Katic
Goldowski
Grondin
Stepien
Porco
Giroux
Prueter
Baber

I've left off Badelementi, Bollers and that still leaves almost no room for rookie forwards. Caldwell and Bulovs fight for 13th forward. Maybe move Katic or Bollers for an upgrade.

Defense
Everett
Davis
Penman
Webb
Import
Millman
Middleton/Import

Again I've left Hill off and there's not a lot of room. Expect Bappert isn't back and we use our high import pick on D. Phillips is moved. Middleton to AHL/ECHL and 2 D taken at import draft. If not Millman becomes the 7th D.

Goalies
OA goalie
Lamour
Lennox
I think we bring in an OA goalie to take the crease for a year a work as mentor to Lennox. Possibly move Lamour part way through the year like Bonello was.

Reactions: Finster8

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Not even going to attempt lines:
Forawards:
Gilmour
Jenkins
Coskey
Busdeker
Katic
Goldowski
Grondin
Stepien
Porco
Giroux
Prueter
Baber

I've left off Badelementi, Bollers and that still leaves almost no room for rookie forwards. Caldwell and Bulovs fight for 13th forward. Maybe move Katic or Bollers for an upgrade.

Defense
Everett
Davis
Penman
Webb
Import
Millman
Middleton/Import

Again I've left Hill off and there's not a lot of room. Expect Bappert isn't back and we use our high import pick on D. Phillips is moved. Middleton to AHL/ECHL and 2 D taken at import draft. If not Millman becomes the 7th D.

Goalies
OA goalie
Lamour
Lennox
I think we bring in an OA goalie to take the crease for a year a work as mentor to Lennox. Possibly move Lamour part way through the year like Bonello was.

Good Work!

My thoughts, but not necessary what I want to happen, in fact, i hope I'm wrong, but a few words I've heard around the arena.

For the OA goalie I think you will see Gilmour, Busdeker and Grondin as trade bait. With Gilmour's season ending injury and first round OHL school package, Saginaw may want to trade him and get rid of that package. Busdeker and Grondin didn't see the ice as much as they should have, it looked like that was a coaching choice, they both played well enough to play more. I see either one of them gone.

I think a big move will happen for a goalie. Also a high end import will be added to replace whom ever is traded.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I posted this in the Gens thread but I'd figure you guys would be interested in it too:

The last 7 trades for a 1st rounder who wouldn't commit:

-Kirill Nizhnikov for 2 2nds, 3 3rds, 4th
-Ryan McLeod for 3 2nds, 3 3rds
-Logan Brown for 3 2nds, 2 3rds, 14th
-Victor Mete for 3 2nds, 2 3rds, 6th
-Adam Bateman for 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 6th
-Max Domi for 3 2nds
-Lucas Lessio for 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 4th

Seems to be pretty consistent that it'd cost somewhere around 3 2nds, 2/3 3rds

But all 7 of those trades all happened between August 25th and Sept 10th, so don't expect to hear any Perfetti news any time soon

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Perfetti won't come . Dumb pick

That's kind of the point....

We dont have roster space for rookies next season who arent going to play much on a good (fingers crossed) team. So flip the picks we get for him for some scoring help and O/As all while preserving our pick stash and gaining a high first round pick next season.

Dumpnchase17

Dec 13, 2017
That's kind of the point....

We dont have roster space for rookies next season who arent going to play much on a good (fingers crossed) team. So flip the picks we get for him for some scoring help and O/As all while preserving our pick stash and gaining a high first round pick next season.
There is roster space. The team finished 8th. Make the tough calls and move the nonperformers. If you are into your 3 yr a still many ????. You can expect to be moved via trade or cut.

"You can't stop the train for some slow cars ahead in the line."

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
There is roster space. The team finished 8th. Make the tough calls and move the nonperformers. If you are into your 3 yr a still many ????. You can expect to be moved via trade or cut.

really who wants to report to saginaw michgan , youd need a byfield type like going where hes wanted

Reactions: Dumpnchase17

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
It seems to go along with the 3 traded picks for a 2nd Rd pick. They need the picks to acquire some top talent to sprinkle in the lineup to start the charge this year. Also plenty of prospects to throw into a deal that we can trade up and land some key players. DD wants to add OA's and others to a solid team. TS looks like he is Drinkill's guy so you have to live with that no matter what. Hope Wilde and Turcotte are signed or trade them to London.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Where are you moving Bollers and Philips? What are you expecting in return?

Destination? Haven't a clue. I don't know what the demand would be for those two. Honestly Bollers was a FA so anything in return for him is a net gain. 7th would be fine. Phillips has potential to be a bottom pair guy for someone. 5th would seem reasonable.

Ringo6

Apr 8, 2017
I have seen Lennox play many times the past 2 years. He is OUTSTANDING. I am sure he will be getting in a good number of games. He could be a game changer for this organization down the road.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
I do like the Lennox pick, he would be of great value almost immediately.

Changes to this roster are coming. Good young group but desperately need a goal scorer, starting goalie, and some OA's.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI

I think you misinterpreted my post. Saginaw has enough returning players (the good ones, mediocre ones will be gone) and plans to bring in future players that a 16 year old rookie wont be a nightly regular (of course unless Perfetti would show or Cuylle who I think was our #1 target). Remember they still have two import draft slots (with the ties to the wings watch who they pick in rounds 2 and 3) and room to bring in two o/as. The pick of Perfetti and getting a slew of picks is going to allow Saginaw to bring in those players to immediately help the club. They are probably going to bring in 2-3 kids (2 o/as and a scoring winger) that will help the team with the picks that they got for picking him plus the first next year (which allows them to trade a 16 year old drafted player the next year at the deadline for rental help while still keeping one for the future).

Look at Owen Sound and Niagara. They did the same thing in the last few years and set their teams up well. Its what small markets have to do to ever have a chance to compete.

Reactions: Finster8

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
I think you misinterpreted my post. Saginaw has enough returning players (the good ones, mediocre ones will be gone) and plans to bring in future players that a 16 year old rookie wont be a nightly regular (of course unless Perfetti would show or Cuylle who I think was our #1 target). Remember they still have two import draft slots (with the ties to the wings watch who they pick in rounds 2 and 3) and room to bring in two o/as. The pick of Perfetti and getting a slew of picks is going to allow Saginaw to bring in those players to immediately help the club. They are probably going to bring in 2-3 kids (2 o/as and a scoring winger) that will help the team with the picks that they got for picking him plus the first next year (which allows them to trade a 16 year old drafted player the next year at the deadline for rental help while still keeping one for the future).

Look at Owen Sound and Niagara. They did the same thing in the last few years and set their teams up well. Its what small markets have to do to ever have a chance to compete.
Saginaw is going into their 17th year. I keep waiting for them to make a move up the division, but they keep flirting with 7th, 8th, or 9th place. Is Dirkell the right man and Smith the right coach? We have our own issues in Flint, but I would think picking high-end players that will report, should be the most important thing. Saginaw is set on draft pick inventory, have some good young players, and who knows if you can get 2-3 solid players in return for Perfetti? If Flint doesn't make it up the division I hope Saginaw does, but not sure they will with the plan they are on. PS: for the record I am not thrilled with Flint's 2nd round pick Owen Power who is committed to the University of Michigan. Who knows if he will report?

Last edited:

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Jenkins-Giroux-Coskey
Gilmour-OA/trade-Goldowski-
Porco-Grondin-import/trade
Busdeker-Preuter-Stepien Babar,Cardwell
We have to get the prospects that are not in our future plans and use them and picks to get the offense stronger.
Everett-Mids/OA
Webb-Davis
Import-Penman Millman

Lamour-Lennox maybe an OA
Plenty of players will have to impress at camp for a position. Time for some additions that can get us out of ending up as a consistent bottom 3. To early to guess but that is my shot in the dark.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
I will try, assuming no players are traded. But I think a few of these players will be on a different OHL roster.

Jenkins - Gilmour - OA
Import - Giroux- Coskey
Porco - Grondin - Goldowski
Busdeker - Prueter - Stephen
Babar - Cardwell - Bollers

Webb - Middleton OA
Everett - Davis
Import - Penman
Millman -Phillips

OA
Lennox

Trade Bait -

Busdeker
Hill
Gilmour
Lamour
Grondin
Millman
Phillips
Bollers

Last edited:

Buzzin

Apr 1, 2018
I have seen Lennox play many times the past 2 years. He is OUTSTANDING. I am sure he will be getting in a good number of games. He could be a game changer for this organization down the road.
I’ve watched him for years and he is a good goalie, Outstanding he isn’t. He has a lot of work to do before he’s a regular in the OHL. Will see him play G-Town this coming season with one or two games up.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Going to definitely be an interesting training camp with loads of young talent competing for a position a nice problem to have for a change. With the right additions no excuses this year. 19-20 season is the year so this year we need to find some 00 in the market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad