Sarnia Sting 2015-16 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLInsiders

Mar 9, 2014
Bunch of Sting staff took in the Whitby/Markham OJ game last night...

Flint prospect Rylee St. Onge was dressed as was Owen Sound's Ryan Heeps and Niagara's Ryan Sarris.

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
Would be nice to pick up a big, tuff , OA, D-Man. Seems like the team has injury problems, and the experience of an OA would help in the over all picture.

And who is the trade bait? Or who do we dangle to improve?

Someone had the nasty rumour with erie. Any more rumours

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX
For you Sting fans, here is our Sarnia Sting season preview article,
http://overtimesportsnation.com/sarnia-sting-season-preview/

Nice article Macker . I think you hit the nail on the head with most of the points you made. A couple of minor points - 07/08 was not the only season the Sting made it out of the first round ( they made it to the second round in 95/96 and 96/97) , and Jordan Kyrou wasn't a long shot to crack the roster as he was considered a first round prospect in Minor Midget AAA until he got hurt and the Sting drafted him in the second round. Keep up the good work . It was a very interesting read.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
Does anybody have any updates on the injuries to Nikandrov and Schlichting yesterday?

hockeyinmyblood

Nov 11, 2014
Looking forward to the season starting. Here are some of my thoughts:

Chychrun - It's going to be a year to remember if he stays healthy. Should be fun to watch.
Salinitri - Excellent camp. Should continue to get better and better. Will see lots of ice time.
Kyrou - A slow start likely resulting from too much hockey and not enough time to recharge his batteries. Look for him to make an impression in the first few games.
Lajeunesse - Break out year? Maybe.
Lindberg - He is the X factor this year. If he has a great year, so will the team.
Jacobs - Don't know enough about him but looking forward to seeing what the hype is all about.
Korostelev - Should have a solid year. Great hands.
O'Donnell - Strong camp. Should play a key role defensively.
Spinozzi - Look for him to become more of a leader out there. Should be very consistent this year.
Fazio - I'm a big fan and wish him nothing but the best this year. I think he will surprise some people.

guy97

from sarnia
Apr 16, 2015

Chychrun - It's going to be a year to remember if he stays healthy. Should be fun to watch.
Salinitri - Excellent camp. Should continue to get better and better. Will see lots of ice time.
Kyrou - A slow start likely resulting from too much hockey and not enough time to recharge his batteries. Look for him to make an impression in the first few games.
Lindberg - He is the X factor this year. If he has a great year, so will the team.
Jacobs - Don't know enough about him but looking forward to seeing what the hype is all about.
Spinozzi - Look for him to become more of a leader out there. Should be very consistent this year.
Fazio - I'm a big fan and wish him nothing but the best this year. I think he will surprise some people.

:handclap:

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON

Great to see Salinitri exceling in Sarnia. It would have been difficult for him to gain any valuable ice time with the Hounds last season, especially throughout the playoffs so it's nice to see he's getting that in Sarnia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad