Scott Wheeler's top 75 NHL drafted prospects

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Other than him playing in Alsvenskan as opposed to the SHL are there other reasons that he may be ranked lower than you'd expect?
Lindstein’s game is not flashy; it’s built on decent physical skills + elite IQ/processing.
You rarely see him putting up highlight reel plays, but he always seems to make the correct play with the puck. It’s subtle but extremely effective.

If you’re not watching him closely it can be difficult to accurately gauge his impact. Makes him difficult to properly scout and evaluate in a small sample IMO.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
It feels like hfboards is always so full of bitter 'never did it' types who are angry at their team's GM, angry at their team's coach, and angry at anyone who dares write about hockey because 'that should be meee'.

Wheeler definitely has some pretty dumb blindspots when it comes to his rankings, but I like the blurbs that go into micro skills. He clearly understands the actual game a hell of a lot better than Pronman. You can tell by how they write about players/the game.

It actually doesn't much matter if he places your team's prospects 5 spots lower than they should be, just enjoy learning about them from someone who has watched them a bunch.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
It feels like hfboards is always so full of bitter 'never did it' types who are angry at their team's GM, angry at their team's coach, and angry at anyone who dares write about hockey because 'that should be meee'.

Wheeler definitely has some pretty dumb blindspots when it comes to his rankings, but I like the blurbs that go into micro skills. He clearly understands the actual game a hell of a lot better than Pronman. You can tell by how they write about players/the game.

It actually doesn't much matter if he places your team's prospects 5 spots lower than they should be, just enjoy learning about them from someone who has watched them a bunch.
Disagree. I think Wheeler is a better writer but Pronman understands more about prospects.

But I also think that Wheeler (and Pronman) gets too much hate and downplay here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad