San Jose Sharks Mount Rushmore

Select four players

• Total voters

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Burns, Thornton and Marleau. And that’s IT

HM: There’s a few you can pick and choose, let’s be real.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Karlsson should be an option. He's on pace for 101 points. If he comes close to that it's more impressive than anything abnybody except Joe thornton has done with the sharks.

Also Cheechoo should be an option. He won the rocket with 56 goals, which is still the single season goal record for the Sharks.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Why not?! They're both better options than Vlasic and Boyle.
is that a joke?

before this season, what has EK done for SJ? Boyle had better seasons and played longer.

Cheechoo youre talking about one great season out of SIX with SJ playing alongside THornton. If there was ever a player that benefited most from his elite playmaking centre since Rob Brown with Mario, its Jonathan Cheechoo in 05-06.

Last edited:

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski, Couture.

Longevity with a franchise is something I value greatly when it comes to a teams mount Rushmore.

I considered Nabby and Vlasic for the final spot over Couture But Nabokov's very mediocre playoff resume and Vlasics play falling off a cliff the last few years made me leave them off.

Reactions: banks

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Yeah I’m surprised. He was a stud for them.

I’m mixed on him. He’s obviously the goalie pick for Mt. Rushmore and had some great regular seasons, but he was inconsistent in the playoffs. Thornton and Marleau took most of the heat, but Nabby was another reason the team couldn’t get over that playoff hump.

All that said, he’s a solid pick for Mt. Rushmore.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I went Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski, Nabokov.

Fully recognize that there are a few good choices for the last 2 spots but I feel like those guys were most important.

Reactions: banks

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Karlsson should be an option. He's on pace for 101 points. If he comes close to that it's more impressive than anything abnybody except Joe thornton has done with the sharks.

Also Cheechoo should be an option. He won the rocket with 56 goals, which is still the single season goal record for the Sharks.

Maybe you can put EK in the top 10 after this season but even then neither guy really "needs" to be an option here and really it's not even close.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Pretty clearly Lemieux/Jagr/Crosby/Malkin

I was actually prepared to make a Rushmore Jr. out of the honorable mentions
I am not sure if I agree. Yes Jagr was great as a Penguin, but he played more years away from Pitt, Francis belongs on the list almost as much as Jagr. Malkin should likely be up there, but someone could argue Letang deserves a spot. But what about MAF, Borasso, Kehoe, Stevens or Pronovost?

Of course you are most likely correct in how the voting would turn out, but it could also surprise some people.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I am not sure if I agree. Yes Jagr was great as a Penguin, but he played more years away from Pitt, Francis belongs on the list almost as much as Jagr. Malkin should likely be up there, but someone could argue Letang deserves a spot. But what about MAF, Borasso, Kehoe, Stevens or Pronovost?

Of course you are most likely correct in how the voting would turn out, but it could also surprise some people.

Francis played less than a third of his career games with the Pens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad