Sean Monahan can rebound and put 60 points season with Habs?

Monahan can rebound a 60 points player with Habs?

• Yes

Votes: 20 8.6%
  • No

Votes: 212 91.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bond

May 10, 2012
I hope he does as I love him as a player but he looked absolutely cooked when he was playing for the Flames. He was already slow before the hip injuries and his shot was gone due to the wrist surgeries. Take his money and retire if he gets inured again.

Reactions: Pantokrator

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I am shocked that he's actually attempting to play next year. His body is done.

That and he was never a 60 pt player without Gaudreau.

Not while he was doing it, but he probably could have been a 60 point player in today’s scoring environment without Gaudreau though.

But yea, his body seems too done to expect top 6 production.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I don't agree. Monahan was super limited without Gaudreau, never as good as most folks thought.

Smart players who know where to be and can finish will usually put up points as long as they’re with other top 6 players. He just couldn’t drive play well.

Walkingthroughforest

I got the worst ******* attorneys
Aug 19, 2007
It's pretty clear who's trolling here. A healthy Monahan could put up 60 points with or without Gaudreau. He had 22 goals as an 18 year old when our leading scorer had 54 points. He's one of the smartest players I've watched and he can succeed playing with anyone.

I don't know what the prognosis is like for a surgery like the one he went through this year, but if he's healthy I think 40-60 points is a reasonable bounce back.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
C'mon dude, the poor guy's body is finished. Not a chance he puts up 60 points and I expect he'll be gone at the TDL to a team that needs depth on their third or fourth line.

Last edited:

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
30-40 points is a victory lap.

I'd be happy if he got 60, but I don't think so.

Both hips, both wrists, herniated discs, unsure of knees and shoulders... Dude probably has a body of a 37+ year old right now.

Oh i don't know that he have that type of injuries. That's suck for the player. I always liked him. But we never know in hockey... like you said... 30-40 points it's good too. If Monahan can be a good 3C, good leader for the young players, I want Habs to keep him for the rebuild mode. Monahan looks like a great leader.

Reactions: Fig

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
C'mon all. All he has to do to make this trade worthwhile for the Habs can be summed up as such :

- Not fart too much on the plane.
- Not hand out Nazi propaganda.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
You'll be lucky if he scores 30. Guy was never that good, but I imagine injuries will hold him back as well.

It's pretty clear who's trolling here. A healthy Monahan could put up 60 points with or without Gaudreau. He had 22 goals as an 18 year old when our leading scorer had 54 points. He's one of the smartest players I've watched and he can succeed playing with anyone.

I don't know what the prognosis is like for a surgery like the one he went through this year, but if he's healthy I think 40-60 points is a reasonable bounce back.
Him scoring 34 points as a rookie isn't as impressive as you think it is, especially considering he shot at nearly 17%

He never scored at better than a 3rd / 4th line rate without Gaudreau during the entirety of his career. He was never a 60 point player on his own lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad