Pre-Game Talk: Saturday Nights Alright for Fighting In Montreal 7:00pm HNIC???

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Yeah I would enjoy a rematch with the Rangers (going against Zibby would be interesting) plus TOR v MTL would be absolute scenes

Same. It would be awesome for me living in Montreal to be in the thick of two Canadian teams fighting it out while cheering on my team.

God now I really want us to win the division. Damn you.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Take Kelly out, move Wingels to C.

Smith - Brassard - Stone
Hoff - Turris - Ryan <- or some other variation of the top 6
Dzingel - Pageau - Pyatt <- or switch Dzingel and Hoff
Stalberg - Wingels - Burrows <- this is where Burrows belongs

Perfection. It won't happen though. Kelly is to the forward core as Boro is to the d-core. All them intangibles.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
I would more likely accept a loss to the rangers rather than the leafs. Plus it'd be nice to take home the Atlantic division banner for once

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Take Kelly out, move Wingels to C.

Smith - Brassard - Stone
Hoff - Turris - Ryan <- or some other variation of the top 6
Dzingel - Pageau - Pyatt <- or switch Dzingel and Hoff
Stalberg - Wingels - Burrows <- this is where Burrows belongs

I would like Wingels at C but not sure if Boucher will do that. And I'm sure he has his reasons but yeah, from an outside perspective Kelly definitely looks to be the weakest player on our team to me. Does some little stuff well but he's just not up to speed.

I expect it comes down to Dzingel, Kelly and Wingels but it will be the former IMO

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I want to see a much better effort than the last two games against Montreal.

Oh, and slash everyones' hands off. It's all part of the game, ya know.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Montreal media is calling this the 'broken eggs' game for the Habs. They are saying they are going to hide 12 eggs in the equipment of Montreals softest players (Pacioretty most targeted) and see if the eggs are broken after the game. Habs fans think their team is soft, don't hit, don't compete for pucks, this will be a statement game for them.

Apparently this broken egg trick is a trick John Ferguson thing, he used to do it with his players,

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Montreal media is calling this the 'broken eggs' game for the Habs. They are saying they are going to hide 12 eggs in the equipment of Montreals softest players (Pacioretty most targeted) and see if the eggs are broken after the game. Habs fans think their team is soft, don't hit, don't compete for pucks, this will be a statement game for them.

Apparently this broken egg trick is a trick John Ferguson thing, he used to do it with his players,

...sounds ass backwards.

Who the hell wants to hit anyone when you know you'll be skating around with splattered eggs inside your gear?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
...sounds ass backwards.

Who the hell wants to hit anyone when you know you'll be skating around with splattered eggs inside your gear?

We're talking Montreal here, last weekend they were back as a top 3 NHL team and glory was about to reign over Montreal for a decade, they lose to Detroit and now they are talking about getting rid of Radulov and Markov and trading Carey Price for Tavares. By Sunday morning after we have crushed them they'll want a new coach, new GM, and Alexi Emelin deported.

The fan base has never embraced Pacioretty, they never will fully embrace an American Captain unless he's a mental case like a Chris Chelios and can literally be the toughest and most skilled player at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad