SCSU Huskies

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Season gets underway for real on friday with the home opener against Denver.
Expectations are mixed for SCSU, some people have them fiishing no higher than 6th or 7th, some believe this team has the tools to contend for a few titles.

In any case One player is definitly ready to go

Schedule is as follows

Oct. 13-14 vs. Denver 7:07 p.m.

Oct. 20 at MSU-Mankato 7:37 p.m.

Oct. 21 vs. MSU-Mankato 7:07 p.m.

Nov. 3-4 at North Dakota 7:37/7:07 p.m.

Nov. 10 at Minnesota 7:07 p.m.

Nov. 11 vs. Minnesota 7:07 p.m.

Nov. 17-18 vs. Clarkson 7:07 p.m.

Nov. 24-25 at Minn.-Duluth 7:07 p.m.

Dec. 1-2 at Michigan Tech 6:07 p.m.

Dec. 8-9 vs. Colgate 7:07 p.m.

Dec. 29 vs. RPI* 3 p.m.

Dec. 30 vs. Union/Vermont* 3/6 p.m.

Jan. 5-6 vs. AK Anchorage 7:07 p.m.

Jan. 12 vs. MSU-Mankato 7:07 p.m.

Jan. 13 at MSU-Mankato 7:07 p.m.

Jan. 19-20 vs. Minn.-Duluth 7:07 p.m.

Jan. 26-27 at Denver 8:37/8:07 p.m.

Feb. 9-10 vs. Colorado Coll. 7:07 p.m.

Feb. 16-17 at Wisconsin 7:07 p.m.

Feb. 23 vs. Minnesota 7:07 p.m.

Feb. 24 at Minnesota 7:07 p.m.

March 2-3 vs. North Dakota 7:07 p.m.

March 9-11 WCHA 1st round

March 15-17 WCHA Final Five

March 23-25 NCAA regionals

April 5, 7 Frozen Four

The schedule is front and back loaded, while the middle section is relatively easy. If the Huskies end up on a run in those 16 games, the last 10 might not seem so formidable.

ITS TIME TO DROP THE PUCK! GO HUSKIES!

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Season gets underway for real on friday with the home opener against Denver.
Expectations are mixed for SCSU, some people have them fiishing no higher than 6th or 7th, some believe this team has the tools to contend for a few titles.

In any case One player is definitly ready to go

Schedule is as follows

Oct. 13-14 vs. Denver 7:07 p.m.

Oct. 20 at MSU-Mankato 7:37 p.m.

Oct. 21 vs. MSU-Mankato 7:07 p.m.

Nov. 3-4 at North Dakota 7:37/7:07 p.m.

Nov. 10 at Minnesota 7:07 p.m.

Nov. 11 vs. Minnesota 7:07 p.m.

Nov. 17-18 vs. Clarkson 7:07 p.m.

Nov. 24-25 at Minn.-Duluth 7:07 p.m.

Dec. 1-2 at Michigan Tech 6:07 p.m.

Dec. 8-9 vs. Colgate 7:07 p.m.

Dec. 29 vs. RPI* 3 p.m.

Dec. 30 vs. Union/Vermont* 3/6 p.m.

Jan. 5-6 vs. AK Anchorage 7:07 p.m.

Jan. 12 vs. MSU-Mankato 7:07 p.m.

Jan. 13 at MSU-Mankato 7:07 p.m.

Jan. 19-20 vs. Minn.-Duluth 7:07 p.m.

Jan. 26-27 at Denver 8:37/8:07 p.m.

Feb. 9-10 vs. Colorado Coll. 7:07 p.m.

Feb. 16-17 at Wisconsin 7:07 p.m.

Feb. 23 vs. Minnesota 7:07 p.m.

Feb. 24 at Minnesota 7:07 p.m.

March 2-3 vs. North Dakota 7:07 p.m.

March 9-11 WCHA 1st round

March 15-17 WCHA Final Five

March 23-25 NCAA regionals

April 5, 7 Frozen Four

The schedule is front and back loaded, while the middle section is relatively easy. If the Huskies end up on a run in those 16 games, the last 10 might not seem so formidable.

ITS TIME TO DROP THE PUCK! GO HUSKIES!

While I like the Huskies chances of possibly finishing in the top five in the WCHA, I also feel that they have alot of offense to make up. Gordon isn't going to carry the team all by himself. Nodl, I understand is pretty darn good but again, the Huskies will need other guys as well picking up the slack that Jensen, Hooton, Hengen, etc. leave.

That, along with another big year out of Bobby, could get SCSU a top-five finish.

Just my two cents.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
While I like the Huskies chances of possibly finishing in the top five in the WCHA, I also feel that they have alot of offense to make up. Gordon isn't going to carry the team all by himself. Nodl, I understand is pretty darn good but again, the Huskies will need other guys as well picking up the slack that Jensen, Hooton, Hengen, etc. leave.

That, along with another big year out of Bobby, could get SCSU a top-five finish.

Just my two cents.

That of course is the question. And the argument could be made that while Jensen Hooton, Reeder, and Hengen were a big part of the offense last year, only Jensen did anything for his whole career, the other three, and especially Reeder and Hooton were 1 year wonders, so the losses are "minor" The Huskies need the upperclassman to step up, but they have a large crop of them who can do so.
Gordon isn't expected to carry the offense, but he will be the key cog.
This team will still be built on Goaltending and defense, which returns mostly intact.

Article on the weekend

20th anniversary All-Time Team

Meet the 06-07 team

Last edited:

5mn Major

Jan 14, 2006
SCSU should sneak into the top half of the WCHA. Although a primary rival Gophers typically have pretty good luck against them, St Cloud should be the quintissential team that nobody wants to play.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
SCSU should sneak into the top half of the WCHA. Although a primary rival Gophers typically have pretty good luck against them, St Cloud should be the quintissential team that nobody wants to play.

That luck didn't seem to work so well last year ;) :D

5mn Major

Jan 14, 2006
That luck didn't seem to work so well last year ;) :D

Hellava game. Unless I"m missing something, it was SCSU's greatest game ever. The Gophers were the top team in the country and played a great game. St Cloud was better. That said, MN usually seems to have SCSU's number. Just like UMD seems to have MN's number.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Hellava game. Unless I"m missing something, it was SCSU's greatest game ever. The Gophers were the top team in the country and played a great game. St Cloud was better. That said, MN usually seems to have SCSU's number. Just like UMD seems to have MN's number.

Well before last season, from about 03-05 the talent gap was HUGE between the two teams and it showed as MN was unbeaten in 10 straight at one point. But from 98-02 the Huskies were 9-8-3 against MN.
Time will tell now that SCSU actually has a coach and not an idiot behind the bench as to how this series will shake out.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Huskies lose 4-3 in OT last night. They were down 3-0 before they decided to play. Defense, including Goepfert, were horrible last night. SCSU outshoots DU 50-23. Gordon, Swanson, Nodl with the goals. Offense was great, defense, not so much. Almost every goal against Goepfert he should have stopped. So much for being ready.
He'd better snap out of it tonight.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Much better effort. Huskies took an early 1-0 lead (Gordon) before giving up 2 even strength goals on odd-man rushes as DU took a 2-1 lead after 1. Motzko must have said something as the Huskies exploded in the 2nd with 3 goals by Lasch (1st career) Nodl and Swanson before icing it in the third with Raduns first of the season.
Goepfert was MUCH better tonight stopping 31 of 33 shots.
SCSU plays Kato next weekend and don't be surprised to see Weslosky start the Staurday home game.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Andreas Nodl was named WCHA rookie of the week. He had 2G and 2A against DU
Not bad for your first full week of college hockey

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Couple results like this with that of Gagner and the USHL continues to flex its muscles.

Yes it does. I saw footage of a Gagner goal on youtube, and it was end to end toasting with his teammates basically standing around. Yes he made a good move, but that stuff in the USHL or College hockey simply does not work.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
So it was splitsville again this weekend with Kato. Husies simply didn't look good on Saturday and Goepfert has not played well at all to start the season. The defense has been off, its not terrible, but its also worse than we saw last year for some reason.
They need to figure this out quick as a rough stretch of the schedule hits in two weeks.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
I think that Nodl will have a break out season with the Huskies.
Maybe he will be ready for the NHL in 1 or 2 years.
Your thoughts?

That's highly likely, he's got the shot for it already, he just needs the experience of playing that type of hockey and the mental toughness to excel there...I think he's be a Husky 2 years at the most

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Could be Goepfert's woes are all in his head

The good news for Bobby Goepfert: He got his new goalie pads.
Goepfert, who was 1-2-0 with an .881 save percentage and a 3.33 goals-against average wearing his "old-school" brown pads, took the ice for SCSU hockey practice this week with a new pair of leg pads, blocker and catching glove. The predominent color is black, with some white and red mixed in.

"They feel bigger," said Goepfert, who didn't like the previous set because "They make me look like I play for Denver."

Whatever the case, he stopped everything in sight during his first workout against his teammates. The Huskies would love to see a similar performance next week at North Dakota.

Bobby's pads weren't the only tweak during an off-week of practice. Senior Grant Clafton (1 assist in 4 games as a forward) moved back to defense.

And The Great Experiment may not be dead yet. It might even be growing. Junior defenseman Aaron Brocklehurst, who was briefly cast as a winger in the preseason, skated as a forward. So did freshman defenseman Jon Ammerman, who has had his troubles defensively. Ammerman played part of last season as a forward in the USHL.

Next week will tell if the adjustments were just to shake things up during a down period or whether the changes will actually go into effect for a game."

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Weslosky will get his second career start tonight, and the 3 consecutive ties are a Husky first at the D-1 level (and possibly ever)

mnhowitzer

Jul 7, 2006
Lasch is another great young player for SCSU. He's a gritty little buggar...him and Barriball are very similar players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad