Not open for further replies.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Not even mad, team can't create and that was a pretty sweet pass

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Kraken really want that no. 5

The first two goals he was screened. I'm glad you're still beating that drum of "goal scored, goalie bad". It's entertaining in a sad way.
Screened from 10 plus feet away

Im a DK fan but those were outside shots. I imagine he’d admit that .. he had some great saves tonight, left out to dry by the team

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1705026817261.gif

My game puck goes to Max Pacioretty for his first goal as a Capital. Honorable mentions to the TVR-Jensen pairing for I guess limiting the damage against.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Kuemper is one thing, but we just can’t score. All the pressure is on the goaltender for us to win 1-0 or 2-1.

We’re spending to the cap or close to it with Nicky on LTIR, and we still can’t have anyone produce consistently.

This team hinged on Ovi for so long. Now that he’s losing his touch, there’s no one coming to relieve him because of all the dead cap consumed by guys like Kuznetsov, Mantha or Oshie…

Reactions: BallardEra

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
This’ll be the fourth game I’ve attended this year and the Caps lost the first three by 3+ goals each, so fair warning - don’t expect anything from them tonight
Well, can’t say I didn’t warn y’all. I now move to 0-4-0 on the season with a -14 goal differential and I’ve yet to see a Caps lead. If anyone really wants the team to tank this year, feel free to send me tickets.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
They have the look of a 10-12th place team in the East. Too thin, too lacking in final form. Not enough of a grind mentality to expect a defensive approach to be viable. They're okay within their narrow path when it's going well but there's little ability to storm teams. Overall super generic.

Good to see Pacioretty get on the board. They should be able to flip him. (And hopefully get a head start on dumping some of the dead weight with a year remaining also.)

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Yeah it’s another tank season IMO. No scoring and we don’t have the goalie to carry us to low scoring wins. We should be able to trade patch and Mantha. Not sure if we could get rid of Oshie at this point.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Protas is starting to look like someone with a lower ceiling than I originally hoped.
NO.

He doesn’t! Why even say that? Stupid.

He is a beast of a person, who is learning how to use his vision, passing skills, and touch, to be extraordinary.

I think he’s the best young player we have. And I think other prospects are truly good.

Protas is a 40-50pt player, on his way to a point per game player.

However, YOU are captain negative. So it is what it is

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
The first two goals he was screened. I'm glad you're still beating that drum of "goal scored, goalie bad". It's entertaining in a sad way.
You play the percentages. Covering the angle on near-post lowers shooters chances of scoring and forces them to shoot far-post where you are anticipating(shooters take what the goalie gives them). Screened or not, if the goalie was beat near-post, then their angle was off. Kuemper has had issues with long to mid range shots and being off on his angles, at different times of the season so far. Why is Chucky Sideburns, who is a shorter/smaller goalie, playing the screens better? Bcuz of how well he reads the play. Yes, goalies can stop screened shots if they get good reads on how the play develops in front of them.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
NO.

He is a beast of a person, who is learning how to use his vision, passing skills, and touch, to be extraordinary.

I think he’s the best young player we have. And I think other prospects are truly good.

Pump the brakes there on Protas! He's showing good signs in his development process. He needs to learn to use his big frame to his advantage more and shoot the puck more. 40 - 50 pt guy max and not point per game player!

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Pump the brakes there on Protas! He's showing good signs in his development process. He needs to learn to use his big frame to his advantage more and shoot the puck more. 40 - 50 pt guy max and not point per game player!
I cannot agree. I’ve watched a lot of Caps over the 40+ yrs (I remember watching Bondra as a kid….he’d create great rushes and then fall down or flub the play), and Protas is legit.

He’s going to be better than anyone we have, save maybe Miro or Leonard. But that’s it. And even then, I’m not sure.

He’s huge, which means he’s gotta grow into all of this, moreso than most players. It seems it’s happening now.

Watch. Just watch.

PS — @SherVaughn30 — he’s an on pace 40pt player now. At just turned 23 (last week), and with a 6 and a half foot frame?? How big is that? It’s crazy.

I’m all in on Protas.

Last edited:

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
View attachment 801287

My game puck goes to Max Pacioretty for his first goal as a Capital. Honorable mentions to the TVR-Jensen pairing for I guess limiting the damage against.
Twabby, I can't believe I'm going to agree with you on this! He's been playing better than other forwards on the team that have had plenty of time to learn the system. The only difference is I see it from an eye-test perspective and not from this metrics mumbo jumbo that you go by.

I cannot agree. I’ve watched a lot of Caps over the 40+ yrs (I remember watching Bondra as a kid….he’d create great rushes and then fall down or flub the play), and Protas is legit.

He’s going to be better than anyone we have, save maybe Miro or Leonard. But that’s it. And even then, I’m not sure.

He’s huge, which means he’s gotta grow into all of this, moreso than most players. It seems it’s happening now.

Watch. Just watch.

PS — @SherVaughn30 — he’s an on pace 40pt player now. At just turned 23 (last week), and with a 6 and a half foot frame?? How big is that? It’s crazy.

I’m all in on Protas.
I am watching. You can't just anoint a young player to be a point per game player. He's showing good promise, but still has things to work on offensively.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Twabby, I can't believe I'm going to agree with you on this! He's been playing better than other forwards on the team that have had plenty of time to learn the system. The only difference is I see it from an eye-test perspective and not from this metrics mumbo jumbo that you go by.

I am watching. You can't just anoint a young player to be a point per game player. He's showing good promise, but still has things to work on offensively.
Well, I can actually do anything I want, right? As can you….respectfully.

I see what I see. He’s our best soon enough. Maybe even now. And he’s barely 23, which means someone his size has a year or so more before he becomes his best self.

If not longer.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
NO.

Wow, I hope so, but I don’t see that happening. Would be a hell of a development feat.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
A bit of an annoying game to watch. Early in the game seriously great offensive chances that didn't go in then the Kraken shots felt like the normal regular season puck luck that every team will experience. Granted there was some legit times in the game the Kraken dominated on some offensive stretches.

alphabetical

May 8, 2013
Kraken really want that no. 5

Screened from 10 plus feet away

Im a DK fan but those were outside shots. I imagine he’d admit that .. he had some great saves tonight, left out to dry by the team
The second goal he had a defender right in front of his face. I don't care where the shot's from, he's not seeing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad