San Jose Sharks Mount Rushmore

Select four players

• Total voters

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Francis played less than a third of his career games with the Pens
Yes I agree and Jagr played over 53% of his career on teams not the Penguins. I just think some other guys could get votes if given a chance. I don't think it is a given that the guys listed would be the top 4.

FrankSidebottom

Mar 16, 2021
Yes I agree and Jagr played over 53% of his career on teams not the Penguins. I just think some other guys could get votes if given a chance. I don't think it is a given that the guys listed would be the top 4.
No, it’s a given. Nobody outside of the Top4 would get even 20% of votes.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Thornton and Marleau are unquestionable locks. Pavelski was a pretty easy choice for a third spot, for me.

The fourth guy was between Couture and Nabokov. I went with Nabokov, since I just picture the Sharks when I say his name. Maybe that's not the best criteria, but it makes sense to me. And it's not a slight to Couture.

Reactions: biturbo19

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Thornton
Marleau
Pavelski
Nolan

Went with Pavs over Burns but it was close

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Marleau, Thornton, Pavekski and Nabokov. Pretty easy for me.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Owen Nolan is a gimme because he was the first true star on the team. He deserves to be on the wall just for his called shot on Hasek in the all star game.

Also, one can make a case for Doug Wilson as he was the first captain and longest running GM.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Owen Nolan was the face of the Sharks for almost a decade, how is he getting no recognition?

Really there’s just a lot of good options. While a young franchise without a cup, they’ve also been competitive a lot of the time and their best players tended to stay awhile. Being the face of the team helps, but he also played 8 seasons, whereas the 4 with more votes currently played 21,15,13 and 11, and all were also very highly associated with the team, and at the very least comparable if not better players.

Reactions: Howe Elbows 9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad