Rumor: San Jose trying to trade Evander Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I think if the investigation turns up evidence of him gambling he will more than likely face suspension from the league and his contract will be terminated .

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
They’d have to retain 50%, and even that might not be enough to get a bite

If he became a UFA today, how many GMs would give him even a league minimum offer? Maybe a couple, but I doubt any team wants the headache that he is essentially guaranteed to be.

It’s a shame for the Sharks because looking only at on ice performance he’s their best player

I have said before and will say it again there are no morals in sports, if there were Antonio Brown wouldn't benin the NFL but he is, Tony Deangelo wouldn't be in the NHL, but he is.

Talent is all that counts in pro sports and Kane has A LOT of talent so if his contract is terminated teams will offer him a contract it won't be a big money deal but he will have plenty of interest anybody that needs a top 6 winger will be interested

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Im pretty sure SJ would be thrilled with this deal
Yeah toronto will not do it like that, especially like that. Nylander was one of the team's best forwards in the playoffs this season sire. His game has stepped up, he was the one who was trying. They finna keep him for life I can assure. If a toronto takes kane, its somebody else moving out. If a real blockbuster would be a possibility, I would see like a karlsson (retained 25%) and kane (retained 50%) to the leafs and Rielly and kerfoot to the sharkonado. Something like that there sire.

nucksauce

Oct 30, 2013
He’s tied himself to some anchors in his young life. I hope some of the claims are false and he can still play some hockey. It’s too bad his “teammates” wouldn’t support him during this time where no hard evidence has been given.

Reactions: BSHH

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
He’s tied himself to some anchors in his young life. I hope some of the claims are false and he can still play some hockey. It’s too bad his “teammates” wouldn’t support him during this time where no hard evidence has been given.
I imagine they’ve seen the evidence first hand. The report initially came out before his wife went to Instagram

Reactions: Oryxo

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I imagine they’ve seen the evidence first hand. The report initially came out before his wife went to Instagram

This isn't the first time in his career that we have heard his teammates don't particularly care for the guy either. His Jets teammates were throwing his clothes in the shower before he left there among other rumors if I remember right.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Nobody wants that head case. His teammates hated him, why would anyone want to bring that in. Easy pass around the league on him.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
I think the Sharks will try to find a way to terminate his contract, whether the allegations are true or not, just because it's been a huge PR shitstorm.

Here's the thing, though - a team with a very strong leadership core (like, say, the Sharks two-three years ago) could potentially keep him in check. He's still the best player on the team right now and is an incredibly effective power forward, especially since cutting down on taking penalties this year. Rumors and allegations aside, he's been worth every penny of his contract on the ice and he's the only guy this year who has given 100% every shift. There's value for that for someone who's willing to take the risk.

A lot of what's missing in this conversation is the fact that the leadership in SJ has taken a complete nosedive, from Pavelski and Jumbo leaving to Boughner losing the room almost immediately. It's no surprise that stuff like this started popping up afterward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia