SAP CENTER Open for Road Playoff Games!

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
Sharks just announced game 1 viewing party will be at the tank. $5 entry. Proceeds go to sharks foundation. Tickets on sale tomorrow

li0lsh

Mar 9, 2013
San Francisco, CA
How was the viewing parties they've had so far? Was the lower bowl full? Thinking of going Monday night. Assigned seating or first come, first serve?

Shape

Go Sharks :)
Apr 25, 2006
Across from the Tank
Sharks just announced game 1 viewing party will be at the tank. $5 entry. Proceeds go to sharks foundation. Tickets on sale tomorrow

AQvUnAE.gif

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
Too bad NHL is putting the kabash on multiple viewing parties.

i.e. Tampa Bay.

I mean you are trying to grow the sport.

Dumb NHL. Just Dumb.

li0lsh

Mar 9, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Got my seats in section 115! I hate the fact that we can't pick the seats directly. Had to refresh a bunch of times to get something I wanted.

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
Me thinks this is going to be done a lot better.

The feedback I gave to them the last time was that they should consolidate people into dedicated sections, rather than opening up the whole tank. It creates a better sense of community and also makes us attractive to show on TV (Which was something they kept saying was a possiblity last time). But this time around, I could only get lower level seats. Nothing upper deck was available even when I specified that as my search.

I also think that the $5 is good because it was clear there were a ton of people who got tickets and didn't show up.

li0lsh

Mar 9, 2013
San Francisco, CA

The feedback I gave to them the last time was that they should consolidate people into dedicated sections, rather than opening up the whole tank. It creates a better sense of community and also makes us attractive to show on TV (Which was something they kept saying was a possiblity last time). But this time around, I could only get lower level seats. Nothing upper deck was available even when I specified that as my search.

I also think that the $5 is good because it was clear there were a ton of people who got tickets and didn't show up.

I also didn't get any upper bowl tickets. I even narrowed my search for upper bowl and still was only offered lower bowl.

bluefunnel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2005

Indeed, I would have gone to the earlier ones but they were sold out. Seeing so many empty seats just from the no shows in a picture just frustrated me.

Debating this one with myself. Not the kind of thing my wife would want to do but I can't get there by 5 without having her drive...

bluefunnel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2005
Well, it's happened. Someone already listed tickets for the viewing party at $100 on stub hub. Of course, tickets are still available.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Well, it's happened. Someone already listed tickets for the viewing party at $100 on stub hub. Of course, tickets are still available.

sad, but even sadder is that some none hardcore fan that might not know exactly what is going on, but knows that the sharks are in the stanley cup finals, will see that price and be like i want to go see a game live and that is a good price.

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
After hearing that their is 1 game per series viewing party rule, I wish the sharks waited on this. God willing, if the sharks can win the cup on the road, I'd want to see it at sap center

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
After hearing that their is 1 game per series viewing party rule, I wish the sharks waited on this. God willing, if the sharks can win the cup on the road, I'd want to see it at sap center

the only way you are guaranteed to see it at the sap center while on the road is in game 7. but if you wait that long to try and host it, it might just not happen any more.

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
the only way you are guaranteed to see it at the sap center while on the road is in game 7. but if you wait that long to try and host it, it might just not happen any more.

Huh? But you could also in game 5. So if the sharks were up 3-1 heading into game 5

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Even the concession stands?

Not sure if gear is sold, but food is contracted out.

Regardless, the Sharks aren't doing it for money. They stopped doing it and started this year because it was requested by fans, especially STH's when they were asked what they could do to make fans happier this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad