GDT: [SCP R1 GM2] Dallas Stars vs. Minnesota Wild - 8:30 PM CT (BSSW)

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
There were quite a few troll posts deleted in our game one thread. Now imagine a forum like the Leafs where fans of other teams come in and absolutely troll the shit out of Leafs fans in GDTs.

Nothing you said was crazy - It's just to stop things from starting in the first place, then escalating out of control. Especially in the playoff threads where emotions run higher.

Last edited:

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
Edit: Oh yeah, and the refs were an absolute disaster. Handing out all those misconducts was just a sign of how much they'd lost the game. I don't know if there's something disproving this, but the offside on Boldy when the Wild were down by 1 goal would make me lose my mind if I'm a wild player or fan, it wasn't even remotely offside from the broadcast I was watching.
I think I know what play you're referring to. I thought it was bogus call at first as well but then I rewatched it and realized that it wasn't the guy at the far side of the ice who was offsides, there was a player on the nearside boards who was trapped in the zone and was unable to touch up in time.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I still think the defense needs more updating than retaining Domi and Daddy. Bourque and Stankoven aren't an improvement at least at first but both have upside and are cheap. Maybe one of the two stays but we're not giving Dadinov another 6.5m contract and Domi is playing for his big ticket contract too. We don't have to cap space to pay them premium money.
Dadonov has never had a 6.5m contract.
Currently we have 7 NHL defensemen signed for next year (Heiskanen, Miller,Hakanpaa, Lindell, Suter, Harley, Lundkvist) doubtful they sign another unless it's an actual 7th. They use Suter as a #2 for some reason, so there's virtually 0 chance he gets bought out. The only thing they may do is move one of Miller/Hakanpaa to allow Lundkvist/Harley a roster spot

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think Dadonov could be had back pretty cheap. He made decent money already , isn't that young anymore and works well with the team and especially DeBoer's system

One spot should be kept open for a rookie but i wouldn't plan with 2 rookies before prospect and training camp

Reactions: Kcb12345

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
I think Dadonov could be had back pretty cheap. He made decent money already , isn't that young anymore and works well with the team and especially DeBoer's system

One spot should be kept open for a rookie but i wouldn't plan with 2 rookies before prospect and training camp

I definitely think there will be 2 rookies because Stankoven is a virtual lock. I'd agree with you if you said there won't be 2 rookies in the Top 9. I think that is unlikely.

However, I can't see them re-signing both Kiviranta and Glendening or replacing them both with veterans. At least one of those spots is going to a rookie IMO giving Dallas 2 on the opening roster.

Reactions: LT

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I definitely think there will be 2 rookies because Stankoven is a virtual lock. I'd agree with you if you said there won't be 2 rookies in the Top 9. I think that is unlikely.

However, I can't see them re-signing both Kiviranta and Glendening or replacing them both with veterans. At least one of those spots is going to a rookie IMO giving Dallas 2 on the opening roster.

Maybe won't be a rookie but another younger guy say someone like idk Tufte on the 4th line ? They may keep Bourque in the AHL until injuries hit.

I do think Kivi is a reasonable bet to come back . Can't see teams offering that much in free agency but you never know. Glendening is certainly gone

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Tufte would be a rookie. Calling him a young guy is just semantics. I'm just saying it'll likely be a current Texas Star with little NHL experience on the 4th line along with Logan Stankoven in the Top 9.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South

tell me mav's a near lock. i need to hear it. manifest it.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Tufte would be a rookie. Calling him a young guy is just semantics. I'm just saying it'll likely be a current Texas Star with little NHL experience on the 4th line along with Logan Stankoven in the Top 9.

What i meant was they are not going to plan for 2 top9 spots to be taken by 2 rookies . Certainly not going into free agency.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
LOL!!!!!!! My comment just got deleted from Minnesota board. They sure don't care about them trolling our thread.

"I said it looks like Dumba poked the bear. Remember that Dallas is better on the road."

Your post in the thread Series Talk: Minnesota Wild v Dallas Stars Playoff series thread | Series tied at 1 was deleted. Reason: Don't troll the Wild board.
Today at 11:12 AM
In my long time on hf I’ve noticed most of the boards/people- and I mean no offense to LT/current staff/everyone here at hfstars, y’all are great- are soft as shit, and love dishing out bullshit but cry when having to take it. Prime example

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
tell me mav's a near lock. i need to hear it. manifest it.

If Texas goes deep in the playoffs, and he is who he was to finish the season (11 points in his final 7 games) he could force the issue.

Plus, this is getting ahead of ourselves by a lot, if Pavelski wasn't able to start the year, that gives Bourque a window. Head injuries are voodoo, and Pavs looked bad. I'm hoping he returns these playoffs, but a part of me wouldn't be shocked if this was something that lingered.

Reactions: Zapp and redbeardtx

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
If Texas goes deep in the playoffs, and he is who he was to finish the season (11 points in his final 7 games) he could force the issue.

Plus, this is getting ahead of ourselves by a lot, if Pavelski wasn't able to start the year, that gives Bourque a window. Head injuries are voodoo, and Pavs looked bad. I'm hoping he returns these playoffs, but a part of me wouldn't be shocked if this was something that lingered.

NOW YOU SHOW UP!?

Glad to see you're still around buddy

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South

is there a way to like half a post and unlike the rest??

you still believe in back? iirc at one time you thought he might be a bottom 6 guy.

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
In my long time on hf I’ve noticed most of the boards/people- and I mean no offense to LT/current staff/everyone here at hfstars, y’all are great- are soft as shit, and love dishing out bullshit but cry when having to take it. Prime example
I was laughing so hard at the whole back and forth between you and that guy on the playoffs board. Melted butter soft

Reactions: Zrhutch

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
I don't have a grudge against LT, all that stuff was a long time ago and he was only about 8 years old (just kidding). But I recall him being perhaps the only HFStars mod who was on the side of the other non HFStars mods that led to the purge.

• Haha
Reactions: Sports2

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
I mean you weren't even laying into him hard at all and he was about to break his damn keyboard FPS Doug style
Some people just aren’t built for the playoffs my friend
I don't have a grudge against LT, all that stuff was a long time ago and he was only about 8 years old (just kidding). But I recall him being perhaps the only HFStars mod who was on the side of the other non HFStars mods that led to the purge.
Honestly man, that whole thing was so ridiculous and it’s awful that we lost people but I can’t remember who was who in that whole thing nowadays so I’ve gotten over it. Life goes on.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
You would have been closer if you said 13 lol

• Wow

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Yea I slept through that whole mess and woke up as the only Stars' mod when I wasn't one before. I was as confused as everyone else.

Since it apparently needs to be said, please don't go to the Minny board. At all. It's annoying as f*** when non-Stars fans come here for any reason. Same goes for most every team board. These are relatively "safe" boards in that we don't have to deal with any outside fans here.

Just trying to have HF be decent enough so people aren't scared away by the assholes.

Reactions: Zapp

Puck Luck 73

Dec 17, 2021
Yea I slept through that whole mess and woke up as the only Stars' mod when I wasn't one before. I was as confused as everyone else.

Since it apparently needs to be said, please don't go to the Minny board. At all. It's annoying as f*** when non-Stars fans come here for any reason. Same goes for most every team board. These are relatively "safe" boards in that we don't have to deal with any outside fans here.

Just trying to have HF be decent enough so people aren't scared away by the assholes.
Those guys have been on this board all week blasting us. What gives?

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014

I feel attacked. Triggered and stuff

• Wow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad