Sean Monahan can rebound and put 60 points season with Habs?

Monahan can rebound a 60 points player with Habs?

• Yes

Votes: 20 8.6%
  • No

Votes: 212 91.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
He played so little without Gaudreau when at his best and rarely in good situations that you can’t really use WOWY to predict what he would have done. He wouldn’t have scored 60 as the best player on his line, but he was a top 6 player still for several years.
I agree he was a ~top 6 player in his peak, probably a low end one dimensional 2C if we're being honest. He was a very smart player and finished well around the net, but he was anywhere from poor to atrocious defensively. Probably a 20-25 goal 45-50 point player if slotted properly.

He played several stretches throughout his career without Gaudreau, even before this season. He always got caved in. It was so bad that they realized the couldn't separate them.
It’s not fair to use those stats as he played exclusively with Gaudreau after his rookie season and then was taken off his line as injuries took their toll.

You’ve been very vocal with your dislike of Monahan throughout the years and I hope he’s able to make you eat some crow this year.
I don't dislike Monahan, I just always found him incredibly overrated by fans like yourself. There was a while people were arguing that he was the best pick from the 2013 draft.

Threads like this Could Sean Monahan possibly be the best player from the 2013 draft?

And this one 2013 NHL Re-draft Top 10

The constant overrating of Monahan from 2015-2020 was absolutely nuts.

Walkingthroughforest

I got the worst ******* attorneys
Aug 19, 2007
I agree he was a ~top 6 player in his peak, probably a low end one dimensional 2C if we're being honest. He was a very smart player and finished well around the net, but he was anywhere from poor to atrocious defensively. Probably a 20-25 goal 45-50 point player if slotted properly.

He played several stretches throughout his career without Gaudreau, even before this season. He always got caved in. It was so bad that they realized the couldn't separate them.

I don't dislike Monahan, I just always found him incredibly overrated by fans like yourself. There was a while people were arguing that he was the best pick from the 2013 draft.

Threads like this Could Sean Monahan possibly be the best player from the 2013 draft?

And this one 2013 NHL Re-draft Top 10

The constant overrating of Monahan from 2015-2020 was absolutely nuts.
I’ve actually never been a big fan of Monahan, and have been quite critical of him over his career. But I think it’s ridiculous to think his stats were all Gaudreau. You don’t just score 82 points without being a very talented player.

If that was true, Hudler wouldn’t have had 35 points and Frolik 32 points in 64 games during 15-16 when Monahan had 63. Especially considering that Frolik was a 40+ point guy in Winnipeg and Hudler was a year removed from a near PPG season.

If that was true Ferland would have had way more than 44 points in 17-18 when Monahan had 64.

Im not saying Johnny wasn’t a big part of Sean’s big seasons, but to imply he’s a 30-40 point guy without Gaudreau is, frankly, stupid.

If he was able to stay healthy I have no doubt he would have been a consistent 50-70 point centre for his entire career.

Last edited:

Blacephalon

Oct 12, 2018
C'mon all. All he has to do to make this trade worthwhile for the Habs can be summed up as such :

- Not fart too much on the plane.
- Not hand out Nazi propaganda.
This is actually hilarious lol

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I’ve actually never been a big fan of Monahan, and have been quite critical of him over his career. But I think it’s ridiculous to think his stats were all Gaudreau. You don’t just score 82 points without being a very talented player.

If that was true, Hudler wouldn’t have had 35 points and Frolik 32 points in 64 games during 15-16 when Monahan had 63. Especially considering that Frolik was a 40+ point guy in Winnipeg and Hudler was a year removed from a near PPG season.

If that was true Ferland would have had way more than 44 points in 17-18 when Monahan had 64.

Im not saying Johnny wasn’t a big part of Sean’s big seasons, but to imply he’s a 30-40 point guy without Gaudreau is, frankly, stupid.

If he was able to stay healthy I have no doubt he would have been a consistent 50-70 point centre for his entire career.
Hudler only played 53 games with the flames that year and Frolik didn't play with Gaudreau.

In 17-18 Ferland didn't get to play on the PP. Monahan only had 5 more 5v5 points and the same number of primary 5v5 points..

And if you think I implied Monahan is a 30-40 point player, maybe try re-reading the post you just quoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad