Sarnia Sting 2015-16 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Fulcher deserves the backup role as he outplayed the other 2 in training camp. Good for Hatcher for not letting the draft position influence his choice.

Good for Hatcher, no entitlement here.
I don't know how good the Jr B team is but Hughes let in 6 goals his 1st games. :scared:

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
Any recap from tonights season opener ?

it was the first game of the season so temper any comments.
I did find it was disjointed and boring game except the last 5-10 minutes.
Sting were too little too late...
Renaud had a good goal. nice shot. First time i noticed him all night.
Hard to pick a standout on sting. Too many people trying to be fancy. Either passing when they should shoot, or making a few extra moves instead of passing Korestolev, chickrun and salinanitri. It may work sometimes but not everytime.
Thought both goalies let in some weak goals, especially Fazio.
Again first game so take with a grain of salt.

hockeyinmyblood

Nov 11, 2014
Sarnia's best game this year so far against Barrie tonight. Congrats to Fazio for a well deserved shut out and to Chmelevski for his first OHL goal. Bushnell was a force out there and Salinitri and Lajeunesse had plenty of jump in their game.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Sarnia's best game this year so far against Barrie tonight. Congrats to Fazio for a well deserved shut out and to Chmelevski for his first OHL goal. Bushnell was a force out there and Salinitri and Lajeunesse had plenty of jump in their game.

Great road win for the Sting.CHOK is saying Fulcher will get his 1st OHL start vs North Bay.

guy97

from sarnia
Apr 16, 2015

:handclap::nod:nice comment:laugh:

hockeyinmyblood

Nov 11, 2014
Tough loss. It was the tale of two games tonight. They either played really good or not so good. They played a solid first period, good passing and driving to the net. The next 25 minutes the entire defense core seemed to collapse defensively. Then it was an exciting last 5 minutes. Chychrun showed flashes of brilliance.

bobbygore

Jun 27, 2011
General consensus from the NJ Devils thread is that Zacha will be sent back to the Sting. Would be a big shot in the arm to get him back. Hard to compete against other teams that have 2 Imports and 3 OA's who are usually among the best players on the team.

StungbySting

Jun 10, 2011
Sarnia
General consensus from the NJ Devils thread is that Zacha will be sent back to the Sting. Would be a big shot in the arm to get him back. Hard to compete against other teams that have 2 Imports and 3 OA's who are usually among the best players on the team.

This is something that I thought would have been addressed before the season started. Getting Zacha back would be HUGE for this team. Would like to see the team add an OA d-man to play top 4 mins.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
This is something that I thought would have been addressed before the season started. Getting Zacha back would be HUGE for this team. Would like to see the team add an OA d-man to play top 4 mins.

Is there even an O/A d-man out there that is available that would crack the Sting top 4?

hockeyinmyblood

Nov 11, 2014
Is there even an O/A d-man out there that is available that would crack the Sting top 4?

I was wondering the same thing. They are really deep at D right now and they don't want to give away their future to get an O/A who, at best, might only be slightly better than what they got.

StungbySting

Jun 10, 2011
Sarnia
I was wondering the same thing. They are really deep at D right now and they don't want to give away their future to get an O/A who, at best, might only be slightly better than what they got.

Kingston has 5 d-men that are 19 or older. I would try and target Roland McKeown. he would fit into the top 4.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Kingston now has 4 d-men that are 19 or older. They released one last week.

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
Kingston now has 4 d-men that are 19 or older. They released one last week.

not sure D is the biggest gap. Think we need more offence. Guess that would be Jays analogy
we have too many D... whatcha going to do with the excess?
Not sure we have two solid lines up front and if we are going to contend we need three strong lines. Nothing against Renaud, but he is our leading scorer...While that may be short term, hopefully not, but it is a reality that needs addressing

StungbySting

Jun 10, 2011
Sarnia
not sure D is the biggest gap. Think we need more offence. Guess that would be Jays analogy
we have too many D... whatcha going to do with the excess?
Not sure we have two solid lines up front and if we are going to contend we need three strong lines. Nothing against Renaud, but he is our leading scorer...While that may be short term, hopefully not, but it is a reality that needs addressing

I'd like to see them package a couple d-men and go after a player like Roland McKeown. The offence will pick up once Zacha gets back. Give the offence some time since they are learning new systems under a new coach. The Jays had the best offence in the league before the trade deadline and realized they needed to improve their defence. Defence wins championships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad