OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: New Quarter Backs for the Handball team!

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
And this kid played the last two years injury free and at an extremely high level with that deficit.

Is he risk free? Obviously not.
But was he worth the gamble where he was drafted? Without a doubt.

Good chance the Steelers get a first round talent in the third.

I get the concerns, but again having multiple picks in round 3 let them take a swing for the fence.

If it works out great, if not I’m not going to get too worked up about it.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Yeah i heard some one compare it to Miles Jack he got 6 years after the injury in college most these guys don’t see 2nd contracts since the league is not for long anyway. Art wants to win now so it was a great opportunity for now

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Fields and Wilson must be so happy right now. Harris too.

All are playing for raises and contracts.

Today made those goals much easier.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I think the Eagles had another crazy good draft. They drafted two stud DBs in DeJean and Mitchell. Getting Trotter at 155 was great value.

Cinci loaded up on the DL, so these battles between the two teams should be fun.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
I think the Eagles had another crazy good draft. They drafted two stud DBs in DeJean and Mitchell. Getting Trotter at 155 was great value.

Cinci loaded up on the DL, so these battles between the two teams should be fun.

Not big on Trotter but yeah, Eagles, Steelers and Ravens did what they always do.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I think Trotter could be solid. He's just so undersized. He has good instincts though.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I am wondering what they are going to do with Moore. It obviously makes sense to keep him because he costs us nothing. I really hope they try him at G. I think he could be a great G. We have so many options. I really hope we have the right coach in there to get the most out of these guys because Meyers ability thus far hasn't impressed me whatsoever.

They really should fly to Munchak's house, pack his shit up, give his wife a blank check, and make him coach this OL room.

This season cannot come soon enough. Najee and Warren have to be ecstatic. Very real possibility both crack 1000. Last time it happened was 2008.

Last edited:

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Need a corner and WR still, very doable, but thrilled with the strides we made each of the last two drafts!

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I'll be watching Colorado a bunch this next season. I like both Hunter and Shilo.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Need a corner and WR still, very doable, but thrilled with the strides we made each of the last two drafts!
Steelers cleared around $18.5 million in Cap space. And could clear some more if needed.

Yes, they need to sign these draft picks but that still leaves a lot of unused space.

Some of that will be used to fill remaining holes. They didn't clear that space to leave it unused.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I'm wondering if they start restructuring/extending guys like Watt, Minkah, Cam, and Larry O. They could open some serious space.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I'm wondering if they start restructuring/extending guys like Watt, Minkah, Cam, and Larry O. They could open some serious space.
To what end? The Steelers will need to spend half their space on rookie contracts, $9.2 million.

That leaves $9 million to play with.

So, if they open more they need a target or two to spend it on.

How much are they going to give either to a UFA or trade target(s)?

It is good to know that they have the flexibility if needed though.

All that we know is that the roster is not complete. They will certainly be adding a couple of players, and those will be quality players. Likely a receiver and DB.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
I am wondering what they are going to do with Moore. It obviously makes sense to keep him because he costs us nothing. I really hope they try him at G. I think he could be a great G. We have so many options. I really hope we have the right coach in there to get the most out of these guys because Meyers ability thus far hasn't impressed me whatsoever.

They really should fly to Munchak's house, pack his shit up, give his wife a blank check, and make him coach this OL room.

This season cannot come soon enough. Najee and Warren have to be ecstatic. Very real possibility both crack 1000. Last time it happened was 2008.
I'm very hyped about OL and LB corp depth. And especially anticipate seeing the starting LB corp in action. Could be a special unit if healthy and help mask some of the DB deficiencies. Just would've liked a bit more help on the DL. Maybe after camp cuts.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I'm very hyped about OL and LB corp depth. And especially anticipate seeing the starting LB corp in action. Could be a special unit if healthy and help mask some of the DB deficiencies. Just would've liked a bit more help on the DL. Maybe after camp cuts.
This OL unit has immense potential. And to think...Kevin Dotson should be a part of it.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
This OL unit has immense potential. And to think...Kevin Dotson should be a part of it.
I like the fact that the heart of the line, your bookend tackles and center, all are around the same age and will grow together.

As we have seen, your line is as good as its weakest link. A line is a unit that works together or does not work. That they can grow together and be together for a decade plus is very exciting.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
To what end? The Steelers will need to spend half their space on rookie contracts, $9.2 million.

That leaves $9 million to play with.

So, if they open more they need a target or two to spend it on.

How much are they going to give either to a UFA or trade target(s)?

It is good to know that they have the flexibility if needed though.

All that we know is that the roster is not complete. They will certainly be adding a couple of players, and those will be quality players. Likely a receiver and DB.
That article says the draft picks will only account for a little over $3 million more because of roster displacement. Says the bottom spots they'll be replacing already account for a bit over $6 million. 🤷 Personally, I haven't a clue ha.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
That article says the draft picks will only account for a little over $3 million more because of roster displacement. Says the bottom spots they'll be replacing already account for a bit over $6 million. 🤷 Personally, I haven't a clue ha.
Nor should you or I be expected to have a clue what they will do with the space created.

The only reasonable speculation is that they didn't clear that space for no reason. It will be spent. And as it is not a small amount name players will be brought in to round out the roster.

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
backup tackle. we dont need him at guard

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
I mean, they have really no backups at CB or S with any NFL experience. While WR2 is the most glaring need it’s the secondary where I really expect to see a few guys added. Wouldn’t shock me to see Petersen or Sullivan or both back but you’d hope they could do better.

Reactions: Ulf5 and Rave7215

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
I mean, they have really no backups at CB or S with any NFL experience. While WR2 is the most glaring need it’s the secondary where I really expect to see a few guys added. Wouldn’t shock me to see Petersen or Sullivan or both back but you’d hope they could do better.
I'm kind of still expecting Simmons to sign. Doesn’t seem the league is beating his door down.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Don't agree with that at S. Fitzpatrick/Elliott/Kazee is a solid depth chart with room for a bright spark after.

CB very obviously needs a guy and maybe two though.

This may sound a little psycho (and I forget whether I've said it here before) but I wonder whether they'd use Payton Wilson as a slot CB at times. Athleticism wise, it looks like he can handle it. I don't know to what extent the pattern recognition is different from LB though.

I mean they like Meyer. He wouldn't be there if they didn't. But I have to say I haven't seen it either. This is going to be a real prove it or lose it moment. He has a ton of young talent. He can totally reshape their OL in two years if he's good enough. He can also absolutely screw this team if he's not.

I also doubt they're going to experiment with Moore at G. He's not getting any snaps there unless there's an injury and he's about to hit FA in a year. To me the question is whether it's best to keep him as an experienced option or shop him. My guess is keep.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad