Player Discussion Sammy Blais

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
The first few pages of this thread are hilarious, EdJovanovski continues his flawless record. “More goals than Buch” LOL still hasn’t scored one goal as a Ranger! Less shots than Buch has goals lmao.
he has more AHL goals than both

I mean you nailed Kravtsov

Reactions: NickyFotiu

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Then waive him. His contract is a net detriment currently.

He's been absolutely awful for us this season and that $1.5M could be used way more efficiently at the Trade Deadline.
I agree he’s been awful, but that’s been part of the recovery process. The worst is behind us, seems dumb to waive him now. Obviously we disagree on what value he has or what potential he still has. And I’m perfectly content with that disagreement.

He would definitely clear waivers lol better players on cheaper contracts get waived all the time
Disagreed. But guess we won’t know unless he’s actually waived… obviosly NYR management thinks he will get claimed too.

Reactions: irishlaxburger2

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
The problem here is Blais can't stay in Hartford if the team is going to dump him at the deadline. His contract is terrible and almost certainly needs to be moved. I don't see how they get more than maybe a 5th or so round pick. They will also need to take back a guy making around 1 mil just to make it work for most teams caps. It a brutal situation for the Rangers to be in. I can see a scenario in which he simply plays out hsi contract and they let him walk this summer.
This is probably what happens... in the summer it won't look AS AWFUL having given Buch away for nothing... right now, although everyone on this board knows it, the huddled masses might still have hope.

(yes the injury played a part... maybe a big one, but the trade was bad the moment it was made)

Reactions: JHS

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
We’re still arguing this trade. Hahaha. I don’t think you’ll find ANYONE who LIKED it but… Saying it was for nothing though is just bullshit. Three assets “came back” and they were used mostly for the playoff run to the semi finals. You can HATE the trade, the assets received including Blais, sure, you can hate the way the resulting assets were used, but saying Buch was given away for nothing is just false.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
If Krav was even 1/2 the player we were promised so far few people would be thinking about Buch.
Well you could say the same about KK

Not that he's not coming along but if he were "NHL ready" out of the gate as we were told it would be an issue either...

I mean other than giving away a prime asset for pennies

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Well you could say the same about KK

Not that he's not coming along but if he were "NHL ready" out of the gate as we were told it would be an issue either...

I mean other than giving away a prime asset for pennies
LOL lets keep this on the Russian Wayne Gretzky for now. :D

• Love
Reactions: EdJovanovski

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
We finally saw signs of Slammin Sammy from the first 14 games last year. Seemed a step quicker and energized. He is playing over Kravtsov because when he is not scoring he can still put a guy like Lucic on his wallet and be an agitator. Im still assuming he is moved but maybe all hope isnt lost on him being a contributor this year

Reactions: NickyFotiu

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
We finally saw signs of Slammin Sammy from the first 14 games last year. Seemed a step quicker and energized. He is playing over Kravtsov because when he is not scoring he can still put a guy like Lucic on his wallet and be an agitator. Im still assuming he is moved but maybe all hope isnt lost on him being a contributor this year
I mean itall depends on the deal, but to me, the signs all point to them banking on his recovery. If not for the playoffs, then for next year and beyond. I mean they HAD to know this was going to be a painful "recovery" year for him, why go through it to sell low (even if not his ROCK bottom) on him? I'd say he is in their long term plans still, but certainly is fair game if they can get what they want out of dealing him.

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Looked quite good tonight
Unpopular opinion: He looked OK tonight, and threw one big hit on one of the few players in the league who's as slow as him. But he was still out of position offensively, again almost collided with one of his teammates (along the LW boards in the 2nd), and didn't generate any consistent forechecking pressure.

The 4th line really accomplished nothing last night.

Still, anytime Lucic gets decked, it's good for the game of hockey.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Unpopular opinion: He looked OK tonight, and threw one big hit on one of the few players in the league who's as slow as him. But he was still out of position offensively, again almost collided with one of his teammates (along the LW boards in the 2nd), and didn't generate any consistent forechecking pressure.

I thought he and Cullye worked good together. It was Leschyshyn who I found to be out of sorts a few times that killed possession time for those two.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

I like how you said "unpopular opinion" even though saying Blais isnt very good is the most popular opinion on the board lol

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
My optimism has me hoping that Blais' game last night was highlighting boosted confidence from his conditioning stint. My pessimism has me thinking that he only looked better because we played the slowest team in the league and he was able to skate at CGY's pace

Reactions: Riche16

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
He did look better, but it’s one game.

I’m hoping to be proved wrong because the real Blais could provide some much needed jam in the playoffs. That’s what they are hoping for.

But confidence can only do so much for you physically. His game may be a tad quicker and with confidence he’ll be a wrecking ball but offensively with the puck and without trying to keep pace will still be an issue

Reactions: Riche16

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
My optimism has me hoping that Blais' game last night was highlighting boosted confidence from his conditioning stint. My pessimism has me thinking that he only looked better because we played the slowest team in the league and he was able to skate at CGY's pace
One could say the same about Laf... so pick your poison right?

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
i really enjoyed watching him play up until the Slewban incident. unfortunately I don't think he'll ever be the same. not his fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad