GDT: SCP Game 3| Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Islanders | May 3rd | 7:00 PM | F/OTL 5-4

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
They had the goalie pulled for about 2 1/2 minutes. Would you not give Tavares a single shift during that time? I'd bet there would be a huge uproar if that was the case and TB scored. 'Why didn't Cappy put his best player out there to ice it?!" "LMAO Cappy benching Tavares and playing Quine instead!"

All season long I've seen people complain about having tavares out there with the EN. I for one would not complain if I never saw him in that situation ever again... or at least until he takes it upon himself to become a better defensive player and a worthy penalty killer.

norwegianislander

May 9, 2009
Hamar, Norway
Up 1 goal , looking at an empty net, I want Leddy, Hamonic, Cizikas, Nielsen and Clutterbuck out there.[/QUOTE]

Cappy needs to play that scenario like we are in a PK mode and he needs to find that out very soon. If we throw away another lead this series it will be golf season for the boys. Sick and tired of hearing Cappy crying about the Hickey hit. If you only did your job in the last two mins of 3 periode that hit would not exist. (sorry for my writing, Norwegian guy )

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
Up 1 goal , looking at an empty net, I want Leddy, Hamonic, Cizikas, Nielsen and Clutterbuck out there.

Cappy needs to play that scenario like we are in a PK mode and he needs to find that out very soon. If we throw away another lead this series it will be golf season for the boys. Sick and tired of hearing Cappy crying about the Hickey hit. If you only did your job in the last two mins of 3 periode that hit would not exist. (sorry for my writing, Norwegian guy )[/QUOTE]

I agree with you completely. It should be a PK strategy in that situation and Capuano complaining about the hit is off the mark.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Hickey has played very well in the playoffs. Man some people just have no ability to think for themselves.

I'll leave you with this!!!!

http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/04/nhl-player-gets-wrecked-by-massive-hit-video/

But one hit does not make up for the number of times he is bumped off the puck, and sure he has had some big goals, but he pinches in a lot and does not get back. But his size is his handicap, and I think he polarizes because he is a smart hockey player and he has skill, but the lack of size causes him to get beaten out of the corners, and lose position in front of the net, I think you need a safe stay at home player like Pelech in there over Hickey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad