I got November 10th

Been a SSH for 6 years now.

Year 1 - Gallery
Year 2 - Gallery
Year 3 - Executive Terrace
Year 4 - Executive Lower Bowl Behind Net
Year 5 - Silver CLub
Year 6 (This Year) - Silver Club

So I guess seat location and how many has more to do with it then how many years you have been Paying Through The Nose!

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Hey all,

Just a quick note on season seat relocation for next year. They sent out notices to current season seat holders on the dates we each get to pick our seats in the new building.

Formula for determining each members priority was supposed to be determined by three things; How many seats you currently have, value of your current seat (price level), how long you have been a season seat holder. Oilers have never clarified what the actual formula is or how much weight each factor has in the formula. I've asked but they won't say the weightings.

Here's a story of two different season seat holders....

Group A - a group of guys sharing four seats. Season seat holders for 1 year going into year 2. Seats currently in third row of second deck (exec. terrace)

Group B - a family with three seats. Season seat holders since inaugeration. Started with two seats and went to three seats about 15 years ago. Seats currently (and always have been) in first row of second deck (exec. terrace)

Who should get priority to select first?

Group A selects Nov 23rd.
Group B selects Nov 25th.

What!!! Seat quality is exact same so that factor is mute and they obviously factored quantity of current seats in at a way higher percentage of the formula then years served as paying customers.

I'm part of group A so obviously this helps me, but even I'm thinking long term season seat holders got screwed over. I'm thinking were going to be seeing a LOT of angry long term season seat holders in the next couple days.

From what I understood talking to one of the reps, the heaviest weighted of the 3 factors is the amount of coin spent on season tickets, not over a number of years, but year to year. So people with 3 years spending big cash will likely get priority over say, someone with much lower outlay and 10 years experience.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Of course seat location is the most important weighting.

I don't have expensive seats and am selecting in December.

I don't begrudge someone who has lower bowl seats for less years picking before me.

They spent more money on the product.

If longevity were rewarded first and foremost, I think you'd see some people coming down out of the gallery just to scalp off their excess seats, and that's not fair either.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
As a non season ticket holder who rarely goes to games unless being gifted them, I just wanna say good luck to all the season ticket holders in getting good seats. Particularly the long time seat holders.

Fender

Jun 24, 2002
Season seat holder for 9 years. 2 tickets in the gallery for the first year then upgraded to the colonnade to aisle seats and been there ever since. December 7th for me.:(

But the email stated "Your current seats at Rexall Place will provide you the opportunity to select a maximum of 1 set of 2 adjacent seats on an aisle, again while they remain available."

So either I'll get no aisle seats equivalent to what I had or be priced out of the building by that point. I'm about to become a 2nd tier fan shortly I'm afraid.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Of course seat location is the most important weighting.

I don't have expensive seats and am selecting in December.

I don't begrudge someone who has lower bowl seats for less years picking before me.

They spent more money on the product.

If longevity were rewarded first and foremost, I think you'd see some people coming down out of the gallery just to scalp off their excess seats, and that's not fair either.

Not many I wouldn't think. People have the more expensive seats because they can afford them and I think that will translate to the new arena. Makes sense to me.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I upgraded my season seats to a La-Z-Boy sectional recliner a couple years ago.

Best wishes to all of you whose hard-earned cash funded this dog and pony show for the past 9 years. Hope the new arena and team make it worth every last penny.

Munster

Aug 31, 2014
St. Albert
Wow....What are the Oiler Management Doing....

First time poster

Unbelievable...Seating Selection Date December 15th

Season ticket holder since 1996 ( 19 years ) Two Seats, Colonnade seating Row 33

Suggest all season ticket holders post their seating information to better understand the ..... " Oiler Logarithm Formula "

1. Season Ticket Years

2. Number of seats

3. Seat location and 2015 season price section

4. Date of new seat selection date

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Had 6 years, just moved to row 7 (and gave up my aisle seats in the lower bowl which I've had this entire time to do so cause no one told me aisle would get priority :rant:) and pick Nov23.

mervincm

Sep 12, 2008
This is the first year I have two seasons seats, row 25/26 not even next to each other, took them anyway, reward is renewal day of Dec 2nd

mervincm

Sep 12, 2008
Also, what's with the aisle seats, I have had them before and don't see them as much better...

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Also, what's with the aisle seats, I have had them before and don't see them as much better...

I liked them because I could come and go as I please. The main thing for people is leg room and no one on one side. Also in the new arena you can get the extra wides, which are an inch wider than club seating.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
anyone got their package yet?
Canada post don't seem to knock on your door anymore and just put slips in my community mailbox...

They put two slips in my community mailbox for different packages THREE DAYS after I picked them up from the post office.

Mine came in too. Yours didn't come crested??

That would be sweet. I'm sure I can't get mine crested before opening night.

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Based on what people are listing it looks like they ranked first by current price point then within that group they did number of tickets followed by things like aisle and seniority.

December 16 11:00 - Gallery, Since 1999, Only a single seat (could not link it to my buddy's ticket before the draw, but can supposedly now do so - he got the same time).

Guessing I have about a 25% chance of coming out with a ticket, due to just about the entire season ticket base being able to funnel into the seats priced at a point I am willing to pay. But I bet I will have all types of opportunities to buy a ticket in the lower bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad