Sarnia Sting 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
All that because of Gaudreau. monster glove save to keep it 0-0 then just like that we are up 2-0. He is on it today. What a sweet play by Namestnikov & a helluva shot by MacDonell! Good point shot by Romeo for the Dann deflection.
Nice to see Mcdonell starting to produce abit, youngest team in the league needs patience and we knew that, we are starting to see some of the younger guys hold on to pucks abit longer and make plays and getting a few points. Good to see!

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
London all over us but we’re up 2-0…We’ll take it lol.

Gaudreau spitting in my face after my post earlier. What a period for him. That one save was insane. He’s looking dialled.

Actually ran into the team at the Tim Hortons in Komoka earlier today. Took a while to get my order taken because of it. MacDonell actually turned around apologized for the delay. Nice kid. Wished him good luck and looks like it worked on that nice goal of his ;)

London is going to push hard here. See how they respond. Can’t let them have the same amount of extended pressure they had in the 1st. Likely not sustainable.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
London all over us but we’re up 2-0…We’ll take it lol.

Gaudreau spitting in my face after my post earlier. What a period for him. That one save was insane. He’s looking dialled.

Actually ran into the team at the Tim Hortons in Komoka earlier today. Took a while to get my order taken because of it. MacDonell actually turned around apologized for the delay. Nice kid. Wished him good luck and looks like it worked on that nice goal of his ;)

London is going to push hard here. See how they respond. Can’t let them have the same amount of extended pressure they had in the 1st. Likely not sustainable.
So your saying he scored because of you? haha. Make it 3-0 now, wow! Daviault having a real good game so far.

Reactions: Ferda11

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Thru 2 this is up there for Gaudreau's best start of his OHL career. He has taken away some sure fire goals. London being stupid, naturally & somehow getting PPs off some of these scrums. Boys just gotta stay smart & get outta here with 4/4 from 2 elite teams

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

Dougie Daryl Clark

Nov 21, 2021
Thru 2 this is up there for Gaudreau's best start of his OHL career. He has taken away some sure fire goals. London being stupid, naturally & somehow getting PPs off some of these scrums. Boys just gotta stay smart & get outta here with 4/4 from 2 elite teams
That entire period was special teams. Need to lock it down now.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Damn 3-0…that shot clock tho…yikes. Gaudreau is playing out of this world today. Several highlight reel saves. He’s everywhere. This is exactly what I hoped Gaudreau would do for us. He is stealing us this one so far.

This one is getting real chippy. I’m sure we will see another penalty filled 3rd. It would be insane if Sarnia could keep this up for another 20. Getting heavily out played.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
This has to be one of the worst officiating in OHL history, absolute trash calls on both sides. They should really be embarrassed, calling weak calls like it’s IIHF tournament, and they have no control of the game just letting it get out of hand. Gaudreau is lights out , hopefully him and the guys in front of him have a real strong 20 minute period in them, could use the 2 points. London is going to throw the kitchen sink at us.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
5on5 they have defended fine. realistically neither team doing much at even strength. 6 PPs for LDN they probably have upwards of 15 shots at least on it. no flow with all the calls.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
McIntyre should be sat next game. Back to back games with ridiculous penalties that result in pivotal goals. totally unnecessary. now London is back in it.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
McIntyre should be sat next game. Back to back games with ridiculous penalties that result in pivotal goals. totally unnecessary. now London is back in it.
Yep I agree, stop with that stupid shit after the whistle, mast could of got one on the same play, not sure what they are trying to prove with the crosschecks the London guy wasn’t anyone near gaudreau or anything. Surprised Letang didn’t have that goal reviewed Crane interfered with gaudreau hard.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Announcers are sooo annoying they are trying to say gaudreau kicked it into his net, Mailloux clearly pushed his pad, then Evangelista slid and pushed his whole body in. 4-0 in my mind, sting should of challenged the first goal, big time goalie interference by Crane.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
It is night & day difference with MacDonell. He is everywhere now. being a royal pain in the ass, producing, doing good work on the PK. Letang clearly sees it to cause he's playing way more

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
probably the worst officiated game I've seen all year, this is an absolute gong show. lucky a brawl hasn't broken out yet but theres still 2 minutes for them to screw up again

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Terrible referees. Sting need to learn how to play with discipline. Learn from dillingham in the scrums, just grab a guy maybe a slight push then start smiling at them lol. Don’t need to punch and cross check that’s when you go to the box. Gaudreaus play was stellar. Good 4-1 win, as far as I’m concerned the knights first goal should of been called back due to goalie interference.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Big win! sure as hell wasn't pretty (outshot 51-13 LOL) but a well fought W. Spent entire 2nd half of the game shorthanded. some big blocked shots. clutch goals. Then obviously the MVP Gaudreau. Unreal performance out of him. nutty stuff. 3-1 out of the break!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad