Season ticket holders: What incentives do you receive with your season tickets?

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Hey everyone!

I was just wondering what incentives, gifts, discounts, shirts, or anything extra you get that isn't your seat for being a season ticket member?

In the Soo we get a card for a 10% discount at the store, and we can trade in unused tickets, and I think that's really it LOL

Would love to hear what other teams do, if anything at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roadhog

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Hey everyone!

I was just wondering what incentives, gifts, discounts, shirts, or anything extra you get that isn't your seat for being a season ticket member?

In the Soo we get a card for a 10% discount at the store, and we can trade in unused tickets, and I think that's really it LOL

Would love to hear what other teams do
In Owen Sound it varys from season to season.

To give you a general overview of what OS STH get are as follows with minor tweaks from season to season.

1. If selected a ticket bundle with all 34 home dated tickets (or) the option to print them off yourself.

2. Pens with the teams logo on it

3. A courtesy gift that can vary from season to season for example (hats, scarfs, team photos signed by the team etc.)

4. Within the booklets we also get vouchers for (bring a friend tickets 1 pre-package, 1 free popcorn voucher for any concession stand)

5. We also get first option to purchase our playoff tickets with a time frame minimum 1 day prior to gameday.

Reactions: Roadhog and HF92

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
Hey everyone!

Rangers STH

We get
1 Preseason game.
A pizza night
$10 off in the store 2X a year. Nov and Jan I believe.

That is pretty well it.

We don't even get ticket books anymore which is a shame. I would at least like the option but I am not renewing my seats after this mess.

Not to mention, we only save a little over $1 a game. The savings isn't worth it.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Sudbury this year we got 6 buddie tickets any game for 8 dollars with this ticket, unused ticket exchange free anytime before 24 hrs of the game you chose, 2wolves golf shirts per ticket hospitality room for free snacks open 90 minutes before game and draws for early bird sales.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015

Pretty much lists everything the Otters offer

• Right of first refusal on your seat(s) for all Erie Otters playoff package opportunities and the 23/24 season.
  • Full Season Members receive priority over Saturday & Flex Plan members on all orders & seat locations.
  • Complimentary tickets to home exhibition games if played at the Erie Insurance Arena
  • 15% discount on Erie Otters Merchandise, excluding jerseys (must show Season Membership ID Card)
  • Pre-sale access to arena events/shows
  • Season ticket member gift
  • Complimentary Season Membership Pin
  • Convenient monthly payment plans available
  • Never Waste a Ticket Exchange Program
    • Tickets can be exchanged through your online ticket account.
    • Unused tickets can be exchanged for any regular season home game excluding Home Opener, Thanksgiving and New Year’s Eve. Blackout dates subject to change via Erie Otters.
  • Opportunity to purchase a discounted parking pass for the Erie Insurance Parking Garage on East 8th Street
  • Exclusive individual game ticket pre-sale opportunity.
  • Exclusive Member-only Events
  • Priority line for post-game autographs and photos
  • Exclusive Member-only Early Entrance
  • Chance to be “Season Member of the Game”
  • Referral Rewards Program – For each new Full Season Membership, the referring member will receive a $25 Erie Otters Gift Certificate

ColtsNLeafs

Jul 20, 2022

Pretty much lists everything the Otters offer

• Right of first refusal on your seat(s) for all Erie Otters playoff package opportunities and the 23/24 season.
  • Full Season Members receive priority over Saturday & Flex Plan members on all orders & seat locations.
  • Complimentary tickets to home exhibition games if played at the Erie Insurance Arena
  • 15% discount on Erie Otters Merchandise, excluding jerseys (must show Season Membership ID Card)
    • Unused tickets can be exchanged for any regular season home game excluding Home Opener, Thanksgiving and New Year’s Eve. Blackout dates subject to change via Erie Otters.
  • Opportunity to purchase a discounted parking pass for the Erie Insurance Parking Garage on East 8th Street
  • Referral Rewards Program – For each new Full Season Membership, the referring member will receive a $25 Erie Otters Gift Certificate
Erie and Sudbury seem to be doing the right thing. It's ridiculous to me how little some of these teams do to add value/appreciation to their STH.

Reactions: Roadhog and NOA

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Bulldogs give you a monthly gift.
All the giveway stuff (outside of trading cards this year)
Can exchange unused tickets
discount on food and merch.

The gifts are usually pretty cool. This year there was a nice mason mctavish bobblehead to start the season.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Hey everyone!

Erie Otters:

• UP TO A 40% DISCOUNT OVER WALK UP TICKET PRICES!
  • Same seat for all 34 regular season games
  • Right of first refusal on your seat(s) for all Erie Otters playoff package opportunities and the 22/23 season.
    • Unused tickets can be exchanged for any regular season home game excluding Thanksgiving and New Year’s Eve. Blackout dates subject to change via Erie Otters.
    • Once a ticket is exchanged it cannot be re-exchanged for another game, even if it is unused.
  • Referral Rewards Program – For each new Full Season Membership, the referring member will receive a $25 Erie Otters Gift Certificate.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
In London you have the privilege of being at every home game :naughty:

I kid... Kind of
You also get the preseason games at no charge and a 10% discount at The Armoury

The more I think about it there is also first right of refusal and promo pricing for playoff tickets...

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Erie and Sudbury seem to be doing the right thing. It's ridiculous to me how little some of these teams do to add value/appreciation to their STH.
If the demand is there for season tickets, why does a team need to fork out more money in incentives to lure in more? Maybe Erie and Sudbury have a hard time luring in folks to buy season tickets hence the need to add more incentives....Terrible comparison but Apple doesn't discount their phones at launch to try and get more people to buy one, they already have a slew of people waiting to buy it year after year

During these tough economic times the past 3 years, it's no surprise that teams may be cutting back on incentives although might I add could be a double edged sword

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
this is what Windsor STH get

2022/2023 STM MEMBER BENEFITS

• Big Savings compared to “day of game” pricing

• Same great seat for all home games

• Convenient payment plan options

• Complimentary “Bring a friend” vouchers

• Ticket exchange policy *

• Special Season ticket member gift

• Season Pass to Lakeshore Canadiens and LaSalle Vipers. Regular season home games (approx. value $370)*

• Ticket vouchers to Lakeshore Canadiens and LaSalle Vipers. Regular season home games (approx. value $22)*

• Dedicated account representative

• Free Game day line ups (emailed)

• Name on your seat**

• Season ticket member BBQ and ticket pick up ***

• Guaranteed playoff seat priority for all playoff games

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
In Saginaw we get:

- Gift...the last two years it was a big team autographed canvas print (however it was the exact same photo which was pretty tacky)...in other years it's been pint glasses or something like that.
- A handful of "buddy tickets"...I use these along with the exchange tix to donate to a non-profit.
- Flint away game vouchers (these are optional)...they're not optional for Flint fans and we get a ton of away fans at those games.
- Season ticket holder meet and greet (includes pizza and pop)
- Seat decal with company or personal name on it
- Discounted parking pass (if desired)
- 25% off merch (not jerseys)
- Exchange nights during the season and during the first half of the following season. Again, I store these and use them for a non-profit.
- First rights to keep your seats for playoffs.
- Post-season awards night (I don't know if they've done this for a while because of covid)
- In the past they've done a season holder trivia night.

They also do a very nice sit-down dinner for the sponsors...I've been to this a few times and it's a very nice event.

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
Rangers STH

We get
1 Preseason game.
A pizza night

That is pretty well it.

We don't even get ticket books anymore which is a shame. I would at least like the option but I am not renewing my seats after this mess.

Not to mention, we only save a little over $1 a game. The savings isn't worth it.
At this point I'm holding onto mine so I get first dibs when a new arena is built. Another 15 years maybe?

Hockytwn51419

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2023
In Saginaw we get:

- Gift...the last two years it was a big team autographed canvas print (however it was the exact same photo which was pretty tacky)...in other years it's been pint glasses or something like that.
- A handful of "buddy tickets"...I use these along with the exchange tix to donate to a non-profit.
- Flint away game vouchers (these are optional)...they're not optional for Flint fans and we get a ton of away fans at those games.
- Season ticket holder meet and greet (includes pizza and pop)
- Seat decal with company or personal name on it
- Discounted parking pass (if desired)
- 25% off merch (not jerseys)
- Exchange nights during the season and during the first half of the following season. Again, I store these and use them for a non-profit.
- First rights to keep your seats for playoffs.
- Post-season awards night (I don't know if they've done this for a while because of covid)
- In the past they've done a season holder trivia night.

They also do a very nice sit-down dinner for the sponsors...I've been to this a few times and it's a very nice event.
Curious why you say they aren’t optional for Flint fans?

Last edited:
Reactions: MJ5

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Rangers STH

We get
1 Preseason game.
A pizza night

That is pretty well it.

I found being a STH actually costed me more money than saved. Didnt go to all the games and tough to sell the extra tickets. Stopped being one the season of covid and never looked back. With limited sellouts I find it easy to buy tickets at my discretion!

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
Bulldogs give you a monthly gift.
All the giveway stuff (outside of trading cards this year)
Can exchange unused tickets
discount on food and merch.

The gifts are usually pretty cool. This year there was a nice mason mctavish bobblehead to start the season.
Also in the past they have given us first round of playoffs free if you renew for the following year.

Extra vouchers.

Meet and greet skate with team.

Reactions: Hamilton Bulldogs

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I found being a STH actually costed me more money than saved. Didnt go to all the games and tough to sell the extra tickets. Stopped being one the season of covid and never looked back. With limited sellouts I find it easy to buy tickets at my discretion!
Same in our family. We gave up seasons after Covid because we discovered there are more things to do on Friday nights. In the past when we had seasons, it was automatic that we were going to a Ranger game and everything else came second. Now, the Rangers just don’t come first anymore. For instance, the weekend when Ottawa visited, we didn’t see a game in the entire weekend, home or away, live or on TV.

Just had other stuff to do.

That may change a little now if we start to look like the team we are supposed to be down the stretch - but just a little.

The Rangers aren’t the religion they used to be for us.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
For Flint and not listed here, they do a few double redemption nights, usually the mid week Wednesday games, or a Sunday game.

I'd say the Free Parking ($10 a game other wise) and the any time redemptions are the biggest perks.

Season Membership Benefits

• FREE Parking ($340 VALUE)
  • 20% Off in The Birds Nest
  • Vouchers to 4 Games vs. Saginaw
  • 2 Buddy Vouchers per Ticket
  • FREE Pre-Season Game Tickets
  • Discount Tickets to Every Game
  • Any Game Redemption Policy
  • Season Membership Entrance Access
  • 1st Right to Renew Your Seat For Next Season
  • 1st Right to Playoff Seating
  • Pre-Sale Opportunities & Discount on Select Concerts & Shows at the Dort Federal Event Center
  • Discount at Select Items at the Concession Stand
  • Season Membership Guest Pricing

Reactions: Roadhog and dirty12

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Nobody has posted Guelph yet but it seems pretty standard...

A gift.
Right of refusal for playoffs.
10% off at the store.
BBQ/meet and greet.
A couple of redemption games.
Now you can also trade in unused tickets for credit which is a pretty good draw.

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
Curious why you say they aren’t optional for Flint fans?
I was told that in the Firebirds ticket packages that you couldn't opt-out of the @Saginaw tickets as a part of your plan. That could have been bad information. Regardless, we do get a lot of Flint fans who travel up for the games. I opt-out of the tickets in Flint but if we're not doing something that night we'll usually hit up 1 or 2 games in Flint a year and just buy tix on gameday.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I was told that in the Firebirds ticket packages that you couldn't opt-out of the @Saginaw tickets as a part of your plan. That could have been bad information. Regardless, we do get a lot of Flint fans who travel up for the games. I opt-out of the tickets in Flint but if we're not doing something that night we'll usually hit up 1 or 2 games in Flint a year and just buy tix on gameday.
Why would you opt out of something free? Flint hasn't upped prices for a few years while they keep adding benefits.

I live 45 minutes south of Flint now, so I don't make it to the games at Saginaw. But I give them to my uncle who lives in Bay City and he enjoys going.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Why would you opt out of something free? Flint hasn't upped prices for a few years while they keep adding benefits.

I live 45 minutes south of Flint now, so I don't make it to the games at Saginaw. But I give them to my uncle who lives in Bay City and he enjoys going.

Because it isnt actually free. The cost is just rolled into your season tickets. I havent bought season tickets in a couple of years but Saginaw used to add the Flint tickets for "free" or you could get just Saginaw home games for a cheaper price.

That said it seems you have a way to use the Saginaw tix so its no skin off your nose, but others might be interested in a cheaper option

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Because it isnt actually free. The cost is just rolled into your season tickets. I havent bought season tickets in a couple of years but Saginaw used to add the Flint tickets for "free" or you could get just Saginaw home games for a cheaper price.

That said it seems you have a way to use the Saginaw tix so its no skin off your nose, but others might be interested in a cheaper option
If the price hasn't changed, and they give you added benefits, you don't consider that free?

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
What are these STH benefits you are all talking about?????...North Bay STH...

What are these STH benefits you are all talking about?????...North Bay STH...
OK..we got 8 buddies this year,,a first...still no redemption nights..that would cut into our 2000 attendances......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad