John Swanson-Garrett Raboin
Aaron Brocklehurst-Brett Barta

Jase Weslosky
Dan Dunn
Nate Dey matches last nites point total and I will be pleased.:D

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
4-4 Tie. SCSU has GOT to improve on turnovers and passing or it could get ugly in some games, it hurt them last night, hurt them again tonight.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
AJ Gale has left SCSU to go back to Nanaimo of the BCHL.
Gale had 1 assist in 20 games as a Husky over 2 years.
He'd only played in 2 games this year

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Nodl-Roe-Hartman
Lasch-Dey-Mosey
Oslund-Olson-Marvin
Peckskamp-Borgen-Volpei

Carlisle-Stephenson
Swanson-Raboin
Brocklehurst-Anderson

Weslosky
Dunn

Last edited:

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
SCSU beats Tech 5-2

Box score from the Times

St. Cloud State 1 3 1 -- 5

Michigan Tech 0 1 1 -- 2

First period scoring:

1. SCSU -- Ryan Lasch 6 (Garrett Roe, Garrett Raboin) 14:20 (pp). Roe fired a slap shot from the right circle past Lasch, who was standing in front of goalie Rob Nolan. Lasch poked the puck under Nolan, who lost sight of the rebound just behind him.
Penalties: MTU -- Jimmy Kerr (elbowing) 6:13; MTU -- Malcolm Gwilliam (hooking) 12:53; SCSU -- David Carlisle (holding) 15:16; SCSU -- Raboin (elbowing) 17:28; MTU -- Geoff Kinrade (holding) 19:05.

Second period scoring:

2. SCSU -- Andreas Nodl 4 (Roe, Aaron Brocklehurst) 1:02 (pp). Roe passed from the right circle to Nodl, along the goal line to the right of the net. He roofed a wrist shot, catching Nolan going down slightly and putting the puck over his left shoulder.
3. SCSU -- Lasch 7 (Nodl, Roe) 6:53 (pp). Nodl passed from the right of the net, across the front of the crease to Lasch, who half-fanned on his one-time attempt but got enough on the shot for it to slid behind Nolan.
4. MTU -- Peter Rouleau 2 (Kinrade, Gwilliam) 9:59 (pp). Skating 5-on-3, Kinrade passed from the left circle to Rouleau at the right edge of the crease. Rouleau whipped a shot into the upper right corner as goalie Jase Weslosky went down.
5. SCSU -- Michael Olson 2 (Aaron Marvin) 12:37. Marvin skated into the MTU zone and fired a shot from the top of the left circle. The shot was deflected and banked off the skate of a defender into the crease where Olson tapped it in at the right post.
Penalties: MTU -- Jordan Foote (high-sticking) 6:16; SCSU -- Nick Oslund (interference) 7:58; SCSU -- Marvin (high-sticking, contact to the head) 8:58; SCSU -- Tony Mosey (roughing) 15:00; MTU -- Kerr (roughing) 15:00.

Third period scoring:

6. MTU -- Rouleau 3 (Jordan Baker, Tyler Shelast) 7:36. Weslosky made a couple of pad stops on shots from the slot by Kinrade. In the ensuing scramble, Rouleau got the puck at the right edge of the crease and swept in a shot.
7. SCSU -- Brian Volpei 1 (Brent Borgen, Ryan Peckskamp) 14:57. Borgen feathered a shot around the defenseman on a 2-on-1, feeding Volpei, who tapped the puck inside the right post just before the net was dislodged.
Penalties: SCSU -- Mosey (tripping) 16:28; MTU -- Foote (charging, and unsportsmanlike conduct) 18:57.

Shots: SCSU -- 12-8-7--27; MTU -- 4-7-12--23; Goalies: SCSU -- Jase Weslosky (21 saves); MTU -- Rob Nolan (22 saves); Power-play goals, opportunities: SCSU -- 3 for 5; MTU -- 1 for 5; Penalties: SCSU -- 6 for 12 minutes; MTU -- 7 for 14; Referees: Bill Mason and Brad Albers; Assistant referees: Damon Beiring and Ed Moberg; Attendance: 2,890.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Huskies complete the sweep over Tech 4-1.
Lasch and Roe are now tied atop the NCAA scoring charts with 17 points each.

St. Cloud State 2 1 1 -- 4

Michigan Tech 0 1 0 -- 1

First period scoring:

1. SCSU -- Matt Stephenson 1 (Ryan Lasch, Ryan Peckskamp) 11:38. Lasch passed from the left circle back to Stephenson at the right point. His wrist shot sailed low, through traffic, and into the lower left corner on goalie Rob Nolan.
2. SCSU -- Garrett Roe 7 (Andreas Nodl, Stephenson) 19:48. Stephenson fired a long pass from his own right circle through the neutral zone, where it was deflected to Roe at the far blue line. Roe, who fell on his face trying to reach the pass, batted the puck to Nodl, who gave it back after Roe got to his feet. Roe then fired a shot from the high slot, using a defenseman as a screen and the puck went five-hole on Nolan.
Penalties: MTU -- John Kivisto (interference) 6:45.

Second period scoring:

3. MTU -- Jordan Baker 2 (John Schwarz, Alex Lord) 10:19. Schwarz shot from the right point and Baker flipped a rebound from the right of the crease over goalie Jase Weslosky and into the upper left corner of the net.
4. SCSU -- Nick Oslund 1 (Garrett Raboin) 10:49. Raboin faked a shot from the right point and slapped a pass toward the slot. Oslund redirected the puck inside the left post.
Penalties: MTU -- Mike VanWagner (high-sticking) 3:01; SCSU -- Brent Borgen (goalie interference) 7:17; MTU -- Baker (checking from behind) 18:04.

Third period scoring:

5. SCSU -- Lasch 8 (Borgen) 18:46 (en). Borgen broke up MTU's attempt to clear the zone in front of an empty net. Lasch got the puck at his offensive blue line and sailed in a shot from 50 feet.
Penalties: None.

Shots: SCSU -- 6-8-3--17; MTU -- 6-10-9--25; Goalies: SCSU -- Jase Weslosky (24 saves); MTU -- Rob Nolan (out at 17:22 of 3rd, in at 18:46 of 3rd, out at 19:05 of 3rd, 13 saves); Power-play goals, opportunities: SCSU -- 0 for 3; MTU -- 0 for 1; Penalties: SCSU -- 1 for 2 minutes; MTU -- 3 for 6; MTU timeout: 17:22 of 3rd; Referees: Bill Mason and Brad Albers; Assistant referees: Damon Beiring and Ed Moberg; Attendance: 2,775.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
I hate bye weeks.
That said the next 10 games should show what kind of team SCSU is.
First up is a series at the best team in the ECAC (Clarkson)
Then a series at a place we haven't won at since 2001 against the only team in the WCHA Motzko hasn't beaten (UW)
Then 2 home series with the current top 2 in the WCHA (DU CC)
Then a Christmas tourney with game one against the current #1 team in the nation (Miami)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rabid Husky, I've seen the link earlier in the thread, but where can I get myself a Nodl jersey?

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Rabid Husky, I've seen the link earlier in the thread, but where can I get myself a Nodl jersey?

You can't actually buy a "Nodl" Jersey, its against the rules to sell a personalized NCAA Jersey. But if you go, here you can get a replica jersey then you just have to get it personalized.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Huskies take game 1 from Clarkson 4-1, goals by Lasch (2, 1PP) Roe and Hartman (EN)
Clarkson's first loss at home in a year (21 games)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You can't actually buy a "Nodl" Jersey, its against the rules to sell a personalized NCAA Jersey. But if you go, here you can get a replica jersey then you just have to get it personalized.

Yeah, that's how I get all of my jerseys, just personalize it with a player's name, unless I buy them at Flyers games. Do I have to go somewhere separate to get it personalized though?

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Yeah, that's how I get all of my jerseys, just personalize it with a player's name, unless I buy them at Flyers games. Do I have to go somewhere separate to get it personalized though?

Yes, because of the rule I told you, they can't personalize jerseys with players names, its against rules.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yes, because of the rule I told you, they can't personalize jerseys with players names, its against rules.

Do they personalize your name?

What if I told them I just happened to have the same last name? :sarcasm:

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Do they personalize your name?

What if I told them I just happened to have the same last name? :sarcasm:

I actually don't think the bookstore does personalizing at all.
Only place I know of in Cloud that does it well is Centennial Sports.

Clarkson gets a 3-2 win tonight. Good effort by both teams Clarkson got the one they needed in the third.
Snaps a 7 game unbeaten streak for SCSU and a 6 game streak of scoring 4 or more.
Roe and Lasch continue their scoring streaks now at 9 and 8 games respectively.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Swanson named Defensive Player of the Week.

Man I hope this team can snap that winless streak vs Wisconsin.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Bad luck in Wisconsin again as two fluky goals in the third doom the Huskies after a 2-0 lead to lose 3-2.
They didn't play bad at all but more effort needs to be there tonight.
Lasch and Roe continued their point streaks on Roe's PP goal in the first period.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Another 3rd period blown lead and we get swept, 4-3 tonight.
Again Lasch and Roe continue their streaks, they are just fun to watch.
The effort needs to pick up, when they play hard they can play with anyone.
New Motto, 60 minutes.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Another 3rd period blown lead and we get swept, 4-3 tonight.
Again Lasch and Roe continue their streaks, they are just fun to watch.
The effort needs to pick up, when they play hard they can play with anyone.
New Motto, 60 minutes.

This is my first trip to the Huskies board: I'll start off by saying the team is very impressive this year. I didn't hink they would compete on this level given the losses they had after last season. There are some good young guns on the team and the future looks bright.

As for this weekend's series, I have no explanation for the hex the Badgers have on SC. I thought Saturdays win was a well deserved comeback, I thought Fridays win was due to the curse of Bucky. I'm happy the Badgers got the points but I can't say they were totally deserved.

I like the "60 minutes" motto; WI would do well if they had "30 minutes" as a motto. It's great to have a team that is a proven 3rd period performer, but there has to be some effort in the 1st 2 periods.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Yet another 1 goal loss, 3-2, that's 4 straight now.
Roe keeps his point streak alive with a goal, Lasch's ends

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Yet another 1 goal loss, 3-2, that's 4 straight now.
Roe keeps his point streak alive with a goal, Lasch's ends

I saw this game before I flipped over to catch the wild third period of the UND-MN game.

Some observations of THIS game...

I really, really like Garrett Roe. What impressed me most about him was his stickwork. It's awesome and nowhere did he demonstrate that better than on that goal he scored in the third, which was just a thing of beauty. I've seen a number of games already across the entirety of D-I and I have to tell you that Roe's goal was one of, if not the prettiest goal that I've seen so far. Mannino had absolutely no chance on that one and his positioning on that play was pretty darn good too.

I like the Huskies line combination of Nodl-Roe-Hartman. It's a nice mix of skills that seem to compliment one another. I thought all three played really well,. but someone needs to tell Nodl that scoring a goal doesn't have to be a work of art, it just has to end up in the net. When he just shoots the biscuit, he's fine.....like on the goal he scored, but there were at least three or four different times that I counted where he tried to be too cute. Just shoot the darn thing!

SCSU has to figure out a way to beat DU's great PK. That's been one of the Pioneers strengths this season.

Although the third period was very entertaining, it was also filled with some really bad/lazy play by both teams. DU managed to start getting their act together in the latter stages of the regulation, but if SCSU could've really broke this thing open, DU might have ended up with the loss.

Another area where the Huskies really need to pick it more is in playing the body. That's where I thought DU had the upper hand throughout most of this game. Roe was one of the few SCSU players that was consistently throwing the body. He tried to lay a hit on Rakhshani at one point and ended up getting put on his keester, but looked no worse for wear. Just got up and got back into play without really missing a beat.

Overall it was an entertaining game that could've gone either way and I'm looking forward to seeing the rematch tomorrow night.

...did I mention that I really, really like Garrett Roe? :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad