Saint John Sea Dogs: Official 2015-2016 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I thought Euro's could at 19?

Depends where they're drafted from and if they are on a loan from their European club. He was drafted from the CHL and presumably not on a loan from Brno so he has to wait until he's twenty. Example of a flip side is Juluis Honka who was on a loan from JYP to Swift Current and therefore was deemed to be drafted from Finland rather than the CHL, and was able to go to the AHL.

TurksDogs17

Aug 8, 2013
Going into playoff I thought we would get by 2 round but now the fact that Joseph is done so it the team.

http://stationnation.blogspot.ca/2016/04/mathieu-joseph-done-for-season.html

And how Joseph was not name the team's MVP is laughable....no disrespect to Turcotte.

Seriously Joseph played close to 30 minutes a night and was our best player in every situation, PP, PK, 5 on 5, up a goal down a goal whatever it was he was MVP.

It was very rare that he wasn't the best player on either side most nights. Again no disrespect to Tucotte but who ever picked MVP this year will see what I'm talking about in this next round without Joseph.

I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
It definitely makes things harder, but we aren't done for yet. We still have solid offensive minded players like Povo and Highmore, who can fill in with more minutes.

I think we win round 2 in 6 or 7.

Last edited:

zeropotentate

Dec 4, 2012
Ontario
It sucks that Joseph is out, but it will be interesting to see how Veleno performs in a top 6 role with some more offensive minded players.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like if Cape Breton wins they'll place Saint John. If Chicoutimi wins, Charlottetown will play Saint John.

Both series will be tough for the Dogs, but I think they should be able to manage somehow.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Going into playoff I thought we would get by 2 round but now the fact that Joseph is done so it the team.

http://stationnation.blogspot.ca/2016/04/mathieu-joseph-done-for-season.html

And how Joseph was not name the team's MVP is laughable....no disrespect to Turcotte.

Seriously Joseph played close to 30 minutes a night and was our best player in every situation, PP, PK, 5 on 5, up a goal down a goal whatever it was he was MVP.

It was very rare that he wasn't the best player on either side most nights. Again no disrespect to Tucotte but who ever picked MVP this year will see what I'm talking about in this next round without Joseph.

I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Great news for the Lightning that Joseph played so well this season. Look forward to watching him in rookie training camp again. Want to see if Imama gets a contract too ... seen a few of his fights can't wait to see him in Syracuse (hopefully) next year with our minor league affiliate.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Great news for the Lightning that Joseph played so well this season. Look forward to watching him in rookie training camp again. Want to see if Imama gets a contract too ... seen a few of his fights can't wait to see him in Syracuse (hopefully) next year with our minor league affiliate.

having seen Imama play live quite a few times now, I can tell you he's a physical freak. The kid is built like a shed full of refrigerators filled with bricks.

He can actually play hockey too when he wants. Not sure if he's ever going to be an NHLer, but I can certainly see him getting some pro years in.

TurksDogs17

Aug 8, 2013
From another message board but I thought this was worth sharing here as it the best comment I've seen regarding Imama hit in game 4

I watched the replay many times, like a host of others, and everyone has a opinion, however it is unfortunate that a player got hurt, Imama may or may not get suspended, the puck carrier had the puck with his head down had good momentum and was moving up ice, the forechecker was doing his job forechecking! Imama's size and strength was for the most part the reason for an injury. if he had of been 5'10 and 180 pounds the result would most likely been much different. However the rules of the game do not call for bigger stronger players, not to impose their greatest attribute on others, you can't coach size they either have it or don't, and it is the reason why a lot of big players make it,( their size and strength). I don't always like the way he plays, but in this case, I give him the benefit of the doubt, (no attempt to injury,) maybe playing the game with too much passion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad