GDT: SCF #5 - 06/13/14 | Rangers @ Kings - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I'm not even gonna say it on the main boards cause they'll just laugh instead of engaging in an actual debate...

...but anyone else watch the two of them very closely in this series and still think McDonagh is every bit as good as Doughty?

2 golds one cup. Best defender on those teams so nope

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Great end to the period! One thing that concerns me is how easily we let the Kings enter the zone on the powerplay. We basically back off and let them walk in and from there they are setting up plays. Converesely when we are on the PP the Kings always stand us up on the blue line and force us to either retreat, dump it in, or make a move.

Yet, we're 1-3 on the PP, and the Kings have no PP goals and have given up a SHG.

Oh, hockey.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Let Boyle and Nash switch salary, that's how it's supposed to look when Nash enters the zone. :laugh:

Boyle, I frigging love that guy! Mediocre 3rd liner, world's best 4th liner!

When Boyle scored:

*Bob Richards*

Brian Boyle found a lane 1 on 1 with Drew Doughty and went top shelf on Johnathan Quick. Let that sink in for a minute.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Byron Boy strikes again. Hank has been weathering the storm. Let's lock it down and try to get 1 more.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
This x1000. He is such an underrated part of this team.

I don't. Resigning players based on big playoffs and such almost always comes back to bite the team who game them the big deal when the player reverts back to his typical self. If he would take a smaller reasonable deal, sure, but I doubt he would do that.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
I got excited when Boyle scored...then I realized the Rangers have to hold a lead for an entire third period. Anyone got some extra Advil to spare?

HoosierDaddy

Jun 29, 2007
Norway
I was fading off into slumberland and Boyler-Hags connection gaave me a jolt. It's 04:00 here in Norway and the 3rd hasn't even started. Please no OT. Shut them down. Shut them up!

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Byron Boy HF joke still going strong. Does anyone remember the game/announcer who actually said that? I vaguely remember it happening in the 2011-12 season....

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Use the high flip. Icings are too risky.

The key is puck support on dump ins. The Kings are always outnumbering them on dump ins. Use the high flip.

And take a hit to clear the zone. Staal and Girardi are notorious (Mac at times too) to not go hard on the clear with their back turned.

You can't trap the Kings. They're too fast and hustle on the dump in.

Go for the throat. **** it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad