GDT: [SCP R1 GM2] Dallas Stars vs. Minnesota Wild - 8:30 PM CT (BSSW)

mc3488

Jul 2, 2013
Houston, Tx
Would’ve loved to see a scrap or two at the end, but awesome game by our boys. let’s win the next three and send these bums back up north

Reactions: Elysian

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
4118AAF2-A171-43A5-BABB-B72D33BE39E8.jpeg

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Domi hasn't gotten on the scoresheet much but my god he does a lot of positive things.

Love that guy.
Wonder what they’ll do with Daddy/Domi come the offseason. Ideally signing at least one of the two would be nice. Would love both but I just don’t see where they’ll fit with Bourque/Stank probably getting the call.

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
I made the mistake of watching a little bit of the Wild Bally Sports feed post game. Boy are they delusional.

They absolutely believe they are by far the better team and that we are lucky and got a lot of help from officials :D

• Haha
Reactions: Kipper 17

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I made the mistake of watching a little bit of the Wild Bally Sports feed post game. Boy are they delusional.

They absolutely believe they are by far the better team and that we are lucky and got a lot of help from officials :D
Yeah, they're the home team crew. It's the same that happens on bssw

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Wonder what they’ll do with Daddy/Domi come the offseason. Ideally signing at least one of the two would be nice. Would love both but I just don’t see where they’ll fit with Bourque/Stank probably getting the call.

I have a weird feeling both walk and we sign Patrick Kane. He and Stankoven take the two vacant top 9 spots.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
At the very least I suspect Nill will be heavily interested. I don't think NYR can re-sign him. Not sure if he'll have a better opportunity to compete.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Idk i think Kane at this point seems pretty picky where he wants to play and since he already won Cups and trophies not sure how important more of that really is to him compared to a place where he wants to go. Dallas was interested in trading for him but he was only interested in going to the Rangers. Just doesn't seem like he wants to play in Dallas

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I still think the defense needs more updating than retaining Domi and Daddy. Bourque and Stankoven aren't an improvement at least at first but both have upside and are cheap. Maybe one of the two stays but we're not giving Dadinov another 6.5m contract and Domi is playing for his big ticket contract too. We don't have to cap space to pay them premium money.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Wow, that was fun to watch. Thought they played really well offensively, can't believe the big brain play to start a cooked Fleury over the guy who just stole game 1 for you.

The score is so weird because the Stars really seemed to dominate possession and most of the chances, but I think Oettinger and the team defense were both really sloppy at times. I don't think any of the goals were really on Oettinger, but there were definitely a lot of big rebounds. Obviously Dallas just had a lot of brain fart giveaways that lead to chances as well.

Still, overall kind of hard to complain when you dominate that much and score 7 goals to boot. Hintz had a legendary night, I don't know how often anyone looks back fondly on game 2 of a 1st round series, but that performance should be. Scoring shorthanded after how gutting that OT loss was for the Stars is exactly the kind of thing that can turn a series around, or at least give the guys a morale boost for the game, putting in 2 more on top of it is a great bonus.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the refs were an absolute disaster. Handing out all those misconducts was just a sign of how much they'd lost the game. I don't know if there's something disproving this, but the offside on Boldy when the Wild were down by 1 goal would make me lose my mind if I'm a wild player or fan, it wasn't even remotely offside from the broadcast I was watching. Then to follow that up by letting go a super blatant penalty on the Wild (probably as a stupid way to 'even up') reminds me of why this league is such a joke. There were a ton more examples, but holy f***, get it together refs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kipper 17 and LT

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Wow, that was fun to watch. Thought they played really well offensively, can't believe the big brain play to start a cooked Fleury over the guy who just stole game 1 for you.

The score is so weird because the Stars really seemed to dominate possession and most of the chances, but I think Oettinger and the team defense were both really sloppy at times. I don't think any of the goals were really on Oettinger, but there were definitely a lot of big rebounds. Obviously Dallas just had a lot of brain fart giveaways that lead to chances as well.

Still, overall kind of hard to complain when you dominate that much and score 7 goals to boot. Hintz had a legendary night, I don't know how often anyone looks back fondly on game 2 of a 1st round series, but that performance should be. Scoring shorthanded after how gutting that OT loss was for the Stars is exactly the kind of thing that can turn a series around, or at least give the guys a morale boost for the game, putting in 2 more on top of it is a great bonus.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the refs were an absolute disaster. Handing out all those misconducts was just a sign of how much they'd lost the game. I don't know if there's something disproving this, but the offside on Boldy when the Wild were down by 1 goal would make me lose my mind if I'm a wild player or fan, it wasn't even remotely offside from the broadcast I was watching. Then to follow that up by letting go a super blatant penalty on the Wild (probably as a stupid way to 'even up') reminds me of why this league is such a joke. There were a ton more examples, but holy f***, get it together refs.
I agree that they were bad again but I thought the misconducts were the right decision. They lost control of the game but better to admit it and throw out all of the Wild goons in the last 5 minutes than just let the shenanigans continue.

Puck Luck 73

Dec 17, 2021

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino