Post-Game Talk: Season is over

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
LOL? Well, I think the LOL might apply to anyone who thinks that Brock did a bad job in his first season because he certainly didn't. On the contrary, he has demonstrated some common sense when it comes to free agents etc. How could he possibly be worse than Chia who has demonstrated for a decade that he has no idea what he is doing?

People can whine all they want about Hervey but he is gone so get over it.

Bowman was done and wasn't going to get 250K the way he was playing. No GM in the league was going to keep him on at that price. Zylstra? Well what were they going to do, kidnap the guy and lock him in the showers so he wouldn't go to the NFL?

As for losing a ton of players same thing here in Cowtown. It's the CFL.
Your post reminds me why not to post in the Eskimos thread again. If I even cared to. The Hervey firing was an absolute joke and disgrace. lmao that letting every free agent go and not even attempting re-negotiation is common sense by Brick, or Brack, ur, Brock.

I'd only be back as an Esks fan if they cleaned house of the current missmanagement and coaching staff.

Enjoy missing the playoffs in a GC hosting year.

Enough about the Esks in this thread anyway.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Your post reminds me why not to post in the Eskimos thread again. If I even cared to. The Hervey firing was an absolute joke and disgrace. lmao that letting every free agent go and not even attempting re-negotiation is common sense by Brick, or Brack, ur, Brock.

I'd only be back as an Esks fan if they cleaned house of the current missmanagement and coaching staff.

Enjoy missing the playoffs in a GC hosting year.

Enough about the Esks in this thread anyway.

Thank you for that well thought out post. I really enjoyed it.

Hitman77

May 6, 2015
I agree with you that Benson is most likely an NHLer but I don't see him being a top 6 player. He'll probably be a useful bottom 6 guy which is fine but this team really needs to start hitting some homeruns in the draft. DeBrincat was a player with a very high ceiling who put up insane numbers in both of his junior years up to that point. Maybe he wasn't a surefire NHLer but there was a very good chance that he'd be a great player. I'd rather the team swing for the fences than take the safe pick every time hoping for some more mediocre third liners.
Debrincat should've been drafted over Benson. He was McDavid's triggerman in Erie and they would have had instant chemistry right from the start.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Just bring in someone that's familiar with the organization. Scott Howson will be our next GM...I actually wouldn't bet against it.
If Chiarelli is fired, the replacement will be somebody already working here. We have a very top heavy front office right now. Makes sense from an organization view to promote one of them and it’s also much easier than firing all of them which is something an outside hire at GM would likely want. The top four candidates are Wayne Gretzky, Keith Gretzky, Scott Howson and Craig Mactavish. Pick your poison.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
If Chiarelli is fired, the replacement will be somebody already working here. We have a very top heavy front office right now. Makes sense from an organization view to promote one of them and it’s also much easier than firing all of them which is something an outside hire at GM would likely want. The top four candidates are Wayne Gretzky, Keith Gretzky, Scott Howson and Craig Mactavish. Pick your poison.

There's no way an outside hire for GM would have the clout to fire any of those 4. Chia didn't and he's a pretty big name.

OBC for life!

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
There's no way an outside hire for GM would have the clout to fire any of those 4. Chia didn't and he's a pretty big name.

OBC for life!

Well he hired Keith Gretzky but he worked with him in Boston. Its seems like a OBC hire but I dont think it really is. Your point stands for other three though ...

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

OBC for life!
This is exactly why I’ve been saying all year long. The top names that are out there, that certain people think will want to come here because of McDavid, will not come because of what’s already here in the front office. Once Chiarelli was hired and stuck with the OBC, the myth was shattered that things were any different here. In the three years he’s been here, that club has only gotten bigger with the additions of Wayne Gretzky and Paul Coffey. Like I said, the next GM hiring comes from within. Pick you poison.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
May be the most depressing season of hockey I've been through.
I hope this isn't the real team but I have a hard time believing there's any sort of quality team here no including McDavid.
RNH and Draisitl are decent.

After that.. I don't have a lot of faith in any of the players on the team.
I think we'd be 10-15 points below Buffalo without McDavid. And there's no help on the way.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Hi Oiler Fans

I just want to thank you as a Canuck fan for your support of the Sedin's in their last game, in your house.
You showed nothing but class. I like talent and have marvelled over some of your players over your teams history.
To show you admiration for their talent, shows us Canuck fans, that a good rivalry is what hockey is all about!
These coming playoffs, I will be cheering for the Jets and Leafs......that is just the way it has to be!
So again, thank you from a 60 year hockey fan!

On a more reflective note. Our deepest heart felt condolences to the fans, parents and players of the Humboldt Bronco's.
"I" know that prairie folk are tight, and it has shaken you all, as it has us too!
God bless you all......It scares me to death, to think of all the thousands of miles I drove my son, as we went to his hockey games every winter for his 12 years of minor hockey.

Love................we will catch you next year!

Ragss

Jul 5, 2007
I had no idea that in the entire history of the NHL the Oilers have now set the record for the least PP opportunities in an 82 game season. The fastest most dangerous player in the league and the Oilers set an all-time NHL record for fewest penalties called for them.

After the playoffs last year, this is a clear sign of bias.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I had no idea that in the entire history of the NHL the Oilers have now set the record for the least PP opportunities in an 82 game season. The fastest most dangerous player in the league and the Oilers set an all-time NHL record for fewest penalties called for them.

One would hope that somebody in the Oilers organization is bringing this up with the league. Given how inept our PP was this year anyways, it probably wouldn't have mattered, but still...

Reactions: SomeDudeOTI

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016

Vince McBettman wrote this script last summer. Katz thought the team was actually good enough going forward so he neglected to drop off the briefcase full of cash and got punished for it.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Hi Oiler Fans

I just want to thank you as a Canuck fan for your support of the Sedin's in their last game, in your house.
You showed nothing but class. I like talent and have marvelled over some of your players over your teams history.
To show you admiration for their talent, shows us Canuck fans, that a good rivalry is what hockey is all about!
These coming playoffs, I will be cheering for the Jets and Leafs......that is just the way it has to be!
So again, thank you from a 60 year hockey fan!

On a more reflective note. Our deepest heart felt condolences to the fans, parents and players of the Humboldt Bronco's.
"I" know that prairie folk are tight, and it has shaken you all, as it has us too!
God bless you all......It scares me to death, to think of all the thousands of miles I drove my son, as we went to his hockey games every winter for his 12 years of minor hockey.

Love................we will catch you next year!

giphy.gif

Reactions: zcaptain

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad