Scott destroys Thornton

Status
Not open for further replies.

studebaker1*

they aren't dirty. People like to think they are but they just play tough. Its not their fault if others teams are a bunch of softy *** that can't stand up. Its funny because the people who think they are dirty are in majority fan of ***** team like Habs,Canucks,old sabres, etc.....

Lucic hitting Miller is "playing tough"? Then he acts all nonchalant about it, even autographing a picture of it? He's a ******* and hardly the toughest guy in the league. That whole incident was at the root of Scott's signing, and Thornton had to pony up for Lucic - and the Bruin community's - pride over a gutless hit last season. I have absolutely zero respect for Lucic and I just wish he'd drop them more with serious heavyweights so the myth of Lucic would just fade away. Even if he does drop them more often with serious fighters he'll probably call in the refs again like he did when Orr was tuning him up.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Not going to go through the 5+ pages, but I have never seen Thornton "turtle"

He got hammered here.

Dude leaves on his shield, thats for sure.

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
I respect tough hockey teams but the Bruins are just straight up DIRTY!

We get it, you don't like the Bruins. Move along.

Scott on Thornton from 2 years ago:

He said that? That’s fine. He can say what he wants,†said Hawks enforcer Scott to the Chicago Tribune. “He’s going after some of our littlest guys on our team to start a fight. He’s trying to challenge [Fernando] Pisani to a fight. What’s that say about him?

“He’s Mr. Tough Guy and he’s trying to challenge Pisani. If I’m in the lineup, he’s more than welcome to come chirp at me. I’ll kick the [bleep] out of him.â€

This was taken out of context. If I recall, Thornton got high stuck that game, and as he was bleeding and headed to the room to get stitches, Pisani or someone on the Hawks bench thought it was a good time to chirp at him. Thornton took exception and some words were exchanged.

You know what's funny? This is the high point of John Scott's career, beating up Shawn Thornton, a guy with 2 rings who Scott would kill to trade careers with.

Remember that. I can see why Sabres fans would be happy about this, but the rest of you just mostly come off as whiney losers frankly.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Lucic hitting Miller is "playing tough"? Then he acts all nonchalant about it, even autographing a picture of it? He's a ******* and hardly the toughest guy in the league. That whole incident was at the root of Scott's signing, and Thornton had to pony up for Lucic - and the Bruin community's - pride over a gutless hit last season. I have absolutely zero respect for Lucic and I just wish he'd drop them more with serious heavyweights so the myth of Lucic would just fade away. Even if he does drop them more often with serious fighters he'll probably call in the refs again like he did when Orr was tuning him up.

so I guess I can call the Sabres a bunch of dirty pos because they have Ott and Kaleta in their line up???? Bruins aren't more dirty then all the other teams /end

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
Jack Edwards tears are delicious.

I hope Lucic steps up the next time these two teams play...but who am i kidding

WolfgangAmadeusEller*

they aren't dirty. People like to think they are but they just play tough. Its not their fault if others teams are a bunch of softy *** that can't stand up. Its funny because the people who think they are dirty are in majority fan of ***** team like Habs,Canucks,old sabres, etc.....
:laugh:

Just from last year...

studebaker1*

so I guess I can call the Sabres a bunch of dirty pos because they have Ott and Kaleta in their line up???? Bruins aren't more dirty then all the other teams /end

Not really a logical comparison. Ott and Kaleta are agitators who throw the body around and Sabres fans don't make them out to to be anything more. Boston fans make Lucic out to be the toughest player around when he's not even close. The Miller hit, and the way Lucic and Bruins fans handled the incident was one of the most disrespectful things I've ever seen. Lucic is the source of all of this and he knows it - everyone knows it. It sucks that Thornton got concussed and I hope he fully recovers, but that's his job, to protect players like Lucic who would get mopped up by the toughest guys in the league.

WolfgangAmadeusEller*

Not going to go through the 5+ pages, but I have never seen Thornton "turtle"

He got hammered here.

Dude leaves on his shield, thats for sure.
You right, he didn't turtle.
It was a mix of fighting, stanky leg and chicken dance.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Not really a logical comparison. Ott and Kaleta are agitators who throw the body around and Sabres fans don't make them out to to be anything more. Boston fans make Lucic out to be the toughest player around when he's not even close. The Miller hit, and the way Lucic and Bruins fans handled the incident was one of the most disrespectful things I've ever seen. Lucic is the source of all of this and he knows it - everyone knows it. It sucks that Thornton got concussed and I hope he fully recovers, but that's his job, to protect players like Lucic who would get mopped up by the toughest guys in the league.

You sound like cryin ryan

bud12

Oct 8, 2012

so Bruins are dirty because Bruins fan think Lucic is the toughest player around???:handclap:

p.s: Kaleta and Ott are more dirty then anyone on the Bruins and its not even close.

lol I'm a habs fan and I defend the Bruins, its priceless

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Funny to see all the Habs, Canucks & Sabres fans in here. Must be great to celebrate a fight victory. Not much else to celebrate huh?

YouCantYandleThis*

Funny to see all the Habs, Canucks & Sabres fans in here. Must be great to celebrate a fight victory. Not much else to celebrate huh?

Haven't actually seen a ton of Canucks fans in here, and the ones I have seen have been saying that Thornton showed alot of toughness for going up against Scott, which I don't think anyone could disagree with. He gambled on getting the right hold and he lost.

But, ya know. Continue.

WolfgangAmadeusEller*

so Bruins are dirty because Bruins fan think Lucic is the toughest player around???:handclap:

p.s: Kaleta and Ott are more dirty then anyone on the Bruins and its not even close.

lol I'm a habs fan and I defend the Bruins, its priceless
lol no, you are somebody trying to fake being a Habs fan. ;)

The Kid

Jun 19, 2011

Wasn't Lucic voted BY HIS PEERS (NHLPA) to be the toughest player in the league?

So who are you really arguing with here? You are spilling Haterade all over yourself while destroying any shred of credibility. Forget the fans, the player's association thinks he is the toughest in the league. Do you have more cred to judge Lucic than them? Forget it, we all already know the answer.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
lol no, you are somebody trying to fake being a Habs fan. ;)

no, I'm a habs fan who don't have homer glasses and like the fighting part in hockey. Did you see the videos that I posted? Habs are dirty:laugh:
Just do a research with my name, you will see my post are in majority in the fight and habs board....

hockeyrules123

Oct 2, 2011
We get it, you don't like the Bruins. Move along.

This was taken out of context. If I recall, Thornton got high stuck that game, and as he was bleeding and headed to the room to get stitches, Pisani or someone on the Hawks bench thought it was a good time to chirp at him. Thornton took exception and some words were exchanged.

You know what's funny? This is the high point of John Scott's career, beating up Shawn Thornton, a guy with 2 rings who Scott would kill to trade careers with.

Remember that. I can see why Sabres fans would be happy about this, but the rest of you just mostly come off as whiney losers frankly.

Don't know if the high point of Scott's career but it sure is the end of Thornton's.:D

ShooTer44

Oct 6, 2012
I think the hate for Boston goes deeper than just Montreal, Buffalo, and Vancouver fans. When was the last time a fight thread had over 8 pages ( and counting) of comments? There is no coincidence that it is because a Bruins player had his bell rung.

I thinks it speaks volumes.

lol half of the pages are posts of Bruins fans try to defend Thornton getting noodled !! It was a hockey fight ..2 fighters engaged and one got noodled. There really is not much of an argument to be made. They can argue all they want on who is the better player BUT that has nothing to do with losing a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad