• Vegas Golden Knights

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
St Louis is

even losing Perron they have the best forward depth and a very mobile blueline

People sleeping on Vegas too. I'd have them in a tier with Calgary and Edmonton. Their two best players were injured basically all of last year. Logan Thompson is going to be a good goalie.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Which team did the Flames play In the conference final?

Oiler fans 2022 playoffs, colourized.

1660969380292.jpeg

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Except you do have a horse in the race, you "proudly" post your location of Edmonton because that gives you the license to come into every single Oiler thread and talk shit. Calgary lost because their team couldn't handle Edmonton's offense even with Smith gifting them 4+ goals a game.

But yes, only one team dealt with poor goaltending, let alone significant injuries.

Edmonton easily could have won 2-3 games against the Avs and we actually saw those games play out, not some hypothetical you've produced. 3/4 of the games were 1 goal differences.

Awww. Another cute Oilers fan that thinks the series was close against the Avs.

Never met a fan base wear a sweep as a badge of honour so proudly like Oil fans.

Reactions: LynnLoins

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
If St. Louis gets half decent goaltending, probably them. I'm not sold on Binnington though, but maybe Greiss will have a bounce back year.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
You realize the irony in that right lmao? The actual games that played out was a sweep, the hypothecia scenario you produced was them actually winning a game.

Absolutely hilarious you think they could've won 2-3 games considering the one game they made it to OT was the game they led by 2 goals in the third period.
Right, but the 40 year old goalie letting in playoff goals from the other teams faceoof circle is better than Campbell? Sure.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
After the Avs any one of the Oilers, Flames, Blues, Wild or Golden K could be 2nd IMO. Largely depending on injuries and goaltending. I dont see any of those teams as being vastly superior to the others and they all pretty much have question marks.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Vegas can be really good, but they need a bounce back year from Pietrangelo.

Similar to Doughty with the Kings. Doughty went into hibernation for a couple years, then rebounded. If Pietrangelo can do the same, then they should be really strong. I don’t think their defence is good enough if Pietro continues his decline.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

Similar to Doughty with the Kings. Doughty went into hibernation for a couple years, then rebounded. If Pietrangelo can do the same, then they should be really strong. I don’t think their defence is good enough if Pietro continues his decline.

They need Pie to be better to get back to an elite team, but I think the rest of that defense is actually really good. Theodore is a star, and Whitecloud, Hague, McNabb and Martinez are all capable of playing second pair minutes effectively.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
This poll is hilarious. Vegas is there despite missing the playoffs and getting worse this offseason, and LA isn't? The mighty Oilers are so great, yet the Kings took them to 7 games without Doughty. Minnesota, another team who got bounced in the first round and also got worse, is there, but Dallas who went to 7 in the 1st round isn't?

St. Louis is far and away the best team on this list, and I'd go as far as to say they'll win the conference. Colorado now has no goaltending and they'll be battling the cup "hangover" coming into a full season.

The west goes like this:

The top tier:
St. Louis
Colorado
-----------
Could rank these next 6 in any order really:
Calgary
Los Angeles
Nashville
Edmonton
Vancouver
Dallas
-----------
Just missing the playoffs:
Vegas
-----------
The rest

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021

They missed the playoffs last year then promptly shipped off Pacioretty, Dadonov and Coghlan for zero return. Lehner is out for the season, Stone is coming off a back injury that caused him to miss significant time and Eichel has had major neck surgery that he just returned from at the end of last season. Why is Vegas going to be "really good?"

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
St. Louis is far and away the best team on this list, and I'd go as far as to say they'll win the conference. Colorado now has no goaltending and they'll be battling the cup "hangover" coming into a full season.
St. Louis has no goaltending either.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Oilers/Kings

The amount of people saying Vegas have absolutely no idea about the western conference it seems

Cianide

Under New Management
Jun 11, 2022
Wow writing off the Kings just like that? Well, according to your list, I'll say Calgary, but I hate the team and hate the city.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00