicago Blackhawks this season.

I can't believe posters are complaining about Kruger while Handzus has been a complete waste of a roster space this season.

MagicSlap*

Nobody is saying anything bad about Kruger, we're just saying he's nothing more than a defensive minded 4th liner.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Since 2nd lines are counted on to score, Kruger doesn't belong on the 2nd line.

It's crystal clear.

Funny that a defensive coach can't teach a teachable skill ( defense) to Pirri, but thinks he can teach an unteachable skill (offensive creativity) to Kruger.:shakehead

I don't any one has said he belongs on the 2nd line, and I don't think anyone has said that Q is trying to teach offense to Kruger.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Since 2nd lines are counted on to score, Kruger doesn't belong on the 2nd line.

It's crystal clear.

Funny that a defensive coach can't teach a teachable skill ( defense) to Pirri, but thinks he can teach an unteachable skill (offensive creativity) to Kruger.:shakehead

I don't any one has said he belongs on the 2nd line, and I don't think anyone has said that Q is trying to teach offense to Kruger.

If he doesn't belong there and isn't going to be effective in an offensive role, what exactly is he doing there?

Get Kruger and the notion of Kruger being a 2C far away from actually playing 2C ASAP.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
There's one great option, Toews. Then there's a solid two way guy in Shaw and a fourth line guy in Kruger. Pirri is the only other sensible in house option to the second or third line.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Only in bubba land has Kruger posted great offensive numbers
How many 4th liners put up better numbers?

not to mention that he has to play with Bollig, a guy you think is the worst on the roster and should be gone...

Hahaha well if you're nitpicking over 1 game played to try and make Kruger look like a respectable player then I think that says all you need to about his play.

His numbers are not great offensively or defensively. Defensively he's getting badly outshot by average competition (they'd be great if he either A. was getting outshout but playing top competition or was holding his own against avg. competition). Offensively he's still getting outshot and has 18 points which might be good for a 4th liner (emphasis on 4th liner) but isn't good for a top 9 player (which he isn't).

The numbers illustrate he's a solid 4th line defensive center, not great at anything at the NHL level.
His stats are great, no matter how you look at them. You compare this numbers to Toews or Sharp, thats your problem.

Just to get some facts.
Krüger is 4th in Blocked Shots - 1st out of the forwards
Krügers FO% is among the leagues highest
8th in Takeaways and manages to have a positiv takeaway/giveaway ratio
In 48 games, he was on the ice for 16 even strenght goals against.

compared to last year (same amount of games played at this point) his numbers are higher and he improved.
I told you about his advanced stats already and compared them to the others. In his role, he plays more than good.

Those are facts.

btw, Shaw only has 3 more points while playing PP. Just asking, is Shaw bad or Krügers offensiv numbers aren't that bad?

MagicSlap*

How many 4th liners put up better numbers?

not to mention that he has to play with Bollig, a guy you think is the worst on the roster and should be gone...

His stats are great, no matter how you look at them. You compare this numbers to Toews or Sharp, thats your problem.

Just to get some facts.
Krüger is 4th in Blocked Shots - 1st out of the forwards
Krügers FO% is among the leagues highest
8th in Takeaways and manages to have a positiv takeaway/giveaway ratio
In 48 games, he was on the ice for 16 even strenght goals against.

compared to last year (same amount of games played at this point) his numbers are higher and he improved.
I told you about his advanced stats already and compared them to the others. In his role, he plays more than good.

Those are facts.

btw, Shaw only has 3 more points while playing PP. Just asking, is Shaw bad or Krügers offensiv numbers aren't that bad?

Nothing you're saying disagrees with what I've said in the past, that Kruger is a good fit as our 4th line center. You continue to ignore that the advanced stats do indeed show he's just playing against average competition (ignoring something doesn't make you smart or right). The fact is he is a defensive player with limited offensive upside, a.k.a. a 4th liner (in our system where we roll three scoring/possession lines).

By the way, the Kruger at 2C experiment was ended after one game :laugh:

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Shaw was on the 4th line that game and it jump started him. Shaw should stay on the 2nd line. Krüger should get the 3rd line with Handzus getting the 4th.

Krüger deserved that chance because of his strong play. Thats all I'm saying since the beginning. He plays great for a 4th liner (including the stats, offensiv & defensiv). Getting the chance to play higher on the depth chart was deserved.

I'd take about every 4th liner that scores 25-30 pts a year with his contract. He made the olympic team too

MagicSlap*

Handzus made the Olympic team too, lol at using that as an argument. Again, our third line is a possession and scoring line, something Kruger is not good at as has been demonstrated his entire NHL career.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
you don't see the difference between Sweden and Slovakia and the Players they can use?

not to mention that again, Krüger line played the toughest opponent line with Duchene on it ;)

I'd really like to see this QoC stuff with home and away games. When Q has the last call on the matchups

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Handzus made the Olympic team too, lol at using that as an argument. Again, our third line is a possession and scoring line, something Kruger is not good at as has been demonstrated his entire NHL career.

Taking the discussion at hand completely out of this, in all fairness, there's a big difference between being named to Team Sweden and being named to Team Slovakia. Big difference.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
If they keep playing like they did tonight, then Saad Shaw Kane is the answer for now.

I have no problems with Kruger, but he doesn't belong on the second line. He doesn't bring enough offense.

But aren't you guys kinda interested to see what he could do there now again? He isn't the same player he was when Q tried to force him to become a 2C two years ago. He has grown a lot. And, he actually has been a point producer all his life untill he reached the NHL, if it's a enough on NHL level, remains to be seen. But he was one of the best playmakers in the swedish league when he was a teenager.

But in the end, I guess you guys have to come to terms with that you wont have a legit 2C in a salary cap world when you have Seabrook and Keith on defense, a 6M goalie and Toews, Sharp, Hossa and Kane taking up big paychecks up front.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
But aren't you guys kinda interested to see what he could do there now again? He isn't the same player he was when Q tried to force him to become a 2C two years ago. He has grown a lot. And, he actually has been a point producer all his life untill he reached the NHL, if it's a enough on NHL level, remains to be seen. But he was one of the best playmakers in the swedish league when he was a teenager.

No. He's been given chance after chance after chance. He just isn't good offensively.

Corax

May 1, 2007
Taking the discussion at hand completely out of this, in all fairness, there's a big difference between being named to Team Sweden and being named to Team Slovakia. Big difference.
Let's say that there is a difference. :) Seems like Sweden lost 2 times at last 2 Olympics to Slovakia not to mention we eliminated them in 2002 at WC in Sweden. They brought really good lineup to win at home.
So head to head, we were able to beat them when it mattered most. :) Handzus was there everytime.
#12 in scoring for whole tournament in 2010, 7 games 3g 3a

Crosby 1 more goal :) So we could say he was as good as Crosby for us :D (btw, he played 3rd line with Satan and Zednik)

http://stats.iihf.com/og2010/IHM400000_85B_30_0.pdf

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
On paper, Slovakia doesn't compare to Sweden. Much harder to make Team Sweden than Team Slovakia. What happens on the ice is a different story.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Let's say that there is a difference. :) Seems like Sweden lost 2 times at last 2 Olympics to Slovakia not to mention we eliminated them in 2002 at WC in Sweden. They brought really good lineup to win at home.
So head to head, we were able to beat them when it mattered most. :) Handzus was there everytime.
#12 in scoring for whole tournament in 2010, 7 games 3g 3a

Crosby 1 more goal :) So we could say he was as good as Crosby for us :D (btw, he played 3rd line with Satan and Zednik)

http://stats.iihf.com/og2010/IHM400000_85B_30_0.pdf

I understand all of that but the point is Sweden has a much deeper talent pool to choose from so on paper at the very least making Team Sweden is a tougher feat than making Team Slovakia. That is no slight on Slovakian hockey, more a testament to Sweden's depth as a hockey country.

Corax

May 1, 2007
I understand all of that but the point is Sweden has a much deeper talent pool to choose from so on paper at the very least making Team Sweden is a tougher feat than making Team Slovakia. That is no slight on Slovakian hockey, more a testament to Sweden's depth as a hockey country.
Sure, we have Kopecky to play center :cry: I have trust issues as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad