SAP CENTER Open for Road Playoff Games!

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Wouldnt they open the doors for the entire building to be filled?

For these events they often just do the lower bowl and then not even all of the sections. Cheaper and easier to manage. Especially when it comes to what concessions are open. Sometimes it's only the generic stands with hotdogs, hamburgers, nacho's etc...

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Seats in upper bowl? I'm surprised. Gonna need reports on how many people are there.

Yeah, I don't have time to go because of classes, but when I was reloading the tickets page last Friday to see where I could hypothetically sit, there were seats all over the place.

I've never been to one of these, but if they are showing the game on the jumbotron, wouldn't seats in the upper-bowl be advantageous?

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
Yeah, I don't have time to go because of classes, but when I was reloading the tickets page last Friday to see where I could hypothetically sit, there were seats all over the place.

I've never been to one of these, but if they are showing the game on the jumbotron, wouldn't some seats in the upper-bowl be advantageous?

I always thought this as well, so I picked up front row in the upper bowl. They lowered the jumbotron a bit actually, but I still think the upper bowl is a more natural viewing angle.

Trl3789

Jun 17, 2011
Bay Area
Im about half way up 109 and the angle is similar to a movie theater. If I lean back just a touch it's a pretty natural angle.

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
Event was fun! Looked like there was probably 6-8k people there. My theory is that when they said "sold out", they meant based on how many parking spaces they had. I have to think that 11k people didn't just say "nah, nevermind."

With that said, the whole assigned seating things was unnecessary. It would have been better to concentrate everyone in the upper level, center ice sections. They sent an e-mail beofre the event saying that we could be on TV, but its clear they didn't show us because opening up all sections made it look underwhelming to a TV audience.

They did a full production event. Crowd was pretty loud all things considered. Really hope they do it again!

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
Aren't they doing it Tuesday?

Apparently not. When I left the tank after Game 7 when they announced, I assumed it was all road games.

When I attended the former STH focus group a couple of months ago, someone brought up the idea of bringing these back, so perhaps this was just a test.

Anyone who went got an e-mail survey to understand how the event went.

Probably another factor is that people may not be as inclined to go to an event like this on a weekday with an early start time which wouldn't justify the cost of operating the venue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad