• Vegas Golden Knights

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
St. Louis is the safe bet for me.

But I find it hard to bet against new-gear McDavid, Calgary's refinish is interesting, and I think Logan Thompson is this year's "where did HE come from" goalie to go along with a healthy and settled Eichel.

Reactions: Fig

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I wouldn’t have the confidence to lay money on it 2-5. But I think these will be your playoff teams.

Avs
Blues
Flames
Oilers
Kings
Wild
Vegas
Dallas
________
Nashville
Vancouver
Anaheim
San jose
Arizona
Chicago

Only a slight tweak for me--

Avs
Blues
Vegas
Wild
Oilers
---
Flames
Kings
Dallas
Nashville
Vancouver

• Haha
Reactions: Brian McDavid

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Actually he was pretty good the season before too. He had a bad stretch in Toronto yes but also had a rib injury, before that he was being hyped for the Vezina here. He doesn't need to win the Vezina here, just be better than Koskinen for one.
Campbell behind the Toronto defense put up worse numbers than Smith in the regular season and playoffs behind the Edmonton defense.

Perron is a much bigger loss to St Louis than people realize. St Louis wasn't a great 5 on 5 team last year and lived off of their PP which Perron was a huge part of.

My pick is Calgary, they were supposed to make the conference finals last year if Markstrom didn't implode.

Reactions: LynnLoins

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
It's a good question.
I voted St. Louis but Vegas rebounding is a genuine possibility.

Reactions: Fig

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Campbell behind the Toronto defense put up worse numbers than Smith in the regular season and playoffs behind the Edmonton defense.

Perron is a much bigger loss to St Louis than people realize. St Louis wasn't a great 5 on 5 team last year and lived off of their PP which Perron was a huge part of.

My pick is Calgary, they were supposed to make the conference finals last year if Markstrom didn't implode.
Calgary loses in 5 with Drai and Nurse playing on one leg but yeah, Calgary lost because of Markstrom lmao. Stay delusional, Muffin man.

You're also factually incorrect, Campbell had better stats in the RS and so far over his career than Smith.

A Campbell/Skinner combo is a lot better than Smith/Koskinen. Colorado is one team that should know you don't need elite goaltending to go far.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Calgary loses in 5 with Drai and Nurse playing on one leg but yeah, Calgary lost because of Markstrom lmao. Stay delusional, Muffin man.

You're also factually incorrect, Campbell had better stats in the RS and so far over his career than Smith.

A Campbell/Skinner combo is a lot better than Smith/Koskinen. Colorado is one team that should know you don't need elite goaltending to go far.
Calgary lost to Edmonton because of Markstrom, why would I be delusional I literally have no horse in that race lmao. I do think if Markstrom played like he did against Dallas, Calgary would've at least taken one game against Colorado.

Campbell was worse than Smith last season in both the regular season and playoffs. He was the full time starter for the first time last season.

Colorado can win without elite goaltending because they have the best defense in the league. Where's Edmonton's Makar and Toews? Good luck with Campbell with that defense I guess?

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Calgary lost to Edmonton because of Markstrom, why would I be delusional I literally have no horse in that race lmao. I do think if Markstrom played like he did against Dallas, Calgary would've at least taken one game against Colorado.
Except you do have a horse in the race, you "proudly" post your location of Edmonton because that gives you the license to come into every single Oiler thread and talk shit. Calgary lost because their team couldn't handle Edmonton's offense even with Smith gifting them 4+ goals a game.

But yes, only one team dealt with poor goaltending, let alone significant injuries.

Edmonton easily could have won 2-3 games against the Avs and we actually saw those games play out, not some hypothetical you've produced. 3/4 of the games were 1 goal differences.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Except you do have a horse in the race, you "proudly" post your location of Edmonton because that gives you the license to come into every single Oiler thread and talk shit. Calgary lost because their team couldn't handle Edmonton's offense even with Smith gifting them 4+ goals a game.

But yes, only one team dealt with poor goaltending, let alone significant injuries.

Edmonton easily could have won 2-3 games against the Avs and we actually saw those games play out, not some hypothetical you've produced. 3/4 of the games were 1 goal differences.
You realize the irony in that right lmao? The actual games that played out was a sweep, the hypothecia scenario you produced was them actually winning a game.

Absolutely hilarious you think they could've won 2-3 games considering the one game they made it to OT was the game they led by 2 goals in the third period.

Reactions: McJedi

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

Campbell was worse than Smith last season in both the regular season and playoffs. He was the full time starter for the first time last season.

Colorado can win without elite goaltending because they have the best defense in the league. Where's Edmonton's Makar and Toews? Good luck with Campbell with that defense I guess?
huh? Smith was injured most of the year and literally gifted the Kings a win in Game 1 and tried to gift the Flames a win in Game 4

Oilers had to outscore Smith most of the playoffs

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
huh? Smith was injured most of the year and literally gifted the Kings a win in Game 1 and tried to gift the Flames a win in Game 4

Oilers had to outscore Smith most of the playoffs
1660931929506.png
1660931941257.png

1660931972139.png
1660931985196.png

grewalwings

May 23, 2014
Ontario
Colorado
Edmonton
St. Louis
Calgary

I have St. Louis at 3rd because really didn't do much to improve this offseason, and they lost one of their best powerplay performers in Perron.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I would say Calgary. People are writing them off just because they ran into McDavid on a nearly 3-PPG run.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Has to be St Louis, likely comes down to this

Colorado
St Louis
Calgary
Edmonton

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

As impressive as Edmonton’s demolition of Calgary was. Edmonton got hammered by the Avs. That series wasn’t even close. And included that POS Kane taking out our 2C with a dirty hit causing him to miss 2 of the 4 games and Avs had to play a man down in the third game when Kane was somehow not ejected for his goon play.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Outside of a 3 month Vezina worthy run last season, Campbell has been wildly up and down his whole career as well. He seems mentally fragile and his highs are high and his lows are very low. He should be an upgrade but there’s now guarantee. Leafs are a better overall team than the oilers and better defensively. Who knows he might win the Vezina but I doubt it. With the city change it’s pretty much out of the frying pan and into the fire. Media still going to be tough especially with the Expectation for Mcdavid and the oilers to do well.

Edmonton Media is an easy one to overcome, he’ll be fine. Lots of levelheaded, well thought out media and fans up there.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
The Oilers win percentage under Woodcroft was pretty sky high last year and the guy didn't even have a training camp or even a full practise before being thrown into games, lol.

.724% win percentage under Jay Woodcroft

Colorado under Bednar: .726% win percentage
Flames under Sutter: .677% win percentage
Blues under Berube .665% win percentage
Good to see you have no clue what sample sizes are.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Good to see you have no clue what sample sizes are.

Yeah then he just coached them to a Conference Finals with a badly injured Draisaitl and Nurse.

The lengths this board will go to give no credit to anyone on the Oilers other than McDavid really gets lame. If Boudreau got Vancouver in to the playoffs and to the Conference Final with a badly injured Miller and Hughes the circle jerk here about it being an unbelievable coaching job would be through the roof lol.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2