Season ticket wait list

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
I just re-did the my numbers.
(Note: The prices I used were based on the 2018-19 Loge prices.)
Just for fun, Let's say the C games and Pre-Season games aren't worth the published "face value"...
Season Ticket Total

Season Ticket Total $ 6,417.00
Total Games45
Therefore Season Ticket Price per ticket is $ 142.60
Qty.Face ValueFace MarkupLet's say this is the "Acutal Value"Face Value Sub TotalsActual Value Sub Totals
A+ Games4 $ 242.50 170% $ 242.50 $ 970.00 $ 970.00
A Games19 $ 221.00 155% $ 206.74 $ 4,199.00 $ 3,928.06
B Games11 $ 206.75 145% $ 178.23 $ 2,274.25 $ 1,960.53
C Games7 $ 185.50 130% $ 142.72 $ 1,298.50 $ 999.04
Pre-Season Games4 $ 164.00 115% $ 49.92 $ 656.00 $ 199.68
Totals 45 $ 9,397.75 $ 8,057.31
A Total Season Seat Savings of: $ 2,980.75 $ 1,640.31
32%20%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
In the end, it's all just "rearranging the deck chairs". Any way you slice it, as an STH you still get a discount. It may not be as big as you thought it was, but then, if you've always valued the pre-season games less than the "face value" then, you have nothing to complain about. TN hasn't changed anything and they aren't about to start now either.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
From now on...

I want the cost of my Season Tickets to be reflective of the lineup we are going to put on the ice.

Last season I paid $xxxxx

This season without Buff, Laine, Connor, Trouba, Myers, Tanev, Chairot, and whomever else decides they might want to retire next week... There is no way my tickets are worth the same as they were last season.

Reactions: The Blue Baron

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
From now on...

I want the cost of my Season Tickets to be reflective of the lineup we are going to put on the ice.

This season without Buff, Laine, Connor, Trouba, Myers, Tanev, Chairot, and whomever else decides they might want to retire next week... There is no way my tickets are worth the same as they were last season.

I think all games this year should come with a money back guarantee. If you were not completely satisfied with the performance of the Jets this evening... :nod:

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
From now on...

You should know that this world will never catch up to that logic.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
From now on...

What are you saying exactly?

1. You'd be willing to pay for tickets based on the prorated salary cap hit of players in the game, on a game by game basis?
OR
2. Pay for tickets based on how much you specifically like a particular player or group of players in the lineup on a game by game basis?

#2 is just plain silly.
#1 However, be careful what you're asking because, let's say Buff comes back and they sign Laine & Connor for the maximum they can afford, a cap team will charge you more than last year's $xxxxx, and still be missing Trouba, Myers, Tanev and Chariot. How would you feel then?

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
What are you saying exactly?

1. You'd be willing to pay for tickets based on the prorated salary cap hit of players in the game, on a game by game basis?
OR
2. Pay for tickets based on how much you specifically like a particular player or group of players in the lineup on a game by game basis?

#2 is just plain silly.
#1 However, be careful what you're asking because, let's say Buff comes back and they sign Laine & Connor for the maximum they can afford, a cap team will charge you more than last year's $xxxxx, and still be missing Trouba, Myers, Tanev and Chariot. How would you feel then?

Great.*

*Hypothetical - if I were 100% human, of course.

Reactions: Sabadecade

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Does anyone recall or have a list of the season ticket gifts that were given over the last 5 years?
This year it is a passport holder

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
I can't figure out why we only have 40 home games this year? Is it cause of that game vs Calgary? I thought they were the home team?

wpgfishfan

Apr 1, 2014
I can't figure out why we only have 40 home games this year? Is it cause of that game vs Calgary? I thought they were the home team?

Jets home team versus Calgary just like last year versus Florida in Finland. Each year we lost a home game. Chipman makes sure we still pay for 4 preseason as we have yet to lose a home game for Brandon Regina etc

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
My 2019-20 Wait List number currently is #534. I have been on the wait list since 2012 and have 700$ in my account...

On Wednesay Feb 12 2020, I received this email from the Jets:

We are happy to inform that as a valued Winnipeg Jets Wait List member, you are next in line to receive a season seat offer starting in the 2020-21 season. In order to assist you in planning for next season, we are happy to offer you an exclusive pick 3 games seat package at season seat holder pricing for the remaining games in the 2019-20 season. The package will allow you to test out multiple seat locations that are similar to those that will be offered to you as season seats for next season.

Seat availability is limited to the upper bowl as outlined in the ticket map below. To test out multiple locations select the button below and login to your Winnipeg Jets Account to select your games and seat locations. Seats are very limited and will not last long. The deadline to select your seats is Wednesday, February 19th, 2020 at 5 PM.

I wonder how many people on the wait list will make the jump to STH. I have a feeling many will pass on the traditional STH type of term agreement with a group or people and hold out for mini-packs (at STH prices?), we'll see how it True North manages it going forward...

I already have a traditional STH group with loge seats, we'll see how it is after the 3 year term we just renewed...

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
For what it's worth, the seats I sat in for 8 years have still not been sold to a STH. I've talked multiple times with the people we sat beside who still sit in the same seats and it's always different people and they've asked if they are STH. Answer is always no. The seats are available on Ticket Exchange whenever I have gone to look. P3s, section 112.

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
For what it's worth, the seats I sat in for 8 years have still not been sold to a STH. I've talked multiple times with the people we sat beside who still sit in the same seats and it's always different people and they've asked if they are STH. Answer is always no. The seats are available on Ticket Exchange whenever I have gone to look. P3s, section 112.
Who do you propose is selling them if not a STH?

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Who do you propose is selling them if not a STH?

The Jets. As in True North.

If the seats are almost always available, and you suggest it is a STH, then they have made a substantial error in judgement thinking they could buy the seats and sell all the games save for the ones they don't want.

What I didn't point out is that the seats are also often empty as I can readily see them from where I sit now. They are currently for sale for tonight, not for Hawks, also available for Kings.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

If the seats are almost always available, and you suggest it is a STH, then they have made a substantial error in judgement thinking they could buy the seats and sell all the games save for the ones they don't want.

What I didn't point out is that the seats are also often empty as I can readily see them from where I sit now. They are currently for sale for tonight, not for Hawks, also available for Kings.

Ex-seat stalker. Let 'em go man, let 'em go. :laugh:

Reactions: Spock

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan

What's more likely: the Jets selling their primary inventory on the secondary market or a season ticket holder selling all or most of their tickets?

Perhaps the account holder(s) relocated to your seats and they're not brand new STH.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

Not sure, but IIRC each team has to set aside a certain number of seats for the visiting team, NHL brass, other assorted bigwigs, etc., etc. so, not every seat is a ST or can be a ST. These could be those type of seats. In which case it would be seats sold by the Jets when they are not needed.

Reactions: Spock

Tagleeandeddy

Jul 16, 2015
Winnipeg
My 2019-20 Wait List number currently is #534. I have been on the wait list since 2012 and have 700$ in my account...

On Wednesay Feb 12 2020, I received this email from the Jets:

I wonder how many people on the wait list will make the jump to STH. I have a feeling many will pass on the traditional STH type of term agreement with a group or people and hold out for mini-packs (at STH prices?), we'll see how it True North manages it going forward...

I already have a traditional STH group with loge seats, we'll see how it is after the 3 year term we just renewed...

May I ask how many spots you jumped per year on average? What spot did you have in 2012?

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
What's more likely: the Jets selling their primary inventory on the secondary market or a season ticket holder selling all or most of their tickets?

Perhaps the account holder(s) relocated to your seats and they're not brand new STH.

Well, given that the people sitting next to my seats have been there since the start and are friends and that they've talked to the people beside them frequently (they are chatty and very nice) asking if they are the new seat holders and nobody has said yes, I'm going with the Jets. That the seats are also empty on more than one occasion that I've seen and are frequently on sale on Ticket Exchange (would you rather sell on ticket exchange and get nothing or fansfirst.ca and get something?) I'm still leaning to the first option. It seems more logical, if you will.

I do agree with the possibility that the Jets have rolled this into their own inventory for visiting teams and are making them available otherwise as needed.

My point being that if the wait list is still such a hot thing, why isn't a person sitting in those seats regularly. They are good (not great) lower bowl seats that should have been quickly snapped up by either a new STH from the wait list or as you contend someone moving from somewhere else to more desirable seats.

@nobody imp0rtant stalking? Yeah, I suppose it is. They're just easy to find and every couple of games we wander that way to chat with our friends so it's easy to follow.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
Well, given that the people sitting next to my seats have been there since the start and are friends and that they've talked to the people beside them frequently (they are chatty and very nice) asking if they are the new seat holders and nobody has said yes, I'm going with the Jets. That the seats are also empty on more than one occasion that I've seen and are frequently on sale on Ticket Exchange (would you rather sell on ticket exchange and get nothing or fansfirst.ca and get something?) I'm still leaning to the first option. It seems more logical, if you will.

I do agree with the possibility that the Jets have rolled this into their own inventory for visiting teams and are making them available otherwise as needed.

My point being that if the wait list is still such a hot thing, why isn't a person sitting in those seats regularly. They are good (not great) lower bowl seats that should have been quickly snapped up by either a new STH from the wait list or as you contend someone moving from somewhere else to more desirable seats.

@nobody imp0rtant stalking? Yeah, I suppose it is. They're just easy to find and every couple of games we wander that way to chat with our friends so it's easy to follow.
The people who sit next to me are different almost every game, but those seats belong to a STH who has been selling every game since last year. They wouldn't know the STH because they buy them on Seat Exchange or whatever the STH is using (StubHub, FansFirst).

I wouldn't jump to a conclusion that the Jets are selling regular seats on Seat Exchange given the missing information, unless someone has hard evidence.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
The people who sit next to me are different almost every game, but those seats belong to a STH who has been selling every game since last year. They wouldn't know the STH because they buy them on Seat Exchange or whatever the STH is using (StubHub, FansFirst).

I wouldn't jump to a conclusion that the Jets are selling regular seats on Seat Exchange given the missing information, unless someone has hard evidence.
Sure ok. Observations and conversations are jumping to conclusions. Illogical on your part at best. You don’t want to take me at my word so create a narrative that fits. We’ll leave it there.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
In regards to the Jets selling their own tickets on Seat Exchange(STH ticket resale site) in addition to ticket master didn’t some posters show evidence of that previously?

I thought I recalled the discussion at the beginning of the season of Jets tickets for sale on seatexchange before STH could even list. Those tickets could only come from one place.

I expect the wait list is soon to be a thing of the past. The only people on the list will be people waiting for a specific price point and arena location. Someone who wants P1 or P2 and is offered P6 or P7 and vice versa. Some waitlisters may even be more specific waiting for specific sections and locations such as attack zone for 2 periods facing the team benches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad