Rumor: Scott Arniel "virtual lock" to join Jets' coaching staff as associate coach.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
It will be interesting to see where Barry chooses to go. Sounds like TNSE are putting their best foot forward and are all in. I can’t ask for more than that. Hopefully this isn’t like the Mark Stone situation where we seemed all in but it was not to be. That is the last time I let myself get a bit too excited about adding a key piece that I thought would have a “major” impact on our franchise.

I believe Trotz would instantly improve this team and get everyone on the same page. If Barry’s is in I don’t worry about who we bring back because he will be the boss, he will sell his plan, and it will work.

I would be lying to you if I didn’t admit I will be really disappointed if we don’t land him but life will go on.

Sums up my feelings exactly

Reactions: ps241

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
8.As mentioned on Monday’s podcast, there’ve been rumblings Scott Arniel could end up in Winnipeg in one role or another, but I wouldn’t go as far to say it’s a guarantee, yet. It’s possible he’s interviewed or gets interviewed elsewhere, too.
from recent 32 thoughts

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
And his daughter and Chipman's daughter are good friends and went to St.Mary's Academy together!
QoVN.gif

Reactions: WolfHouse

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
8.As mentioned on Monday’s podcast, there’ve been rumblings Scott Arniel could end up in Winnipeg in one role or another, but I wouldn’t go as far to say it’s a guarantee, yet. It’s possible he’s interviewed or gets interviewed elsewhere, too.
from recent 32 thoughts
So it’s a virtual kinda like a lock like thing but maybe happening for sure possibly.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
And his daughter and Chipman's daughter are good friends and went to St.Mary's Academy together!
His daughter and Chipman's daughter also both attended UND together, if I'm not mistaken, or at least both went to school in Grand Forks. I know Chipman's daughter was playing hockey there when they cancelled the Women's Hockey Program and I've had dinner with Arniel's daugther and her extended family (not Scott or his wife) in Grand Forks when down there for a Sioux game. (I'm close friends with Arniel's In-law's family). Bottom line, there is a very strong connection between Arniel and Winnipeg.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Vegas is a pretty low cost of living city in US standards. Even taking into account the exchange rate, you can get a lot more with your money real estate wise in Vegas than you can in Winnipeg. Not that that would matter at $6m per year US, but cost of living is not way lower in MB, in fact in many ways it's higher.

I don't think COL is a significant factor for people making multi-millions. It takes up a small part of your total income in that bracket.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah my bad. Still stand by the assertion that they are all juat throwing shit against the wall with regards to what is going on with Trotz. I doubt anyone has a clue which way he's leaning.

I will be a bit surprised if he doesn't land in Vegas in the end, just because it is Vegas.

With his experience, Arniel should be a good associate for a first time NHL HC to have. I won't be surprised if it is Vincent. Whoever it turns out to be, we will just have to wait and see what results he can get.

If any players fail to buy in to the new coaching staff, they need to be moved. That needs to be done quickly, IMO. If Scheifele, for example, starts the season mailing it in there is no excuse. Therefore it isn't necessary to give him half a season to catch up.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I will be a bit surprised if he doesn't land in Vegas in the end, just because it is Vegas.

With his experience, Arniel should be a good associate for a first time NHL HC to have. I won't be surprised if it is Vincent. Whoever it turns out to be, we will just have to wait and see what results he can get.

If any players fail to buy in to the new coaching staff, they need to be moved. That needs to be done quickly, IMO. If Scheifele, for example, starts the season mailing it in there is no excuse. Therefore it isn't necessary to give him half a season to catch up.

Exactly, it doesn't matter who coaches next year the players better be ready to buy in and do what is required of them.

If aren't willing then ship them out.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I was just being playful there.
Arniel as an assistant doesn’t bother me.
The leak is annoying for sure, however someone is telling tales from the organization out of school likely.
As far as Trotz it would be nice but I’m not focusing on him being the ONE otherwise I’d be setting myself up to be really disappointed possibly.
As long as the coaches can reign this group in it’s all good.

Trotz is the obvious 1st choice for almost all of us. But there is no way he could be the only man on the planet who could get the job done. He is just the one we know has a very high probability of success. If we have to take someone else we will just have to hope he is right for the job instead of knowing he is right for the job.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Trotz is the obvious 1st choice for almost all of us. But there is no way he could be the only man on the planet who could get the job done. He is just the one we know has a very high probability of success. If we have to take someone else we will just have to hope he is right for the job instead of knowing he is right for the job.
I guess we have to have faith in a organization that took 10 years to find out they didn’t have the right entire coaching staff for the job. And hope they can do it in an offseason.

Imo only trotz can take this team of entitled players with no accountability and do not no how to play defense into the promise land

There is no other coach with the pull or defensive resume that will handle our players

I will pray for the best though

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I guess we have to have faith in a organization that took 10 years to find out they didn’t have the right entire coaching staff for the job. And hope they can do it in an offseason.

Imo only trotz can take this team of entitled players with no accountability and do not no how to play defense into the promise land

There is no other coach with the pull or defensive resume that will handle our players

Wow only 1 coach in the entire world who can turn this team into a winner? :D

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Wow only 1 coach in the entire world who can turn this team into a winner? :D
Not one , that’s not what I meant. But I think a lot of people are underestimating the damage done to every single player in the organization with the no accountability steering from Chipman down.

It’s going to take years to fix.

Reactions: SCP Guy

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

That isn't really fair or accurate though. They replaced Noel just over two years in and brought in Maurice who over the next 5 years replaced members of the coaching staff and helped grow the team into a playoff team that went to the conference finals. Seems like real good organizational progress to that point. The team took a step back in 2019 and were knocked out in round 1 by the eventual Champs. This also shouldn't have been seen as that big of a deal as numerous championship teams suffer setbacks and bumps on their route to winning.

It's really what has happened in the last three years that people have an issue with. No doubt the org made the mistake of keeping Maurice two to three years past his shelf life and that likely impacted the culture and attitude of some players on thus team.

So really this org was trending nicely for a good while and then made a couple of mistakes that caused them to fall off. If they can fix things and get this thing back on track then it will juat be a small dip in the grand scheme of things.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Yeah, there is cause for skepticism. :laugh:

There is no such thing as 'the only person alive' who can do any thing. Trotz is not the only one. He is just the only one we know of.

We have no choice but to hope they get it right.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
That isn't really fair or accurate though. They replaced Noel just over two years in and brought in Maurice who over the next 5 years replaced members of the coaching staff and helped grow the team into a playoff team that went to the conference finals. Seems like real good organizational progress to that point. The team took a step back in 2019 and were knocked out in round 1 by the eventual Champs. This also shouldn't have been seen as that big of a deal as numerous championship teams suffer setbacks and bumps on their route to winning.

It's really what has happened in the last three years that people have an issue with. No doubt the org made the mistake of keeping Maurice two to three years past his shelf life and that likely impacted the culture and attitude of some players on thus team.

So really this org was trending nicely for a good while and then made a couple of mistakes that caused them to fall off. If they can fix things and get this thing back on track then it will juat be a small dip in the grand scheme of things.
Things really turned when the Jets #1 defenceman, one of the best in the league, retired on the eve of training camp. Sure, the Jets didn’t handle everything the best, but that was an incredibly difficult challenge to navigate.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Things really turned when the Jets #1 defenceman, one of the best in the league, retired on the eve of training camp. Sure, the Jets didn’t handle everything the best, but that was an incredibly difficult challenge to navigate.

Agreed, I can give the org a bit of a pass for that but would have still moved on from Mayrice after that year. The org needed a jolt then and we just kept floundering for a few years post that instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad