Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
I'm pretty sure "price point" has never been the stated criteria, it's "current seat location" or something.

I have 2 seats in executive terrace for the last 4 seasons and was in terrace for 2 before that. I get to pick on Nov 9 which is 2 weeks before the seats mentioned in the op. Mine are right on the blue line which does not cost extra in the upper bowl of Rexall but will at Roger's Place. The two sth's in the op both have more seats and one has far more tenure than I do even though all of them are in the same price point.

fivecups

Nov 9, 2011
Edmonton
STH 11 years. Lower bowl, centre ice section 119. Just got our notice we pick our new seats Oct 30 @ 09:00 hrs.

Really? That's interesting...

We've been STH since 1980 in 118 and are picking on Nov 5.

I guess they're placing much more weight on location rather than seniority. Centre ice vs. Blue line

mactforcoach

Nov 18, 2008
Drayton Valley Ab
October 28th here. I am in 119 too, gonna miss being able to eavesdrop on Katz.

Leave us a couple of good seats! I'm going to miss turning around to see who's in Katz suite. Was pretty cool some nights when Gretz, Mess, et al were there. We are row 14 and 15, seats 11. Sit tandem so hope to get 2 seats side by side in the new building.

mactforcoach

Nov 18, 2008
Drayton Valley Ab
Really? That's interesting...

We've been STH since 1980 in 118 and are picking on Nov 5.

I guess they're placing much more weight on location rather than seniority. Centre ice vs. Blue line

That's odd. I guess they're starting in the centre and working their way out? In any event I hope you get some great seats.

oilers9799

Mar 29, 2005
That's odd. I guess they're starting in the centre and working their way out? In any event I hope you get some great seats.

It really does sound like they are starting in the centre and are working their way around.

I think this makes sense because those that sit in the middle currently will have the ability to continue to sit in the centre whether they were long time season ticket holders or new. It leaves them the most options for sitting as close to they currently are, whether it be upper bowl or lower bowl. This pecking order then allows you to have the closest tickets to what you currently have whether you have seniority or not. Makes sense to me.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
everyone should have a card they swipe everytime they get a beer and see where the real money gets spent

thats who gets first dips

vote me for prez

kabs86

Jun 24, 2014
Edmonton
- Season Seat Holder for 2 years (last season was my first season)
- Four (4) side-by-side-by-side-by-side seats
- Terrace (Sec 231, Row 30)

. . . December 10th (ugh.)

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Apparently there is a one hour window to pick your seats. Anyone know if we will be able to check some place to see updates on which seats are taken before it's your turn, so as not to get blindsided somewhat?

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Apparently there is a one hour window to pick your seats. Anyone know if we will be able to check some place to see updates on which seats are taken before it's your turn, so as not to get blindsided somewhat?

I really hope this is the case. If they actually want people to be happy with their seats without sitting in them, I think a heads up would be nice.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Interesting that you can be a season ticket holder since 1976, with a couple tickets that were 20 years in the lowers bowel and then in the lower blues terrace and you are considered a lesser entity than someone that has a couple seats in the lower bowel the last 5 years. I would have to think that 40 years of payments and loyalty should trump that example but apparently not in the Oilers minds.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Received my bright orange Oiler jersey today. Now, I'll need to spend more than that the seater is worth if I want to get it numbered and lettered. Wow, Katz has got us coming and going!:handclap:

oilers9799

Mar 29, 2005
Interesting that you can be a season ticket holder since 1976, with a couple tickets that were 20 years in the lowers bowel and then in the lower blues terrace and you are considered a lesser entity than someone that has a couple seats in the lower bowel the last 5 years. I would have to think that 40 years of payments and loyalty should trump that example but apparently not in the Oilers minds.

I don't think you're understanding how the organization is trying to make this fair. It's people who are closest to center and that are in the lower bowl that are getting first dibs. They get first dibs because they have the best seats in the house, so it's fair that they should have a shot at the best seats in the new arena. If you're at the blue line in the blues when your time comes up, in theory you should be able to get similar tickets.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I don't think you're understanding how the organization is trying to make this fair. It's people who are closest to center and that are in the lower bowl that are getting first dibs. They get first dibs because they have the best seats in the house, so it's fair that they should have a shot at the best seats in the new arena. If you're at the blue line in the blues when your time comes up, in theory you should be able to get similar tickets.

I get that, but then they shouldn't bring up loyalty as part of the equation and leave it at that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hung up on it, just a thought.

glendroid

Mar 17, 2009
Just got our season seats for this season after 6 years on the registry.

Section 214 row 38

December 9 is our selection date.

shooterw

Oct 3, 2015
well I've been a ssh for 14 years, have 5 tickets, 2 in 205, row 26, 3 in 212, row 37. I pick dec 7. This is absolute bull ****, no regard for the people who have stood by the oilers for years and years of terrible hockey, spending money on over priced booze and terrible food. I wish I could go tell them to screw themselves, but then i'm only hurting myself as there are thousands of people waiting to by tickets I'm sure. I wonder if there is anything we could do, probably not....

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009

It's not actually a window, you can pick your seats anytime after your allotted time. Obviously it's to your advantage to pick right away but all that happens in an hour is that another group is allowed to pick as well. I really hope you can look at what is available ahead of time too, otherwise there's a lot of pressure to make a snap decision which would suck.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
well I've been a ssh for 14 years, have 5 tickets, 2 in 205, row 26, 3 in 212, row 37. I pick dec 7. This is absolute bull ****, no regard for the people who have stood by the oilers for years and years of terrible hockey, spending money on over priced booze and terrible food. I wish I could go tell them to screw themselves, but then i'm only hurting myself as there are thousands of people waiting to by tickets I'm sure. I wonder if there is anything we could do, probably not....

What is your concern? You're going to be able to get tickets in as good of a spot in the new arena as you had in Rexall, which is how it should be.

There are almost 3000 more lower bowl seats in the new arena than the old one, should leave options for people to move down if they want.

The overall calculation as far as I know is years of ownership within a specific section, so you'll still be able to select tickets in your area before someone that's been a seat holder for 10 years less than you.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I'd be more concerned about price increases than seat selection. If you have a seat you'll get a seat.

Some seats however are negligible increases whereas some others are very dramatic increases if you want a similar view point of the ice, attack zone twice, etc

shooterw

Oct 3, 2015
I am concerned because there are people who have had seats for a decade or more less, higher up in the 200's, but because they are closer to center ice they get to pick ahead of me. If you tell me that loyalty doesn't count for anything you are probably one of those people sitting closer to center ice. I want to get better seats in the new arena, but picking Dec 7 I don't know if I will be able to, or forced to buy really really expensive ones. I'm just saying it wasn't dealt out the way it was explained to me by the Oilers when I inquired about how the process was going to go, and I do feel how long you have supported your team, win or lose, should be a huge factor.....

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
I am concerned because there are people who have had seats for a decade or more less, higher up in the 200's, but because they are closer to center ice they get to pick ahead of me. If you tell me that loyalty doesn't count for anything you are probably one of those people sitting closer to center ice. I want to get better seats in the new arena, but picking Dec 7 I don't know if I will be able to, or forced to buy really really expensive ones. I'm just saying it wasn't dealt out the way it was explained to me by the Oilers when I inquired about how the process was going to go, and I do feel how long you have supported your team, win or lose, should be a huge factor.....

I think the theory they are going on is this:

The primary objective is that we get a fair shot at replacing the seats we currently have. If you want better seats just because of the new building then you shouldn't get to jump ahead of someone else's ability to replace their seats with something comparable. If you want better seats than you have, you have had every upgrade event since you got tickets to get them. I'd be willing to bet they divided us into groups based on vantage point, then subdivided that group by number of seats in the account then sorted the sub groups by tenure.

I'm not defending it, just defining what it looks like they did. If a large majority of us get a chance to choose a comparable seat then it's probably the best that could be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad