Current pre season roster:

873fa99db59949e1e0d1bac29b1710c7.png

d7e1845f5e2e2cf7e64042910dcb5641.png

0b1513379fbce6228b1c9b083a079681.png

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=222116

This guy could be seadog in upcoming season.
He's not signed yet, so there's might be small chance that he stays to HIFK U20.

Oliver Felixson 17 yrs old defenceman from Finland.
Seadogs picked him 1st round 25th overall 2015 CHL import draft.

Felixson uses his size effectively in the defensive zone and brings some offensive upside. He has vision and reads passing lanes well. Scouts have praised his powerful shot, his skating ability, and his rapidly improving defensive game. While he is physical and clears traffic in front of the net, he has also gained a reputation as a disciplined player, who takes very few penalties while logging a ton of ice time.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006

He's not signed yet, so there's might be small chance that he stays to HIFK U20.

Felixson uses his size effectively in the defensive zone and brings some offensive upside. He has vision and reads passing lanes well. Scouts have praised his powerful shot, his skating ability, and his rapidly improving defensive game. While he is physical and clears traffic in front of the net, he has also gained a reputation as a disciplined player, who takes very few penalties while logging a ton of ice time.

http://www.saintjohnseadogs.com/article/sea-dogs-announce-training-camp-roster

He's expected to report to Saint John after the Ivan Hlinka Memorial tournament.

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB

Disciplined power skaters are hard to come by. Excited to see what he brings to the team.

37 points in 44 games with HIFK U18 last season. Very good for a defenceman.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Disciplined power skaters are hard to come by. Excited to see what he brings to the team.

37 points in 44 games with HIFK U18 last season. Very good for a defenceman.

Yep 37 points in 44 regular season games, is very good for defenceman.
I'm sure that Oliver will be, solid defenceman for seadogs.

How i could follow seadogs games in CHL?.
I live southern Finland and Finnish sport channels won't show CHL games in Finland.

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
Yup, you can either pay per game or there are a few multi-game packages (5 games, 10 games, away pass, team pass, or all access I believe).

Pretty sure in the past, they made the first month free.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Oliver Felixson didn't make team Finland's roster, in Ivan Hlinka memorial tournament.
This might means that Felixson is arriving to saint john very soon.

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
I knew that gonna happen.
Now i have one good reason more, to follow CHL upcoming season.

Too bad Finnish sport channels won't show CHL games in Finland.
But maybe there's some live streams, and i can watch CHL that way.

Your best bet is going to be to use QMJHL Live. I don't think there are a tonne of streams of the CHL games.

That is if you're willing to pay money. It's not cheap, depending on what kind of package you get. More info will be released on the site closer to when the season starts.

On another note, the Sea Dogs lost 7-1 to Charlottetown last night. I think they rested up some of their players (Veleno included).

sjq

Sep 16, 2008
Saint John, NB
Your best bet is going to be to use QMJHL Live. I don't think there are a tonne of streams of the CHL games.

That is if you're willing to pay money. It's not cheap, depending on what kind of package you get. More info will be released on the site closer to when the season starts.

On another note, the Sea Dogs lost 7-1 to Charlottetown last night. I think they rested up some of their players (Veleno included).

The only veteran that played was Matt Green. He has played in the last two games with mainly rookies which leads me to believe that he is on the bubble to make the team.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
The only veteran that played was Matt Green. He has played in the last two games with mainly rookies which leads me to believe that he is on the bubble to make the team.

Somebody mentioned that that may have been Theede that was actually wearing 27 for Saint John and that the Q site might have made a mistake (common in pre-season).

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
What are some of the Sea Dogs fans prediction for the top QMJHL for this year, who are the projected top four teams, are the Sea Dogs going to surprise or maybe not ? I know they are building themselves a big and heavy team this year. Would like to read your commets

savard95

May 9, 2014
Montréal
Chabot, Zboril, Green, Felixson.. What an amazing top-4. How was Veleno in his first exhibition game? Couldn't see it, but I saw he had 1+1. Is there any player who looked like they took huge steps compared to last year? Sea Dogs is the team that I'll have to follow this season!! :p

PorkChopSandwiches

Oct 31, 2011
Chabot, Zboril, Green, Felixson.. What an amazing top-4. How was Veleno in his first exhibition game? Couldn't see it, but I saw he had 1+1. Is there any player who looked like they took huge steps compared to last year? Sea Dogs is the team that I'll have to follow this season!! :p

Kids a stud - he was a bit slow start but he was also playing with all rookies that game, great finish, he easily had the crowd every time he touched the puck. He is so much like Drouin for me and still a couple of years to develop. amazing.

not sure Felixson is going to be in top 2 pairings - i can see him being part of the shutdown 3rd pair.

savard95

May 9, 2014
Montréal
Kids a stud - he was a bit slow start but he was also playing with all rookies that game, great finish, he easily had the crowd every time he touched the puck. He is so much like Drouin for me and still a couple of years to develop. amazing.

not sure Felixson is going to be in top 2 pairings - i can see him being part of the shutdown 3rd pair.

Cool, thanks for the info! I really have to go watch them when they play the Armada!

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
What are some of the Sea Dogs fans prediction for the top QMJHL for this year, who are the projected top four teams, are the Sea Dogs going to surprise or maybe not ? I know they are building themselves a big and heavy team this year. Would like to read your commets

This is the first year I will be following the Q extensively, so I am really not sure what the other teams are like. All I know is that Saint John should be one of the top teams this year. Whether they are the top team, I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad