Recalled/Assigned: Scott Wilson recalled

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Not quite, I don't think he has the wheels that Kunitz had in his prime. He's not slow, but his speed isn't the asset that it used to be for Kunitz.

I think if he hits his upside he could be a 40 point player, sort of like a more offensively oriented Talbot before the shoulder problems.

So a hardworking player that throws his body around but still has some scoring touch.

Thanks.

What are your thoughts about a Clark Seymour callup? I see he's playing with Pouliot on the top pairing now.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Thanks.

What are your thoughts about a Clark Seymour callup? I see he's playing with Pouliot on the top pairing now.

Seymour isn't signed to an NHL deal, he only has an AHL contract. He was pretty awful last year, I haven't seen enough of him this season to judge his play, but he seems to be doing better.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Sending down better, younger players who could help us win now in order to save cap space for deadline trades involving better, younger players for impending UFAs is so Penguins.

Just play the better ****ing players! :laugh:

:laugh: Yep. I'm stoked to get 2 and a half months out of Byfuglien for Bennett and Pouliot.

wolffy66

Dec 16, 2009
Porter doesn't do much for me but neither does Wilson tbh. Porter is more of the 4th liner type tho. I'm excited for Wilsons development but that seems to be going well WBS for now. I'm ok with the move.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I liked what I saw from Wilson and I love that he dropped the gloves after the knee. It doesn’t matter whether he won the fight or not or whether the knee was dirty or not, but showing your team you are willing to get punched in the face for them helps build team chemistry and give them energy. Same with Fehr going at it with Dubinsky. Of course you want them to win the fight, but it still has a positive effect if they don’t. People can call that Neanderthal thinking if they want, I don’t care.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Yeah Wilson and Sheary have been welcome additions. I don't know if either are long term NHL'ers but the energy and heart they brought was much needed. Wilson earns major props for going after Jenner. That dude is a house and Wilson didn't care. Great stuff.

Also, screw Porter. He is soo meh.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I liked what I saw from Wilson and I love that he dropped the gloves after the knee. It doesn’t matter whether he won the fight or not or whether the knee was dirty or not, but showing your team you are willing to get punched in the face for them helps build team chemistry and give them energy. Same with Fehr going at it with Dubinsky. Of course you want them to win the fight, but it still has a positive effect if they don’t. People can call that Neanderthal thinking if they want, I don’t care.

It's not. There's a difference between wanting goons and wanting your team to stick up for each other. The reality is that hockey culture still thrives on that type of sacrifice for your teammates. It'd be nice to have a guy that can play and hold his own in a fight, but I'll take what I saw last night. Malkin and Co. rallied around that type of stuff.

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
And just like that - a guy shows some passion.. sticks up for his teammates.. and hes gone.

Penguins really want to hold on to that image as the softest team in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad