Saint John Sea Dogs: Official 2015-2016 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
Sea Dogs won 8-2 yesterday. Man, it's no middle ground for them. This game is a much better measuring stick though as a lot of the big boys like Chabot, Noel, Dove-McFalls, and Felixson played.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
How Oliver Felixson doing in Seadogs.
Is he progressed well, and how's his skating.

Felixson isn't the fastest skater, and that's why he may have a bit troubles with faster players.

What guys think about Oliver's NHL draft position?.
Is he possibly 1st rounder or anything between 1-4 rounds.

How he compares with north american defenceman's?
And what's his NHL comparison would be.

Thanks for updates.

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
I wasn't able go see this game, although I watched the first period on Rogers TV. Didn't pay a lot of attention to Felixson, but he picked up 3 assists with a +4. Very solid offensive performance.

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB

TurksDogs17

Aug 8, 2013
Lets go Sea Dogs !

Couple observations I've made so far after watching the first four games:

1. Turcotte was a great find. Competes every second he's between the pipes. Whether in a game or practice.

2. Bishop doesn't compete in the net whether it's a game or practice. He'll never be a starter in this league, or even a good back up for that matter.

3. Flexison is good. Another NHL draft pic in the making.

4. Veleno is the real deal. I'm glad we got him at 15 because I think he'll be gone at 18. NHL bound for sure. I know they have him pegged as 3 line centre but don't be surprised if he gets some 1st line action by Christmas.

5. Highmore either needs to stop driving or get better at it, to obvious.

6. Team looks promising and I can't wait for all the NHL draft pics to return.

7. Go Dogs Go

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Big win over Shawinigan on Saturday. Game could have gone either way but Turcotte was much better in nets than his counterpart at the other end of the ice.

Depending on what the goaltending situation it is safe to say this team will be a contender for certain next season.

qmjhlisles

Apr 8, 2014
Montague, PEI Canada
Don't know if your trolling or not but the Uslanders are really over rated. Off to a hit start but now are playing like every other PEI team we've had since the Q moved here. Unless Grant gets us Sorong back plus a top D we are a pretender and I see them 4-5 in the division. Personally if Sprong isn't back at Xmas I would be dealing for next year.

zeropotentate

Dec 4, 2012
Ontario
Cape Breton is 7th (though tied with Rimouski and 3 more games played), Charlottetown is 9th and Saint John 10th. Saint John is 13th is goals scored, and that isn't good enough. Granted that they've been getting players back so they probably need some time to hit a groove, but they need Noel, Dove-McFalls, Joseph, and Marsh to really elevate their game in order to be in the conversation for the top team.

Although it is next two years that Saint John is expecting to really be strong.

TurksDogs17

Aug 8, 2013
Power Play for past 3 seasons

Sorry but I'm about to vent again.....guess I'm pissed and could be pushing the "panic button" a little early but I want them to get PP going before next season.

We've had Mike Kelly, Ross Yates and now Danny Flynn. The past two seasons we've had very weak power play and now this season it's terrible and an all-time low and worst in the league by almost 5% at 11.6% chance of scoring on power play after 10 games this season.

I've said this before and I'll say it again... Noel has been the common factor and our go to guy on the PP for these 3 seasons. Give the puck to a playmaker use Noel as a sniper........ I'm begging please. And I'm not even saying take him off of the #1 unit, (actually he is probably our best player to skate it into the zone). But after that get it into a playmakers hands or someone with a better Hockey IQ.

Rank Name GP PP GF SHGA PP%
1 Victoriaville, Tigres 12 56 18 1 32.1% 2015-2016 season
18 Saint John, Sea Dogs 10 43 5 3 11.6% 2015-2016 season

16 Saint John, Sea Dogs 68 346 59 12 17.1% 2014-2015 season

14 Saint John, Sea Dogs 68 338 64 9 18.9% 2013-2014 season

And with all that being said we have 7 NHL draft picks on our team. CRAZY!!!

Hockeyacumen

May 4, 2014
Watched the game on Sat vs Armada and they were fortunate not to have 3 guys thrown out the game instead of just 1. Imama in particular did a stupid hit from behind and should have got a suspension. They have to be way more disciplined. Sure on paper they are a better team than Armada and maybe a couple of calls went against them but they lost their shape and discipline badly. Armada played a tight, frustrating road game very effectively and the Dogs had no answer other than playing dumb. This team should be a serious contender this season but will need to stay patient and focused to overcome well-organized but less talented teams. The coach has some work to do in this regard.

TurksDogs17

Aug 8, 2013
We weren't so lucky after all....

The Sea Dogs pay the price of three suspensions: Luke Green (3 matches) Jakub Zboril (2 matches) and Nathan Noel (2 matches) for their action against BLB.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Few questions for Oliver Felixson's progress.

1 How he's doing there?
2 What he brings to your team?
3 Where he'll go next summers NHL draft?
4 Strengths and Weaknesses
5 Player Comparison in NHL?
6 Best route to develop for NHL player after this season?
Have a nice weekend for all seadogs fans, and good luck for next game

TurksDogs17

Aug 8, 2013
Thought on SD so far....

Power Play is coming, number don't reflect it yet because we've been so low but it's getting better.

Noel most fights on team, good for him but Imama, Theade and company should be embrassed.

Turcotte was a great find.

Danny Flynn's style is killing confidence of scorers. And boring to watch. (Ei. see attendance at home games)

If the PP keeps coming and we beat Moncton this Thursday we might have something to get excited about.

sjq

Sep 16, 2008
Saint John, NB
Thought on SD so far....

Power Play is coming, number don't reflect it yet because we've been so low but it's getting better.

Noel most fights on team, good for him but Imama, Theade and company should be embrassed.

Turcotte was a great find.

Danny Flynn's style is killing confidence of scorers. And boring to watch. (Ei. see attendance at home games)

If the PP keeps coming and we beat Moncton this Thursday we might have something to get excited about.

Danny Flynn's style of coaching has absolutely nothing to do with the attendance at home games.

Here's what does;

The times of the games and the days. They had one game on Halloween with 2200, then they had two games on a Thursday night at 8pm (thank you Local Rogers Cable 10) that attracted 2300 and 2600. The average with those games is 3151, take away those 3 poorly planned games and you have an average of 3416 - which is respectable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad