Pre-Game Talk: Saturday Nights Alright for Fighting In Montreal 7:00pm HNIC???

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
This is one of those games...do we win and take over the Atlantic or do we try and keep pace and try and maintain 2nd for the supposed easier 1st round match up?

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
Also, and I know it was Nickleback...but I loved those Hockey Night Intros!

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
This is one of those games...do we win and take over the Atlantic or do we try and keep pace and try and maintain 2nd for the supposed easier 1st round match up?

The Rangers aren't that scary. They have lost like 7 in a row at home or something too

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Play to win. Winning the division guarantees home ice for the first two rounds, much more important than picking your battle.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Play to win. Winning the division guarantees home ice for the first two rounds, much more important than picking your battle.

Agreed. Winning games, gaining confidence and getting home ice is way more important than picking opponents. We're only 4pts behind the Rangers with a game in hand anyways. Is the difference really that big?

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
I'd much rather win the division and play the Rangers than worry about who we are playing in the Atlantic

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

If the Sens were in 1st now and the playoffs started right now, wouldn't the Rangers have home ice considering they have more points than the Sens?

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
The home ice through two rounds would be awesome! Let's go for the title!

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
If the Sens were in 1st now and the playoffs started right now, wouldn't the Rangers have home ice considering they have more points than the Sens?
Nope they are still the wildcard and thus the lower seed
No, that's why winning the division is so nice.

That's something I never considered before. And at one time, the Rags were like 10 points ahed of the SENS. I now agree to to go for it. They are that good!

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Don't only want the Rangers because it benefits the Sens also want to see toronto montreal in round 1 thay would be memorable

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Don't only want the Rangers because it benefits the Sens also want to see toronto montreal in round 1 thay would be memorable

Yeah I would enjoy a rematch with the Rangers (going against Zibby would be interesting) plus TOR v MTL would be absolute scenes

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I want the Rangers as well.

Any team could possibly win imo.

And if it so happens that the Rangers won, then i would be able to take that much better than losing to the Leafs.

I will still be upset, but not as upset as i would be if the Sens lost to the Leafs.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Yeah I would enjoy a rematch with the Rangers (going against Zibby would be interesting) plus TOR v MTL would be absolute scenes

Hoffmanijab still cant type zibby's name here from a bet hey?

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Who comes out if Stoner is in?

It's Dzingel for me, or Kelly if Boucher is comfortable with someone else filling his role.

Wingels IMO has been great lately - really physical, heavy on the forecheck, blocking a lot of shots.

I like Dzingel but just don't see him bringing much of anything these days. Not a liability and he's definitely fine in 11-13 mins a game, but I don't think he'd bring more in 7-10 mins per game than Stalberg or Wingels, and he's definitely the weakest of our top 9 fwds since Stone has been out.

What are other peoples thoughts?

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Who comes out if Stoner is in?

It's Dzingel for me, or Kelly if Boucher is comfortable with someone else filling his role.

Wingels IMO has been great lately - really physical, heavy on the forecheck, blocking a lot of shots.

I like Dzingel but just don't see him bringing much of anything these days. Not a liability and he's definitely fine in 11-13 mins a game, but I don't think he'd bring more in 7-10 mins per game than Stalberg or Wingels, and he's definitely the weakest of our top 9 fwds since Stone has been out.

What are other peoples thoughts?
Take Kelly out, move Wingels to C.

Smith - Brassard - Stone
Hoff - Turris - Ryan <- or some other variation of the top 6
Dzingel - Pageau - Pyatt <- or switch Dzingel and Hoff
Stalberg - Wingels - Burrows <- this is where Burrows belongs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad