Scott destroys Thornton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Don't know if the high point of Scott's career but it sure is the end of Thornton's.:D

Unfortunately, Thornton is listed as out 7-10 days, but I can't imagine him coming back from a concussion, and resuming the pugilism.

btw, there's nothing funny about the concussion. Would you like someone you work with laughing because you slipped and cracked your head open??? Ya, real funny, huh.

WolfgangAmadeusEller*

Unfortunately, Thornton is listed as out 7-10 days, but I can't imagine him coming back from a concussion, and resuming the pugilism.

btw, there's nothing funny about the concussion. Would you like someone you work with laughing because you slipped and cracked your head open??? Ya, real funny, huh.
Don't try to get sympathy here by playing the poor little victim.

BB_TCUiCEAAlRbf_medium.jpg

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Unlike Miller Thornton didn't stay after the game to cry to the media :cry:

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
About as scummy as you guys making fun of Miller when he got concussed.

I will acknowledge that there were people who questioned whether Miller was concussed or whether there was an attempt to exaggerate the extent of the injury in order to influence a possible suspension on Lucic.

However, show me a time when a Boston fan (or any other for that matter) mimicked a player over the possible effects of a head injury.

Particularly for a player that was immediately struggling (Thornton got pounded by a huge man, was wobbly as hell right after the fight, left the game immediately out of the penalty box, and for whom there is zero reason to overstate the extent of an injury -- actually quite the opposite)

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Don't try to get sympathy here by playing the poor little victim.

BB_TCUiCEAAlRbf_medium.jpg

I have no idea what your saying. I'm a Sabre fan, and glad for some retribution, but I hoped it would be Lucic paying the price, not Thornton, seeing he's the bag who started the bad blood. I was just posting that cheering an injury is for losers.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I will acknowledge that there were people who questioned whether Miller was concussed or whether there was an attempt to exaggerate the extent of the injury in order to influence a possible suspension on Lucic.

However, show me a time when a Boston fan (or any other for that matter) mimicked a player over the possible effects of a head injury.

Particularly for a player that was immediately struggling (Thornton got pounded by a huge man, was wobbly as hell right after the fight, left the game immediately out of the penalty box, and for whom there is zero reason to overstate the extent of an injury -- actually quite the opposite)

What? You want me to give you specific examples of Bruins fans being ********? Sorry, not gonna do that. Try reading your GDT from last November.

WolfgangAmadeusEller*

I have no idea what your saying. I'm a Sabre fan, and glad for some retribution, but I hoped it would be Lucic paying the price, not Thornton, seeing he's the bag who started the bad blood. I was just posting that cheering an injury is for losers.
Ooooops, my bad then! :)

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Both players were concussed and one decided to cry about it

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
What? You want me to give you specific examples of Bruins fans being ********? Sorry, not gonna do that. Try reading your GDT from last November.

There were a lot of people in that GDT questioning whether Miller was concussed. I already acknowledged that. Your team's own coach even muddied the water on that matter -- don't deny it.

I was asking for someone to show an example of a fan mimicking someone's ability to think or talk after an obvious head injury -- or something as unclassy as that.

Don't blame me. You're the one who has a colleague "fan" who is the sort of asshat to do that.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
There were a lot of people in that GDT questioning whether Miller was concussed. I already acknowledged that. Your team's own coach even muddied the water on that matter -- don't deny it.

I was asking for someone to show an example of a fan mimicking someone's ability to think or talk after an obvious head injury -- or something as unclassy as that.

Don't blame me. You're the one who has a colleague "fan" who is the sort of asshat to do that.

how bout cheering when a player breaks his back?

or cheering when low-bridging someone?

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Ah yes instead of seeking some sort of medical help for his concussion Miller chose to stay and cry like a baby.

I am sure that even if Shawn wasn't as concussed as he was yesterday he wouldn't have went the Miller route.

Maybe Miller should have stayed in his crease and not come out as much as he did. But that is a moot point.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Ah yes instead of seeking some sort of medical help for his concussion Miller chose to stay and cry like a baby.

I am sure that even if Shawn wasn't as concussed as he was yesterday he wouldn't have went the Miller route.

Maybe Miller should have stayed in his crease and not come out as much as he did. But that is a moot point.

what are you even arguing?

a goalie who got illegally hit telling the media he didnt like it? surprise party

a 4th liner who got in a fight got pumped and didnt complain? happens all the time he's not special:laugh:

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
Thornton doesn't deserve to have people cheer what could be (for a 35 yr old enforcer) a career threatening injury, but the reaction from many fans is less about Thornton, and instead a very big middle finger to the way some have represented the Bruins over the last few seasons.

I hope Thornton gets back, but it was enjoyable to watch the B's play in such a chicken poop manner after the fight. Mr Chara and Mr Lucic didn't seem to have the same willingness to engage as they did this time last yr when Scott wasn't a member of the Sabres.

We've seen this act before from these guys. Lucic running from BGL; Chara diving for the ice to end a fight before he gets hit...classic bullies; tough as long as their isn't someone else tough around to make them answer the bell.

Loooch...maybe drive over to your buddy Shawn's place and explain to him why his NHL paycheck may soon be in jeopardy b/c he was too chicken to answer for his own actions.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
I mean people get emotional and I can understand that, but yeah, some people just make me face palm.

There are a lot of good, intelligent people that I would love to converse with, but unfortunately the idiots usually drown them out.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Why do people keep saying Lucic has to answer? **** I have stated over and over that he already has.

The hit was LAST season. It was "answered" LAST season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad