Saint John Sea Dogs: Official 2015-2016 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Hello Sea Dog fans. Just checking in to see if anyone has an update on how Zboril Has been this season and wondering how he compares to former Sea Dog, Simon Despres.

TurksDogs17

Aug 8, 2013
Zobril started off the year being one of our weakest defenseman. Struggled, took a lot of bad penalties. As of late he's been much better and actually his last game he played was the best he was all year. I think he's got it figured out, world juniors will be good for him and I expect him to be one of the best D in the league when he returns.

Now if only the coaches could figure out how to motivate this team we would be fine. It's crazy that we have seven NHL draft picks, two more were invited to camps, probably two or three more to be drafted this summer and we are playing a grind it out style of hockey it's not working.

There are very few players on this team that are playing up to their potential. There are a year older but not as strong as last year. What is the problem?

TurksDogs17

Aug 8, 2013
Can anyone tell me who the trainer is for the dogs? Do they have a skating coach? I feel like were the worst in shape team in the league. With the exception of a couple of natural skaters like green, Highmoore, Chabot.

Look at Joseph, he is in phenomenal shape. And has been our best player all year. Imagine if the rest of the team would take their diet and fitness to his level. We might have a chance next year.

We have out scored team so far in the first and second but get out scored in 3rd.

Saint John now has a -10 goal differential in third periods this season. They are +6 in first periods and +11 in second periods.

am I alone on this ?

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
How has Chabot been developing? Is he still soft and is his shot still weak?

Thanks!

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
How has Chabot been developing? Is he still soft and is his shot still weak?

Thanks!

Definitely not soft anymore. In fact, he's not soft enough. He's taken a few hit from behind majors this season.

Solid offensively and defensively this season, but not without his mistakes once in a while. I think he could use a year more of juniors yet.

Will have to pay closer attention to his shot.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
^^ could be...games against shw/RN/ ValD will say allot

who is staying and going next year ?
appart from the obvious

thanks

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Do you guys think Turcotte can actually backstop the Dogs to the finals this year? It seems like there is very weak goaltending amongs the top squads. Nothing against Montpetit/Bellemare/Marchand/Turcotte/Bouchard, etc but if Cadorette plays up to his standards there is no way anyone will beat the Cataractes considering the other goaltenders...

If Charlottetown with McDonald or perhaps Cape Breton with Bélanger go far, they could be dangerous, because they also have good goalies.

Also for the Dogs, who will tend goal next year? They might be the early favs for 2017 Memorial Cup, but they still need a goalie.

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
Do you guys think Turcotte can actually backstop the Dogs to the finals this year? It seems like there is very weak goaltending amongs the top squads. Nothing against Montpetit/Bellemare/Marchand/Turcotte/Bouchard, etc but if Cadorette plays up to his standards there is no way anyone will beat the Cataractes considering the other goaltenders...

If Charlottetown with McDonald or perhaps Cape Breton with Bélanger go far, they could be dangerous, because they also have good goalies.

Also for the Dogs, who will tend goal next year? They might be the early favs for 2017 Memorial Cup, but they still need a goalie.

TBH, it's been more the defence than goaltending that has been an issue. The D can be sloppy at times, often giving up odd man rushes. Turcotte has struggled at times, but overall has been fairly impressive. I've seen some incredible saves by him here.

Unless they make any changes, either Alex Bishop or Alex D'Orio will start next year likely.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Hey Sea Dog fans. How is Jakub Zboril playing these days. Heard he started turning things around after the WJC, but it's hard to tell based on his decreased production. Also, what role are the coaches asking Zboril to fill?

I suppose my last question is, does Jakub Zboril still look like a valuable prospect? He was initially envisioned to be a safe pick at 13.

Thanks for any input!

Last edited:

TurksDogs17

Aug 8, 2013
Unfortunately the coaches are very demanding of their time both on the ice and away from the rink I don't think it's all JZ's fault. He is definitely not use the Danny Flynn system.

His confidence is low, I wouldn't worry to much as long as you get him in AHL next year. Another year under Danny won't be good for his development.

Last year he was our best D without question. This year he's playing 4 or 5.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Unfortunately the coaches are very demanding of their time both on the ice and away from the rink I don't think it's all JZ's fault. He is definitely not use the Danny Flynn system.

His confidence is low, I wouldn't worry to much as long as you get him in AHL next year. Another year under Danny won't be good for his development.

Last year he was our best D without question. This year he's playing 4 or 5.

He can't play in the A next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad