Season ticket holders: What incentives do you receive with your season tickets?

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
If the price hasn't changed, and they give you added benefits, you don't consider that free?
If you opt out of the (4) Flint games it's $40 cheaper per ticket. Cheap tickets if you're going to use them but I usually just go down once a year so I just buy those from the box office.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
The Peterborough Petes should be ASHAMED of themselves. They are pathetic !

This is a major bone of contention for me -
Those purchasing flex packs are given free merch but if you’re a STH forget it -you get nothing- not even a cheap pen-no merch whatsoever!

Probably get your playoff tickets held for purchase but I will look into what benefits we get -the fact that I have to look it up speaks volumes too.

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
Us Hamilton usually get pretty standard perks.

- 15% season ticket holder merch discount
- Yearly team meet & greet/public skate
- Ticket pickup party (although has been a while due to Covid)
- Usually a physical gift of some kind
A red drawstring napsack (first year)​
Discount of a jersey purchase (2nd year)​
Discount on a grey spring jacket
A Pennant
A Bobblehead
Championship Posters​
This year was exceptionally good, a VERY good replica championship ring, and a Dogtag​
- Never Wasted Ticket Policy (Swap unused tickets for tickets for another game)
- Random Fan First Goal Budweiser Red Light Giveaway
- Season Ticket holder of the game (I never win it though) usually $50 gift cards to various vendors
- First round of the playoffs free (if you renew before they start)
- Two Bring a Friend vouchers
- Buy additional tickets at season ticket holder rate
- Member only entrance (which is honestly not that great)
- Access to member's only pre-game lounge buffet (although I think that died with COVID)

Reactions: TheGremlin

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
Us Hamilton usually get pretty standard perks.

- 15% season ticket holder merch discount
- Yearly team meet & greet/public skate
- Ticket pickup party (although has been a while due to Covid)
- Usually a physical gift of some kind
A red drawstring napsack (first year)​
Discount of a jersey purchase (2nd year)​
Discount on a grey spring jacket​
A Pennant​
A Bobblehead​
Championship Posters​
This year was exceptionally good, a VERY good replica championship ring, and a Dogtag​
- Never Wasted Ticket Policy (Swap unused tickets for tickets for another game)
- Random Fan First Goal Budweiser Red Light Giveaway
- Season Ticket holder of the game (I never win it though) usually $50 gift cards to various vendors
- First round of the playoffs free (if you renew before they start)
- Two Bring a Friend vouchers
- Buy additional tickets at season ticket holder rate
- Member only entrance (which is honestly not that great)
- Access to member's only pre-game lounge buffet (although I think that died with COVID)
That first round of the playoffs free is a cool one but it's really surprising because the playoffs are where sports teams usually make money but I guess it locks people in for the following year so it probably pencils out.

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
The Peterborough Petes should be ASHAMED of themselves. They are pathetic !

This is a major bone of contention for me -
Those purchasing flex packs are given free merch but if you’re a STH forget it -you get nothing- not even a cheap pen-no merch whatsoever!

Probably get your playoff tickets held for purchase but I will look into what benefits we get -the fact that I have to look it up speaks volumes too.
If I were a Pete's fan, I'd revolt after seeing all of this from the different teams...most of the benefits are trivial but they still exist. The crazy thing is that looking at the attendance graphs on hockeydb, over the last 5 years the Pete's attendance is up on average about 500ish fans which is a huge difference. For years they were in the 2500-2600 range and for the last 5 years they've been in the 3000-3100 range. I saw that the Petes won the conference one year but every other one was pretty marginal or below average. It's pretty amazing they've been able to keep the tickets up this long, is there anything else that's contributed to that?

Logosarejusttargets

Jan 3, 2023
For the Fronts:
-
  • 10% off regular priced Kingston Frontenacs apparel and merchandise in The Fronts Shop.
  • Buddy Pass -
    • A voucher to bring a friend with you to a Kingston Frontenacs 2022-23 regular season home game.
  • Savings Off the Walk-up Box Office Pricing.
  • Guaranteed Access to Purchase Playoff Tickets
  • Express Line at Specific Concession Stands
  • Priority Line for Post-Game Kingston Frontenacs Player Autographs.
  • Early Bird Raffle Prizes
  • Discount/Savings on local business

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
If you opt out of the (4) Flint games it's $40 cheaper per ticket. Cheap tickets if you're going to use them but I usually just go down once a year so I just buy those from the box office.
If you guys are paying for them, makes perfect sense if you aren't going. Ours are a free added benefit, the total price of my tickets haven't changed.

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
That first round of the playoffs free is a cool one but it's really surprising because the playoffs are where sports teams usually make money but I guess it locks people in for the following year so it probably pencils out.

That's kind of it, that and you are getting a big lump sum, or at the very least, monthly payments for your offseason when you have much less revenue coming in. Besides, while gate is important, merch and concessions tend to have better margins.

Slap Shot Rick

Apr 1, 2015
In Saginaw we get:

- Gift...the last two years it was a big team autographed canvas print (however it was the exact same photo which was pretty tacky)...in other years it's been pint glasses or something like that.
- A handful of "buddy tickets"...I use these along with the exchange tix to donate to a non-profit.
- Flint away game vouchers (these are optional)...they're not optional for Flint fans and we get a ton of away fans at those games.
- Season ticket holder meet and greet (includes pizza and pop)
- Seat decal with company or personal name on it
- Discounted parking pass (if desired)
- 25% off merch (not jerseys)
- Exchange nights during the season and during the first half of the following season. Again, I store these and use them for a non-profit.
- First rights to keep your seats for playoffs.
- Post-season awards night (I don't know if they've done this for a while because of covid)
- In the past they've done a season holder trivia night.

They also do a very nice sit-down dinner for the sponsors...I've been to this a few times and it's a very nice event.
I heard from a Spirit official at the "Meet and Greet" the other night that the Spirit are doing away with the ticket book. Season ticket holders will their choice of e-tickets or printed tickets from Ticket Master.

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
They cut it this year. Renewals are 1. Going to be late because they are still getting the building in Brantford actually mapped to be on ticketmaster, and I assume 2. They already have huge commitments for next year without even having to offer that early bird incentive.

Reactions: HF92

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
I heard from a Spirit official at the "Meet and Greet" the other night that the Spirit are doing away with the ticket book. Season ticket holders will their choice of e-tickets or printed tickets from Ticket Master.
Are any other arenas across the OHL going to mobile-only? It seems like nearly all of US professional sports are mobile-only and many colleges are too.

There's some annoyances with mobile tickets but it's also very easy to send tickets to someone and you don't have to mess with leaving them at WillCall. I'm still relatively young (at least I feel I am) but I'm definitely in the "get off my lawn" crowd with having everything on my phone. I get so dang nervous that I'm going to lose my phone and I'll have to spend days rebuilding my life because so much is on there.

Reactions: HF92 and Jawk

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Are any other arenas across the OHL going to mobile-only? It seems like nearly all of US professional sports are mobile-only and many colleges are too.

There's some annoyances with mobile tickets but it's also very easy to send tickets to someone and you don't have to mess with leaving them at WillCall. I'm still relatively young (at least I feel I am) but I'm definitely in the "get off my lawn" crowd with having everything on my phone. I get so dang nervous that I'm going to lose my phone and I'll have to spend days rebuilding my life because so much is on there.

The Soo is trying to do it BUT is having issues because a bigger chunk of their audience is older and either does not have a phone or doesn't know how to use the internet very well still. They get tons of complaints about the current process which isn't online/mobile only.

ecraigs

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2013

In Ottawa, we get access to a Ticketmaster page that lets us download our tickets and parking passes to our phone. Even if you lose your phone, you can download them again. I buy my 50/50 online because I can then zoom in to the numbers instead of trying read a tiny ticket. QR code to get into and out of the parking. I started getting a season's pass in Ottawa in 197... something. I remember the first year it was $99 a seat for 33 home games. Not that price now. Little books of tickets that get lost or stolen if you're not careful.

For some of us old guys, these are the good old days.

Reactions: OffIceMan

OffIceMan

Oct 27, 2013
In Ottawa, we get access to a Ticketmaster page that lets us download our tickets and parking passes to our phone. Even if you lose your phone, you can download them again. I buy my 50/50 online because I can then zoom in to the numbers instead of trying read a tiny ticket. QR code to get into and out of the parking. I started getting a season's pass in Ottawa in 197... something. I remember the first year it was $99 a seat for 33 home games. Not that price now. Little books of tickets that get lost or stolen if you're not careful.

For some of us old guys, these are the good old days.
Kinda neat that you can buy your 50-50 tickets online. Would be even better if the winner gets sent an email notifying them if they win.

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton

Hamilton still has the option for printing tickets, which I frankly prefer myself. The biggest issue I have with the mobile only ticketing is it's basically data mining. Invariably, even when you say don't send me offers, you get tacked onto a mailing list.

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
mobile only is when I find another place to spend $$$$$
It's coming...the Spirit are honestly one of the only things I attend even locally that aren't mobile-only tickets. All of the other events (comedians, globetrotters, concerts) at the Dow Event Center seem to be mobile only.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario

Owen Sound I don't think will ever go fully mobile ticketing.

For a few reasons, the big one is the median age of the attendees are of an older crowd. The team has digital ticketing as a option but I believe that will never truly see Owen Sound go fully digital.

Up until the covid season where it was just geographical schedule we still used ripped tickets now we have digital tickets with printed ticketing options still available. Being a STH and seeing what happened during the pandemic season and seeing the challenges of rescheduling I still prefer to get the team to print tickets.

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
2023-24 in Brantford. 2 seats on the sides will cost me an extra $624 after tax next year vs. this year.

Full Season Membership Package:

• Digital ticket to 34 Bulldogs home games, at the lowest price available
  • Complimentary season member gift
  • Commemorative Ticket for the 2023-24 Home Opener
  • Access to Bulldogs Ticket Re-Sale platform
    • Can’t make a game? Re-sell your tickets back to the community!
    • Details to come
  • Access to exclusive Season Member events
  • Name included on Founding Members Wall
  • Discounts on Bulldogs merchandise
  • Discounts at Bulldogs partner establishments
  • First right of refusal for 2024 OHL Playoff Seating
  • Personal Account Representative
  • Flexible 2023 Payment Options
    • Pay in full upon seat selection
    • 3-month interest-free payment plan
      • May 5th
      • July 7th
      • Sept 1st
  • For 3-year Members your $100 deposit will be held as payment towards years 2 and 3.

Season Membership Pricing:

• Sidelines - $851.33 + HST
    • Sections 103-107 and 113-117
  • Endzone - $730.97 + HST
    • Sections 100-102, 108-112, and 118-119

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
After getting the notice of the price bump for Hamilton/Brantford I was interested in prices in other cities. I've tried to make a list with the info I could find. The list reflects sideline seating in each building that compares the closest from one building to the next. Some buildings have Platinum/club seating with extra benefits that I tried to make a note of as well. Some teams require a call/email to get the info.

All before tax prices

Barrie - call/email for info
Brantford - 851.33
Erie - 425 USD (582.25 CAD)
Flint - 612 USD (838.44 CAD) (816 USD for VIP (1, 117.92 CAD)) 22/23 prices
Guelph - 705.50 (943.50 for club)
Kingston - 23/24 info coming soon
Kitchener - call/email for info
London - No info, join the wait list
Mississauga - 622.69 (774.99 for club) 22/23 prices
Niagara - 690 (1200 for club) for higher rows, 672 for closer to glass.
North Bay - 715
Oshawa - 721 (1049 for premium)
Ottawa - call/email for info
Owen Sound - 823
Peterborough - call/email for info
Saginaw - 623 USD (853.37 CAD) for sidelines in higher rows, 736 USD (1, 008.32 CAD) for Executive/closer to glass. 22/23 prices
Sarnia - 625 (775 for club) 22/23 prices
Soo - 630
Sudbury - 639 (679 for club)
Windsor - 552.5 (1, 054 for club) 22/23 prices

I find it interesting that Niagara and Saginaw have different prices for how close to the glass you are, BUT one prices glass seats higher and the other lower.

Last edited:

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
Saginaw calls the lowest level (closest to the glass) the "executive level" and sells those to mostly businesses thus charging more.

To me, the best seat in the house is the top row of the "lower level" (middle tier) because you can see clearly over the glass and it's easy in/out to concessions

Reactions: Jawk

Greatger

May 11, 2007
After getting the notice of the price bump for Hamilton/Brantford I was interested in prices in other cities. I've tried to make a list with the info I could find. The list reflects sideline seating in each building that compares the closest from one building to the next. Some buildings have Platinum/club seating with extra benefits that I tried to make a note of as well. Some teams require a call/email to get the info.

All before tax prices

Barrie - call/email for info
Brantford - 851.33
Erie - 425 USD (582.25 CAD)
Flint - 612 USD (838.44 CAD) (816 USD for VIP (1, 117.92 CAD)) 22/23 prices
Guelph - 705.50 (943.50 for club)
Kingston - 23/24 info coming soon
Kitchener - call/email for info
London - No info, join the wait list
Mississauga - 622.69 (774.99 for club) 22/23 prices
Niagara - 690 (1200 for club) for higher rows, 672 for closer to glass.
North Bay - 715
Oshawa - 721 (1049 for premium)
Ottawa - call/email for info
Owen Sound - 823
Peterborough - call/email for info
Saginaw - 623 USD (853.37 CAD) for sidelines in higher rows, 736 USD (1, 008.32 CAD) for Executive/closer to glass. 22/23 prices
Sarnia - 625 (775 for club) 22/23 prices
Soo - 630
Sudbury - 639 (679 for club)
Windsor - 552.5 (1, 054 for club) 22/23 prices

I find it interesting that Niagara and Saginaw have different prices for how close to the glass you are, BUT one prices glass seats higher and the other lower.
North Bay - 614. Sit anywhere.

Reactions: Jawk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad