GDT: Sea Monsters @ Milano Chia Heads - Jan 11, 2024 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphabetical

May 8, 2013
So double screen 1st goal and I also thing a deflection is on Darcy?

Pretty sure the 2nd one the defenceman is laying right in the shot lane masking the release point. Also on Darcy? How many goalies has ovie made look foolish firing through the defender?

I'm not buying either on him 100%. Also it would be one thing if we were losing games 5-4 and needing the goalie to steal a save.
Having a Defender in your face when the shot is released is a problem. I don't blame either of those on kuemper. Through no fault of his own, kuemper couldn't see either of those shots.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
My friend was telling me about an underrated turnover by Joel Edmundson on the second goal against. He said the Caps had numbers and then Edmundson decided to turn it over by passing the puck into the boards, leading to numbers the other way.

What a silly trade.

They traded a positive asset for this guy:

1705021421585.png

What's going on with this team!

Reactions: WanderingCapsFan

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Having a Defender in your face when the shot is released is a problem. I don't blame either of those on kuemper. Through no fault of his own, kuemper couldn't see either of those shots.
1st goal is a bad goal. Why, because he allowed a shot from mid range to beat him short-side! 2nd goal was a mid range shot as well. Frankly, all 3 goals on Kuemper were stoppable. 3rd one he gave a rebound right in front of him.

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
1st goal is a bad goal. Why, because he allowed a shot from mid range to beat him short-side! 2nd goal was a mid range shot as well. Frankly, all 3 goals on Kuemper were stoppable. 3rd one he gave a rebound right in front of him.
Got it expectation is 82 shutouts from our goalies.

1st goal he was screened by fever and and attacking player. Also I'm pretty sure it was deflected.

2nd goal was shot through a defender that for whatever reason decided to be crawling on the ice.

3rd goal he makes the point-blank save and the rebound is put in. How about the blame go to the guy in front not tying up his man or ovie for not collapsing harder on the guy going after the rebound?

Goaltending is far from this teams issue.

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
My friend was telling me about an underrated turnover by Joel Edmundson on the second goal against. He said the Caps had numbers and then Edmundson decided to turn it over by passing the puck into the boards, leading to numbers the other way.

What a silly trade.

They traded a positive asset for this guy:

View attachment 801153

What's going on with this team!
Yeah, an Edmundson (unforced) turnover sprang that breakaway. Bear looked like he was in perfect position to block the shot but I guess it found a gap. From where I’m sitting I was basically looking over Kuemper’s shoulder on that shot and Bear managed to perfectly obscure the release without blocking the shot. I don’t put that one on Kuemper.

Reactions: Cappy76

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
3 days off, slow Oshie back in the lineup(the guy has nothing left and should retire) and bad goaltending from Kuemper is why they will lose this game tonight once it finishes.

This goal scoring thing is so bad, the guy who has played something like 5 games in the last 2 years just scored and our oldest player on the team of age 38 is first in point production! There is enough talent on this team for others to score regularly. I mean the 4th line is putting up better scoring production than the other 3 lines combined! Something aint right and there need to be changes. Forget waiting till the offseason to buyout Kuzy. Just trade him for beans now, while you might be able to get something in return, even if marginal. Ted needs to be a man and retain 50% of Kuzy's remaining salary cap hit.

alphabetical

May 8, 2013
The first two goals he was screened. I'm glad you're still beating that drum of "goal scored, goalie bad". It's entertaining in a sad way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad