Scott Wheeler's top 75 NHL drafted prospects

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Wheeler and Dom are both in the same tier, poor.
Can’t get over how many posters get upset when you point out Dom’s model is not the best.

hug.gif

Dom's model has damn near had me cancel my Athletic subscription just because of how central they've made it to all their hockey coverage. It's hot garbage.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I'm quite sure 80% of regular posters on this forum could put together better lists than Pronman and Wheeler. Or at the very least, more thoughtful.
Oh man, we have very different outlooks on the average user here. Thoughtful isn’t the first word that pops to mind when I think HFBoards posters, are you sure you aren’t thinking of the word “awful?” They do sound a bit similar. Lol

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Oh man, we have very different outlooks on the average user here. Thoughtful isn’t the first word that pops to mind when I think HFBoards posters, are you sure you aren’t thinking of the word “awful?” They do sound a bit similar. Lol
I'm thinking of more the regular contributors in the prospect forum, not the average user, if that makes any sense?

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I won't crap on anyones rankings, it's impossible to please everyone.

I am just curious why a guy like Kent Johnson is not considered graduated, he will have nearly two seasons of NHL games after the end of this year (currently 130). While guys like Carlsson and Fantilli with not even half that amount are considered graduated.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
I won't crap on anyones rankings, it's impossible to please everyone.

I am just curious why a guy like Kent Johnson is not considered graduated, he will have nearly two seasons of NHL games after the end of this year (currently 130). While guys like Carlsson and Fantilli with not even half that amount are considered graduated.
Yeah seems absurd that he isn’t graduated yet. I don’t mind Wheeler and his analysis or rankings either, but he clearly has a crush on Kent Johnson ever since his draft year and doesn’t want to remove him just yet until he actually breaks out (if he ever does) and wheeler feels vindicated

Reactions: Szechwan

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
SJ with 3 in the top 75 makes me happy.

I could counter that, arguing that it should be at least one more (Muk). But let’s be reality: who cares?

(Un-)Fortunately, those rankings have ZERO impact on the career trajectory of those players.

They are just an opinion and you know what they say about opinions and a$$holes, don’t you?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm 90% sure that 80% of the regular posters on this forum could put together 70% better lists than Pronman and Wheeler. Or at the very least, 100% more thoughtful.

Agreed. Though I'll say that Pronman has improved over the years.

With Wheeler you can just tell he's going to be fawning over Jordan Dumais types, and it feels unserious.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I think the funniest part is how Bedard and Carlsson didn't qualify for this or his team rankings... But Kent Johnson and his 130 NHL games is still ranked.
Don't even have to look at other teams, Fantilli isn't on the list yet, Kent Johnson is and Johnson has a full season more of experience than he does

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I missed my calling of ranking guys based on stats and draft position through quick google searches for a subscription based website

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
I’m always surprised when Theo Lindstein isn’t ranked higher on these lists. Kid is legit.

Other than him playing in Alsvenskan as opposed to the SHL are there other reasons that he may be ranked lower than you'd expect?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad