Seravalli: San Jose to buy out Martin Jones, Canucks Jake Virtanen

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
"Actually, I'm not even mad, it's you that can't take a joke"
I'm not saying that at all. Again, feel free to chirp back. I invited it. I just don't see why you seem appalled that I choose to respond.

Again, rival fans chirping each other over their teams and players is not a novel concept.

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
200.gif

Reactions: themelkman

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
I expected Jones but am surprised at Virtanen. The guy is a 24 year old RFA making $2.5m with one year left on his contract.

it costs nothing to buy him out, and he is facing sexual misconduct charges. He has like 1 goal last year he isn’t good enough to be a headache.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
If Jones is bought out and Holtby is moved out of Vancouver—I could see the Canucks have interest in Jones as a backup.

He has had his struggles, but a 6’4 goalie might have the tools that Ian Clark likes to work with. It might give him the coaching he needs to resuscitate his career.

He may also be convinced to sign for close to the league minimum to play in his home town for such a redemption year. Especially if he is being paid his buyout portion for the next six years by the Sharks.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Jones would be perfect for the Ducks to help them Tank since our GM is unwilling to trade any one of Rakell, Manson, Lindholm(if he can't be re-signed) and Gibson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad