Seravalli: [SEA] Jamie Oleksiak signs with the Kraken (5 years)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
As long as there is no retention or cap circumvention involved. Right?

Yup. No retention allowed.

Although that's not a expansion draft rule. That's a standard CBA rule--teams can't reacquire a player with Salary Retention if the Player was on their Reserve List in the prior calendar year.

Seattle could trade a player they select with Retention to any other eligible team.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Except he beats the shit outta almost everyone in fights

At his size though you gotta be careful hitting people, refs will call a penalty on anything too big
Yea but this has been a big knock on him even with his first time around with Dallas. When he drops the gloves its different but players don't seem to fear him like they should along the boards and in the slot.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yea but this has been a big knock on him even with his first time around with Dallas. When he drops the gloves its different but players don't seem to fear him like they should along the boards and in the slot.

It's just not really his game. He finally became a good player once he was regularly allowed to do what he's allways been good at. Carry the puck around with his big frame and good skating ability . His passing isn't great and especially his soft clear attempts of the board can be infuriating as hell ( at least Esa only generates icings when he f***s up ) .

Dude has allways been a big puck carrier who can skate really well for his size with some decent offensive instincts ( albeit not a good passer ) with some questionable decision making from time to time.

If Seattle doesn't expect him to play the point on the powerplay or to be a playmaker at all ( he's a better finisher than passer ) he'll do fine.

He's just not really a defensive defenseman . He can be ok at that but he's allways had some brainfarts in his game there.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
He's been penalized for hits that are just him being taller, I think that plays a big part in it.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
upload_2021-7-21_15-39-10.gif

Uggh! Really wanted my team to sign him. But why hasn’t there been confirmation on his signing yet like with Larsson?

Last edited:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Beats me.

Guess we'll find out tonight, if Seattle ends up drafting a different player off Dallas. :laugh:

They could just as easily do that, and then circle back and sign Oleksiak next week when he hits the market.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Beats me.

Guess we'll find out tonight, if Seattle ends up drafting a different player off Dallas. :laugh:

They could just as easily do that, and then circle back and sign Oleksiak next week when he hits the market.
They had to make there selection this morning . I don’t think there would be reports of oleksiak closing in on a deal if they hadn’t selected him .

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Damn. That's cheap as hell for the whole contract

Or is it 4.6 per year, because that is insane for Oleksiak?
His biggest problem has been Health. But last year he played very good defense and 20min a game. That’s a really good #4 physical defenseman. Just has to stay on the ice. 4 years would have been more ideal but the AAV isn’t bad at all.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I like Oleksiak a lot, don't think he's reached his most effective days as a player yet either. Nice signing for Seattle.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
4.6 for Oleksiak??? Guy plays one year as a #4 defenseman, at age 28 and gets a 4.6m AAV with term?? What?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
His biggest problem has been Health. But last year he played very good defense and 20min a game. That’s a really good #4 physical defenseman. Just has to stay on the ice. 4 years would have been more ideal but the AAV isn’t bad at all.

Uh. Nah dog.

That is the worst contract I've seen in a long ass time. Like absolutely dog shit.

And I loved Oleksiak on the Pens.

Reactions: Johnathon Tanner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad