Sarnia Sting 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Officiating in this league is brutal how is 1st goal allowed, egert elbows goalie in the head knocking him down with the ref right beside him. Ref has puck eyes doesn't even notice which is understandable but in Branch's new safety first league that is a reviewable /suspendable deliberate head contact penalty.

Go whine in your own thread...we already have enough to complain about in here let alone about the refs:blah:

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
Not whining, just making an observation while watching highlites. Hopefully something like that doesn't happen to Fazio or you guys are screwed....just saying.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Not whining, just making an observation while watching highlites. Hopefully something like that doesn't happen to Fazio or you guys are screwed....just saying.

Really.you seemed to be worried more than your goalie and coaching staff was.I am sure it would have been reviewed if needed.Goalie had lots of time to recover from that devasting hit.We should of sent one of the teddy bears back to make it all better

Reactions: Ferda11

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX
Good God ! Scrolling thru the last couple of pages of posts I can't believe the amount of negativity on this thread. Last time I checked the Sting are still one of the best teams in the country and the 2017-18 team is by far the best team that Sarnia has ever seen.

I also can't believe the amount of hate for a player who's leading all players in the league by 10 points. Gotta wonder if some of the same people who are complaining about Kyrou will be the ones crying because he's gone for both the World Juniors and the Olympics ( which is the likely scenario).
Hatcher, Legwand , and Sinclair and their group should be getting huge love from the fans in Sarnia for turning around what has been one of the worst franchises in the OHL for the last 20 years.
For those of us that have been around since Day 1 and have seen some truly Godawful teams over we are truly thankful that Hatcher and his group have come riding over the hill like the cavalry.

This doesn't mean that people cant be critical of certain things but when the team has 46 points at the beginning of December ( which I believe was more than the 2006 team had in the whole season ) I cant understand the level of negativity recently on this thread. Gotta wonder if some of these comments come from disgruntled relatives or parents who are unhappy about icetime. Which reminds me - What happened to lyle ? Lol

Last edited:

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Good God ! Scrolling thru the last couple of pages of posts I can't believe the amount of negativity on this thread. Last time I checked the Sting are still one of the best teams in the country and the 2017-18 team is by far the best team that Sarnia has ever seen.

I also can't believe the amount of hate for a player who's leading all players in the league by 10 points. Gotta wonder if some of the same people who are complaining about Kyrou will be the ones crying because he's gone for both the World Juniors and the Olympics ( which is the likely scenario).
Hatcher, Legwand , and Sinclair and their group should be getting huge love from the fans in Sarnia for turning around what has been one of the worst franchises in the OHL for the last 20 years.
For those of us that have been around since Day 1 and have seen some truly Godawful teams over we are truly thankful that Hatcher and his group have come riding over the hill like the cavalry.

This doesn't mean that people cant be critical of certain things but when the team has 46 points at the beginning of December ( which I believe was more than the 2006 team had in the whole season ) I cant understand the level of negativity recently on this thread. Gotta wonder if some of these comments come from disgruntled relatives or parents who are unhappy about icetime. Which reminds me - What happened to lyle ? Lol
Appreciate your perspective. A couple of comments... I’m thinking world juniors will actually benefit Sting. Gonna lose 21, 25 but that’s about it. Most opponents losing much more than that (WSR, LDN to name a couple, and we have lots of games vs them). As good as 21, 25 are, we have lots of centers & wings and good 3rd & 4th lines. I believe team can continue to roll IF THEY WORK.
Can’t wait for Wednesday. I’m in the camp that thinks Soo a bit better than our fellows, but if they spend the bus ride getting focused, the win can be had. Stay out of the box, take no shifts off & forecheck like fiends. That would spell 4-3 Sting & momentum returning.

Reactions: Schlerk

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Jwalk, I’ve always agreed with the majority of your posts and it’s obvious that your fairly educated with the game and this team.

I know my words can be harsh at times but ultimately it’s more passion for the team then negativity. I’ve been around the team for many years and there isn’t too many games I miss. Now that I finally see a team with potential to actually make a run this year that level of passion has defiantly risen. I think myself and along with others get frustrated with the poor efforts from a team that we all know can play so so so much better. Now that the Sting are at the top of the CHL the expectations are certainly higher. After all the horrible seasons we’ve put up with we would hate to see the team slip and make nothing out of a season that seems so promising. Not sure if you’ve gotten to watch all the games this year but that vintage Sarnia Sting style of play that we all hate has been rearing it’s ugly head the last few weeks.

Yes Kyrou is leading all players by 10 pts in scoring but there’s so much more then points. He was fantastic at the start...back checking and being responsible in the defensive end first. Lately the old Kyrou has shown up more often then not. Selfish play with the puck, trying to stick handle through 4 guys, floating around the ice, no back check. Even his emotion on the bench and ice have been nil. His leadership capabilities are very questionable. Don’t get me wrong he’s a hell of a hockey player but he isn’t playing to his full potential and it’s hard to see that from your leader, your captain. It just can’t happen.

Anyways hope that makes some sort of sense. I think there’s more passion in most posters words then negativity.

Cheers

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Good post Ferdall. I agree. It sad to me that when u post something negatitive (passionite) or a point of view on here some think ur automatically a disgrunted family member or relative. Lyle left this post when TRoy got traded to Sudbury.I agree with your assessment of Kyrou. I was his biggest cheerleader at the start of the year watching this kid with so much talent putting it to use.Your right,so much more to this game than points. This whole team have changed their style of hockey as no one backchecks and are trying to carry the puck through 4 guys. To loose #21 and #25 for the WJR IF IF IF they make it wont be a huge lost based on the last few weeks. Stats are important but in no way does the stats show how important Fazio has been to this team. Even sundays game he was 1st star again. As far as giving new ownership and staff huge reviews,the fans see again a strong team at the start of the year starting to fizzle out at the last of the season. The same thing that has happened every year. Get the Sting to a second or 3rd playoff rd and then we can talk about coaching and ownership.

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010

i have been around since day 1 and i gotta disagree. This is not the best team... there is just parity in the league this year. It is much better than previous years, but not the best... sorry... and Kyrou will not be going to the Olympics. and he has to make the WJC team too... He has to come to ready to be a team player at the WJC

Reactions: Sauceboss

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX
Jwalk, I’ve always agreed with the majority of your posts and it’s obvious that your fairly educated with the game and this team.

I know my words can be harsh at times but ultimately it’s more passion for the team then negativity. I’ve been around the team for many years and there isn’t too many games I miss. Now that I finally see a team with potential to actually make a run this year that level of passion has defiantly risen. I think myself and along with others get frustrated with the poor efforts from a team that we all know can play so so so much better. Now that the Sting are at the top of the CHL the expectations are certainly higher. After all the horrible seasons we’ve put up with we would hate to see the team slip and make nothing out of a season that seems so promising. Not sure if you’ve gotten to watch all the games this year but that vintage Sarnia Sting style of play that we all hate has been rearing it’s ugly head the last few weeks.

Yes Kyrou is leading all players by 10 pts in scoring but there’s so much more then points. He was fantastic at the start...back checking and being responsible in the defensive end first. Lately the old Kyrou has shown up more often then not. Selfish play with the puck, trying to stick handle through 4 guys, floating around the ice, no back check. Even his emotion on the bench and ice have been nil. His leadership capabilities are very questionable. Don’t get me wrong he’s a hell of a hockey player but he isn’t playing to his full potential and it’s hard to see that from your leader, your captain. It just can’t happen.

Anyways hope that makes some sort of sense. I think there’s more passion in most posters words then negativity.

Cheers

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX
CMon man give your head a shake ! There's a little thing called perspective which seems to escape you. At this juncture in the season Kyrou is by far the greatest offensive player that has ever played for the Sting . I'm amazed that all of this contribution gets totally thrown in the trash and only his shortcomings get raked thru the mud.
No offence but I think Ive got to go with Hatcher's assessment on Kyrou's leadership qualities over yours . Given the team's success so far it looks like a pretty damn good choice. Hatcher didn't pull his name out of a hat . He assessed the pros and cons.
When I read a statement like " His leadership qualities are very questionable " I've got to seriously wonder what the agenda is here. Kyrou definitely has his shortcomings some of which you have accurately pointed out but there's a lot of times where he is a man among boys in this league. This isn't lost on Hatcher and the Sting management but it seems to be for some of the fans.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
greatest offensive player to ever play for the sting? starting to think your Kyrou's dad! lol...I guess we both have different views and we will leave it at that.

Reactions: The Howler

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Kyrou also playing with perhaps the best faceoff guy the sting have ever had. Always nicer to start with the puck than to have to go chase it.
Perhaps jwalk meant the best 19 yr old???:sarcasm:

Reactions: The Howler

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
greatest offensive player to ever play for the sting? starting to think your Kyrou's dad! lol...I guess we both have different views and we will leave it at that.

he stated ‘at this juncture of the season’
Kyrou is currently at 2 pts/game

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Sarnia drops to #3 in CHL top ten rankings and SSM takes #1.

There’s some good motivation for tonight’s game in SSM. Happy to have that target off the teams back.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Hey, Soo’s pretty good... betcha Josling wishes he’d kept his balance on the Soo tripping penalty.
Boys will need to recapture energy of first 10 minutes if we plan to stay in this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad