Season ticket wait list

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
Does anyone recall or have a list of the season ticket gifts that were given over the last 5 years?
This year it is a passport holder
Over the years and not in order: Key chain, Puck and Pin. This was the first year, nothing directly given. You had to use points and go and get it. Nothing in the mail this year. This year almost no communication from the team unless it was for start of season, game day or renewal. I had one contact from ticket rep. If I didn't have the same seat each game, I wouldn't have felt like a season seat holder at all. Complete disconnect from the team.

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
Sure ok. Observations and conversations are jumping to conclusions. Illogical on your part at best. You don’t want to take me at my word so create a narrative that fits. We’ll leave it there.

I'm not questioning your word, I'm questioning the Jets selling their own inventory on the secondary market. That's something worth investigating. Excuse me for doing the logical thing and looking for evidence before just assuming that they're doing it.

Edit: For the record, I am inclined to believe what you're concluding, but without further evidence it's not fair to accept it as fact.

6eb1feb9dc65fdac167e82ffef4598d6.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Sabadecade

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I'm not questioning your word, I'm questioning the Jets selling their own inventory on the secondary market. That's something worth investigating. Excuse me for doing the logical thing and looking for evidence before just assuming that they're doing it.

Did the board not come to the conclusion at the beginning of the season that the Jets had their ticket inventory on seat exchange? Weren’t tickets up for sale on seat exchange prior to STH being able to list games for sale? I could be wrong but thought the board had this discussion before.

The evidence being that the only inventory on that resale site could be the Jets own tickets as STH did not have access.

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
Did the board not come to the conclusion at the beginning of the season that the Jets had their ticket inventory on seat exchange? Weren’t tickets up for sale on seat exchange prior to STH being able to list games for sale? I could be wrong but thought the board had this discussion before.

Was it confirmed, or was it assumed?

If the Jets were selling what used to be Season Tickets on their secondary market tool in lieu of being able to turn those tickets over to the wait-list, then this franchise might be in big trouble.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Was it confirmed, or was it assumed?

If the Jets were selling what used to be Season Tickets on their secondary market tool in lieu of being able to turn those tickets over to the wait-list, then this franchise might be in big trouble.

They Jets were trying to sell the seats that have always been available for sale as walk -ups on Seat Exchange. SSH locations may change a bit but the Jets have always had an inventory of roughly 1000 seats that are not designated as season tickets. There would be articles detailing the exact number of seats available to the general public and those held for the visiting teams.

If a season ticket holder moved seat locations to a seat that had previously been designated a walk up seat that may place the previous seat into general ticket walk up inventory.

What is I thought was certain was the Jets have had the same number of tickets in the hands of STH since 2011 with a slight increase when the loge seating went in.

Food for thought- It is now widely speculated that Ottawa has only 4000 STH and trying to sell 14000 walk ups a night.
Jim Little’s big task is filling the seats in Ottawa - TSN.ca

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
They Jets were trying to sell the seats that have always been available for sale as walk -ups on Seat Exchange. SSH locations may change a bit but the Jets have always had an inventory of roughly 1000 seats that are not designated as season tickets. There would be articles detailing the exact number of seats available to the general public and those held for the visiting teams.

If a season ticket holder moved seat locations to a seat that had previously been designated a walk up seat that may place the previous seat into general ticket walk up inventory.

What is I thought was certain was the Jets have had the same number of tickets in the hands of STH since 2011 with a slight increase when the loge seating went in.

Food for thought- It is now widely speculated that Ottawa has only 4000 STH and trying to sell 14000 walk ups a night.
Jim Little’s big task is filling the seats in Ottawa - TSN.ca

There's also tickets on Ticketmaster (not Seat Exchange). Would those tickets be the walk-up inventory, or are the majority of those going straight to Seat Exchange as well?

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
May I ask how many spots you jumped per year on average? What spot did you have in 2012?

Here is my wait list history as I tracked it over the years...

2012-13 Wait List #2507 (On the list, 2 Seats) – 100$ Fee
2013-14 Wait List #2077 (Up 430 spots) – 100$ in Account
2014-15 Wait List #1882 (Up 195 spots) – 200$ in Account
2015-16 Wait List #1615 (Up 267 spots) – 300$ in Account
2016-17 Wait List #1352 (Up 263 spots) – 400$ in Account
2017-18 Wait List #1001 (Up 351 spots) – 500$ in Account
2018-19 Wait List #720 (Up 281 spots) – 600$ in Account
2019-20 Wait List #534 (Up 186 spots) – 700$ in Account

Average jump in spots each year 281

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
Got the email yesterday to renew my wait list spot "early" and be entered to win tickets to the Jets vs. Golden Knights game on March 29th.

Easy win! I'll be the only one left on the list! LOL!

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013
I can’t believe they still charge 100$ to be on a list.
Fan first website is my goto place for tickets.
30$ to 60$ for 300 sections

Reactions: thegr8one66

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Question for anyone...

when you join the waitlist do you get to tell them the price point that you want to buy in at, or are you forced to take whatever they offer you once you do get offered seats?

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Question for anyone...

when you join the waitlist do you get to tell them the price point that you want to buy in at, or are you forced to take whatever they offer you once you do get offered seats?

I can only speak to when I was on the waitlist then got seats a few years back. There is no option for section, you just get on the list. I was offered a single pair of seats in P6. If I declined I would stay at the top of the list for the following season. If I declined what was on offer then, I would be moved to the back of the list.

The ticket rep at the time said that you have to "get in the building" first. Then you make a request for lower bowl seats and they move those people in the upper deck down.

Quite frankly it's a stupid system. At the time I got tickets I wanted P7, a friend of mine wanted P6. He was offered P7 take it or leave it, I was offered P6 take it or leave it. I don't know if they've made any adjustments to their system with the weakening demand or not.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
The ticket rep at the time said that you have to "get in the building" first. Then you make a request for lower bowl seats and they move those people in the upper deck down.

It's one thing to "get in the building" in P6 seats when you really want P2 as an example, but it's a whole other game when you can only afford P6 and you are offered P2.

Would be interesting to know if this has changed or not. JMO, but maybe each price point ( P1, P2, etc.) should have had it's own waiting list.

Reactions: Spock

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
There's also tickets on Ticketmaster (not Seat Exchange). Would those tickets be the walk-up inventory, or are the majority of those going straight to Seat Exchange as well?
The tickets on ticketmaster are the Jets ticket inventory. The tickets on seat exchange are the SSH re sale tickets on the Jets official resale platform (secondary market). It’s not uncommon for NHL teams to sell their own ticket inventory on the secondary market. Some teams have dumped hundreds of tickets of their own inventory on stub hub in the past.

If the same seat appears on ticketmaster and seatexchange , the only group with the ability to do such would be the team itself.

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
The tickets on ticketmaster are the Jets ticket inventory. The tickets on seat exchange are the SSH re sale tickets on the Jets official resale platform (secondary market). It’s not uncommon for NHL teams to sell their own ticket inventory on the secondary market. Some teams have dumped hundreds of tickets of their own inventory on stub hub in the past.

If the same seat appears on ticketmaster and seatexchange , the only group with the ability to do such would be the team itself.

That makes sense. And you can confirm you've in fact seen this? What was the price they were selling them for?

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
So let me get this straight. If you have semi low income and are offered the most expensive seats twice in a row (by the luck of the draw), you get assigned to the back of the list again? That’s crazy.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
So let me get this straight. If you have semi low income and are offered the most expensive seats twice in a row (by the luck of the draw), you get assigned to the back of the list again? That’s crazy.

In theory, yes, but I assume they are only offering upper decks seats to people off the wait list. That was the implication that was given to me anyway. But yeah as was mentioned above there should be a mechanism where you can say, I'm willing to take this price level, or this price level and cheaper.

JetsHockeyHero

Sep 20, 2014
Portage
I was offered tickets last year off the waitlist, was only given option of P5, P6 or P7. Had an option of a few sets of seats, went and saw them and they had papers on seats that were available. was told then that waitlist would only be offered upper bowl, and all lower bowl would be offered only to previous seat holders looking for relocation.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
I was offered tickets last year off the waitlist, was only given option of P5, P6 or P7. Had an option of a few sets of seats, went and saw them and they had papers on seats that were available. was told then that waitlist would only be offered upper bowl, and all lower bowl would be offered only to previous seat holders looking for relocation.

Glad to hear they've improved their process with various options. Did you end up taking seats?

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

That's a better way. Offer the cheaper seats to the waiting list, they take them to get in the building, and then if someone really wants more expensive seats they can then ask.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
Question for anyone...

Yes, The last two times I've renewed my wait list, they asked the price range of seats I was looking for via an online question at the time of paying. Previous to that, I don't recall them asking.

I was also offered seats, as part of what seemed to be an email blast to wait list members this year, but all that was being offered were upper levels, P5, 6 & 7. This offer was complete with an offer to potentially buy seats to individual games (this season) as a "test run" to see if these would be the seats you wanted.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Yes, The last two times I've renewed my wait list, they asked the price range of seats I was looking for via an online question at the time of paying. Previous to that, I don't recall them asking.

I was also offered seats, as part of what seemed to be an email blast to wait list members this year, but all that was being offered were upper levels, P5, 6 & 7. This offer was complete with an offer to potentially buy seats to individual games (this season) as a "test run" to see if these would be the seats you wanted.

A "test run"? That would have been nice. My experience in year #1 was having the ticket agent pointing at 4 seats and then pointing at the door that goes outside.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
That makes sense. And you can confirm you've in fact seen this? What was the price they were selling them for?
I personally did not check seat exchange. There is a discussion somewhere on these boards where tickets were for sale for pre-season games on seat exchange prior to season ticket holders being able to list tickets for sale on seat exchange.

The idea was that the only entity with the ability to place tickets on seat exchange when it was locked to SSH would be the Jets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad