Recalled/Assigned: Scott Wilson recalled

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
They're going to make me hate Porter, who for the record is an okay player for the 4th line when injuries happen. It's just that they'll overplay him and use him over more promising players.

At least Wilson got his first NHL point.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Yeah, this team's usage of certain guys has this weird effect of making you hate said player. :laugh: On top of overplaying said guys, the media just verbally fellates them non-stop to put their PR spin on the idea that they're ****** players. But ****, to your average yinzer, Craig Adams was an Iron Man and Ol' Robbie Scuderi is one of the league's best defensive defensemen and PKers. :laugh:

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
I have to think this is a cap move.

Most likely yes, due to the break. I won't pretend to know WBS' schedule, but if they have games this week its good to have them getting games in. Could also mean that Crosby really is DTD though.

I liked what I saw from Wilson and I love that he dropped the gloves after the knee. It doesn’t matter whether he won the fight or not or whether the knee was dirty or not, but showing your team you are willing to get punched in the face for them helps build team chemistry and give them energy. Same with Fehr going at it with Dubinsky. Of course you want them to win the fight, but it still has a positive effect if they don’t. People can call that Neanderthal thinking if they want, I don’t care.

Exhibit A: Talbot v Carcillio

PGHSports

Feb 24, 2007
Wilson biggest mistake was fighting last night. Rutherford and ownership hates that.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Most likely yes, due to the break. I won't pretend to know WBS' schedule, but if they have games this week its good to have them getting games in. Could also mean that Crosby really is DTD though.

Neither the Penguins nor WBS have games until Dec. 26. It's possible it's a paper cap move and Wilson returns, but if Crosby's back, the Pens would have 12 forwards again and be good to go.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Forget Wilson, I would like to see a Plotnikov - Cullen - Rust 4th line...

Edit: yes, yes, softest team ever.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I have to think this is a cap move.

Sheary: 667.5k
Wilson: 655k
Rust: 652.5k
Murray: 628.3k
Porter: 575k

On the one hand, Porter's definitely the cheapest here, on the other hand, if they were purely trying to free up cap space, I would have thought Sheary and Murray would have been sent down, too.

Of course, I'm not sure if Porter needs to go back through waivers at this point, while neither Rust nor Wilson do. Again, though, neither Sheary nor Murray need to go through waivers, either...

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

On the one hand, Porter's definitely the cheapest here, on the other hand, if they were purely trying to free up cap space, I would have thought Sheary and Murray would have been sent down, too.

Of course, I'm not sure if Porter needs to go back through waivers at this point, while neither Rust nor Wilson do. Again, though, neither Sheary nor Murray need to go through waivers, either...

Can you send down players that take you below a playable roster (12F, 6D, 2G)? I'm sure the answer is yes but just curious. Also, when does the roster freeze end and does that include sending guys up and down or just refer to trades? I don't know if you know just curious.

My thought there is that they kept 12 healthy forwards and 2 goalies up because you either have to by the rules or because the roster freeze would make it difficult to recall those guys in time for the game on the 26th.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Also not sure how much money the pens can save from paper moves since the Scuderi deal put them into Dupuis' LTIR money

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Also not sure how much money the pens can save from paper moves since the Scuderi deal put them into Dupuis' LTIR money

Right. We aren't banking LTIR space. I think JB said that mistakenly the other day. Something like "they have 2.5MM left of Duper's LTIR space which at the deadline can get you a pretty substantial player". No, it can get you a 2.5MM dollar player.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Right. We aren't banking LTIR space. I think JB said that mistakenly the other day. Something like "they have 2.5MM left of Duper's LTIR space which at the deadline can get you a pretty substantial player". No, it can get you a 2.5MM dollar player.

Doesn't matter. At the deadline we shouldn't been looking to add a major player unless significant cap is going out. No more Pouliot+Sundqvist+1st+2nd+unborn 1st rounders type trades.

If anything, they should be looking to sell at the deadline. Buy too but sell as well. When have we ever "sold" someone at the deadline...I'm thinking back to Recchi...?

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site

I think he does need waivers again because he's played 10 games. And the Christmas roster freeze makes that not possible.

Keep in mind that the amount of research I've done on this is zero.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I think he does need waivers again because he's played 10 games. And the Christmas roster freeze makes that not possible.

Keep in mind that the amount of research I've done on this is zero.

The only team that would be claiming Porter is New Jersey, and that's just to stick it to us.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
No, what I'm saying is that the roster freeze means no waivers.

Nothing to do with claiming him or not, rather if you can physically put him on waivers at this time.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
No, what I'm saying is that the roster freeze means no waivers.

Nothing to do with claiming him or not, rather if you can physically put him on waivers at this time.

Indeed, but I don't think we'll need to worry about sending him up and down afterwards when it's possible again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad