Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Darn I figured Webb would go. Was hoping the Wolves would have added Webb after trading Candella and Soko. Oh well nice pick up for Saginaw. Good value.

WJ

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
No one has delusions of grander thinking we can beat the Soo. That would not be the point of an addition. First, we have 4 healthy defenseman and second, it would be more to shore up some weak points to make sure that we get either the 4 or 5 seed and have a real chance at winning a playoff series this year, which would be good experience for the young guys. And as mentioned before, we have 3 2nd round picks this draft, we won't have room for all of them next year. one of those picks if disposable because of the amount of assets we have.

did not realize that you had 3 seconds.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
You can always find room for good players. look at what ottawa did. you can argue that the didnt need another 2000 d, they picked up rippon and sold one who could be worse for more then they got rippon for. a 2nd round pick is big when you have to trade your first next year to go for it.

Yes. And, a team can also add a ‘99 nhl drafted RD to play now & next season & maybe the next.
Webb will help Saginaw

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Saginaw grabs Wings dradt pick Webb from Hamilton for a 2nd and a 5th and a conditional 3rd depending on oa year.

Good add by Drinkell. Big defensive kid who is only a 99 with OA potential. Clears up a 2nd rounder this year too we didnt need to add.

Yeah I like the deal too. Not too expensive. Don't know who they'd pair him with but seems like the type of guy that might allow Penman, once back, to use his offensive side a bit more knowing he's got a stay at home guy back there.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
You guys got a great kid in Webb. An interesting thing about him is that he has limited games played in the OHL due to injuries. However, he attended every game in the meantime and stayed involved with the club. When he returned from injury, he meshed right in and it wasn't noticeable that he missed a ton of time. He already knew the coaches systems and gelled. Detroit took a chance by drafting in the 6th round last summer and he's done well this year as well.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Saginaw has also signed 2017 7th Round pick Mason Millman. Mason is currently playing JR B with 17 pts in 33 games.

Was a big fan of his at Rookie camp. Imagine he is up until Penman is healthy.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
My my, I love where this team is headed. Even in a loss tonight with 2 new players back on D...but for a couple of missed chances, they gave the Soo something to think about.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Think about what I don’t think the Soo have nothing to worry about Saginaw
We are the youngest team in the league who aquired 1 player Webb, We have nothing to lose SSM is one of the older and top ranked team in the CHL. If all that mature talent doesnt win the OHL or Memorial Cup you guys better have your excuses ready. Swoopster was saying that our guys played well considering the competition.

Radar9

Hounds/London !
Aug 11, 2012
Hounds / London
We are the youngest team in the league who aquired 1 player Webb, We have nothing to lose SSM is one of the older and top ranked team in the CHL. If all that mature talent doesnt win the OHL or Memorial Cup you guys better have your excuses ready. Swoopster was saying that our guys played well considering the competition.
LoL excuses the way I look at it is you win that’s good if we lose we tried it’s a game , Anything can happen no need for excuses

jjhound

Oct 17, 2016
For what it's worth I thought Saginaw played very well. Johnson brought his A game in net for us. Good thing.

Reactions: Finster8

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Saginaw will be an interesting team to watch in the coming years, certainly not the bottom feeder team they've been the past several seasons and will certainly be a dark horse in the playoffs

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Tough loss last night, Kitchener is just a stronger team. But I thought the games was lost to being outcoached. Again, our fourth line against their top line should not happen, we had last change and it is never used as he just rolls lines until very end of game. Its easy to coach that way and I believe we are the only team that plays like that, just roll four lines and hope it works out, but other teams see this and mix it up with their lines so the big boys are against our 4th line. Saginaw was lucky to hang on and keep it close.

Also, the boys need to stay out of box!

I really like the Webb addition. He will play large minutes and be a huge factor in teams success over the next few years.

I also hope today in Windsor the coach allows more than 7 second shifts. The boys need to get going and and gel, but with the quick shifts, its hard to get anything going.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Need a win against Windsor this afternoon to salvage some points after losing to SSM and Kitchener. This young club is making the teams earn 2 pts and keeping games close against the leagues elite.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
3-2 win and 46 shots on DiPietro who can steal games and almost did tonite. Goldowski and Coskey getting a goal each with Coskey getting the shootout winner.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Another big 2 points. Coskey continues to be on fire along with Kohn! Cormier really wasn't tested too much. Anyone know what is wrong with Girouix and Gilmour. Both are in a slump, Girouix of lately and Gilmour all year.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Another big 2 points. Coskey continues to be on fire along with Kohn! Cormier really wasn't tested too much. Anyone know what is wrong with Girouix and Gilmour. Both are in a slump, Girouix of lately and Gilmour all year.

I heard their both on meth and coach decided to cut them off a few weeks ago. Haven't played the same since. I mean who are these plugs? They stink. Should have been dealt already. I mean am I right or am I right?

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
I heard their both on meth and coach decided to cut them off a few weeks ago. Haven't played the same since. I mean who are these plugs? They stink. Should have been dealt already. I mean am I right or am I right?

I thought that was crystal clear knowledge lol.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Sag Fan...the team is as good as its been in many a year and you need to...on the count of three...quiet the hockey boogins in your head. Just kidding! I truely believe this team has played so well on developing talent that the fine tuning process hasn't even taken place yet. Some lines click with immediate chemistry, for most of the time its that finding out who works as a collective, and that takes time and patience.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Sag Fan...the team is as good as its been in many a year and you need to...on the count of three...quiet the hockey boogins in your head. Just kidding! I truely believe this team has played so well on developing talent that the fine tuning process hasn't even taken place yet. Some lines click with immediate chemistry, for most of the time its that finding out who works as a collective, and that takes time and patience.

Could not agree more this team is developing and gaining confidence one game at a time. Smith and Lazary are for the moment just sticking to whats working tonight and plenty of fine tuning ahead.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Saginaw getting pounded in Barrie! 4-0 after 1st.

Cormier pulled after 4th goal!

Worst power play in league and coach still won't put Busdeker or Gilmour on power play, I don't get it!!

7 second shifts aren't working tonight!!

Let's go Spirit!!

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Can Lazary and Smith change places, just kidding?

I like that idea, and when it starts working, switch them again, and then switch them again every 7 seconds, it would be fun playing with coaches minds and having them all messed up instead of having players all messed up.

And we have a winning team, can you imagine if the coach was able to coach a power play or let th kids have a full 30 second shift to get Some momentum.

Wonder if Drinkill watches and approves or is he being run by th coach too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad