Sarnia Sting 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
And that’s why we never have picks. We have to use them to bring in players from other teams because our draft history is complete trash. It’s embarrassing that we have only 1 pick in the lineup between the first three picks between 2017-2019. Yikes.

Reactions: StingUpdates

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Well that went better than expected. real strong period by the boys. they need to compete like this every game. not every 3rd game. MacDonnell has been FAR more noticeable this week then at any point before the break. nice to see.

Wainwright continues to generate scoring opportunities. Thinking Letang had something to say to Namestnikov cause he's skating a whole lot harder tonight than vs OS. Same with DeGurse.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
What an absolute joke of a call to make it 3-3. not to mention Hill's "hook" in the first that Windsor scored on was brutal, too. Boys deserve way better than 3-3. comically bad.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
PK a steady 2 for 6 tonight..... PP 0/4. What a way to throw away what's been one of their best efforts 5on5.

HkyBeegs3

Mar 18, 2009
Sarnia
The worst part about Sarnia being a terrible team is that the Franchise will get no better with a huge lack of draft picks. Brutal penalty kill no discipline. Hard to watch. Drafting has been pretty pathetic for the past ten years anyways but still.

Reactions: Ferda11

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
5 powerplay goals for Windsor and 6 even strength goals for Sarnia. You don't see that every day, quite a game.

Reactions: Ferda11

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
It's tough getting an even strength goal against you guys. Windsor relied on PPs to score all their goals. Mast with a solid game. Gaudreau with some timely saves. Hope the fans didn't leave early, they would have missed an exciting finish.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Great resilience shown by the boys! I thought it was done at 5-3 but they stormed back. Voit man... 5 primary assists & goes +5. what more can u say. special. Burke, Dann continue to be great.

and there's the dominant Mast. he was a beast tonight. if he could just be more consistent he'd be a true top pair guy. Nice to see the OAs get the two goals to bring Sarnia back. need that from the vets. Shame fans couldn't of been there cause that was one helluva game.

a lot of positives 5on5. special teams tho...... good. fricken. god.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Caught the 1st period and the last 5 mins of the 3rd. Missed the gong show in between that lol.

What I saw from Wainwright in the first was stellar. This kid is for real. What a gamer. Creates his own chances. Great stick work on the defensive end. Really like his potential.
Voit is such a stud. Literally took charge and single handily got that offense finally scoring. 5 apples…..even strength too. Incredible effort.

Sounds like Mast played well on both sides of the puck. Two big birthday goal. Love to see it.

Good to see them battle back after being down 5-3. Gutsy win. Fun game.

Dougie Daryl Clark

Nov 21, 2021
5v5 Sting dominates but it's time to admit our PP sucks and needs new strategy.
Windsor PP is dynamite every game so I'd give our PK slack tonight but it could have been a bit better.
I like that they didn't give up in 3rd. Could be a good sign.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
5v5 Sting dominates but it's time to admit our PP sucks and needs new strategy.
Windsor PP is dynamite every game so I'd give our PK slack tonight but it could have been a bit better.
I like that they didn't give up in 3rd. Could be a good sign.

Been a bit better? Our PK let in 5 goals….5. That’s a totally unacceptable number from any team in this league.

Anyone else concerned with Gaudreau? I understand he has been left out to dry on a number of occasions but I expected him to steal some games and have a few where he stands on his head. His GAA seems to keep trending upwards. Not to mention he has been looking off and maybe a little less interested lately as well. We need a healthy Thornton back so they can hopefully push each other and compete.

Reactions: Ogie Junior

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
upload_2022-1-15_14-29-2.jpeg

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Well, a newer look London knights than we’ve seen so far this season. They got their D situation all settled and looking really good. Poor Ty Voit is going to have to put the offense on his back again if Sarnia has any chance in this one. I’m expecting a blowout in all honesty. Hoping I’m I’m wrong.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Well, a newer look London knights than we’ve seen so far this season. They got their D situation all settled and looking really good. Poor Ty Voit is going to have to put the offense on his back again if Sarnia has any chance in this one. I’m expecting a blowout in all honesty. Hoping I’m I’m wrong.
I’m just looking for a 60minute hard effort, at both ends of the ice with no bone head mistakes.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Little surprised it's Gaudreau again. Trust me I'm all aboard him getting the majority of the starts but Thornton has gotta get in a bit. Gone awhile without a start too.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Powerplay back to being absolute garbage. Holy smokes. Get 2 chances early & get 1 shot.

They aren't good enough to have horrendous special teams. Could be crushing.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Wow namestnikov flys down the wing around the net and feeds Mcdonell who snipes! Gaudreau playing great so far. Sting will have to have a good 40 minutes because London is going to come out hard in the second. Solid first period against a really powerful London team.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Harper on 2nd line and Wainwright over Lalkin? You've got to give your 2nd rounder more of a chance don't ya?
Wainwright is definitely a lot better than lalkin at the moment. I think this is harpers 2nd or third game he deserves a chance. Londons first round pick is a healthy scratch today. Rookies sit all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad