Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Jenkins 1st of many 3 goal games as Everett,Coskey and Giroux make it 3 in a row in a 6-1 victory over NB. Jenkins had a slow start but has really looked confident his last few games. Giroux IMO best player on the team very under rated player. lf he keeps this pace could move up his draft position. Good work

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Looking at the stats and you see some of the young talent not on pace where they should be. Just one mans opinion no 01 should play 4th line minutes. Let them develop for a year in the minors. This is a good team lets hope they make it stronger let the rooks develop and some more experienced veterans added. With Cormier playing well, who knows.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
With 2-OA, 2-98, 7-99, 6-00, 5-01's not uncluding goalies makes 18 players with under 2 and quarter years experience. Vertiy is only OA for next year l cant see Mids here past the deadline. Our 00 are Giroux, Jenkins, Everett, Grondin, Katic, and Badalamenti with a stronger supporting cast 3 guys are very likely drafted maybe 4. Our 01 are strong dress 3 let the other 2 develop. Add some 98's for OA's next year and now. IF right deal comes DD pick up a 98 Mason Kohn style player. Lodnia would be nice?

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
5-2 win over Erie gets us closer to .500. Davis had 2G, Busdeker1G and 2A, Jenkins 2A all steps in the right direction.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
I think Busdeker had 2 goals.

What is going on with Gilmour? Not producing like I expected.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
My bad Busdeker had 2 as well, regardless Gilmour played 1st PP and 1st line TOI. He had OA's surrounding him last year. Bring some older talent and the whole team benefits. That is abviously the difference with Gilmour. Need to get some upgrades.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
My bad Busdeker had 2 as well, regardless Gilmour played 1st PP and 1st line TOI. He had OA's surrounding him last year. Bring some older talent and the whole team benefits. That is abviously the difference with Gilmour. Need to get some upgrades.

Maybe Gilmour will be like a Maksimov and Felhaber and be moved. Nice player, would love to see him in Saginaw uniform for entire OHL career, but maybe the kid needs new scenery like the others did.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
The irony of it all is the team needs 98 like Felhaber and a 99 like Makismov. It is all hindsight now. Gilmour trade I would not trade him unless it was to good to turn down. He could have 2.5 years left with OA season. Change of scenery could serve him well also might haunt us.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Looks like Alex Turcotte is turning some heads. Elite Prospects has him 19-20 at Wisconsin. We could use him next year. DD did it with Jenkins, Missed on Wilde I hope he goes 2 out of 3.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
lf Giroux has 50 to 60 points or more by the end of the year the list and scouts will reconsider. SaginawFan is right lists have been wrong before.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
5-3 Spirit over OS with Crawford and Everett scoring 2 a piece. Crawford is having a career year as an OA and DD must have some teams interested in his services. Everett is going to be a top D he has all the tools to make it to the next level.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
What would Crawford fetch? Kohn and Carbonara went for 4th round picks. I wait and see where the team is headed, as they are playing well right now. Whoever I move, I want a player with a good 2 years and potential. Middleton for a up and coming good sized d man???

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Great win!! Congrats to Lamour first of all. He had to be nervous after his last start! Way to bounce back.

Hats off to Everett, kid is going to be a star in the league in a few years.

Although Crawford has many points this year, boy does he take chances and get burned a lot by pinching. But as said, he is putting up big numbers, so I guess you have to way it all out.

Nice to see Gilmour step up with 3 assists ( and what nice assists they were) and 1 last night. When he is on, he has to be one of the best playmakers in the league. Hope it continues. Id say Kohn has helped him.

And Coskey, got an empty net goal, but a total selfish dumb play. I hope the coach has a word about that one. That type of play will burn you more often than not.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Swoopster, if those 2 are worth a 4th rounder. Crawford 2nd and a 4th maybe more he is right handed D, good PP guy who can help any team. Mids is a beast and his offensive play has never been better. We dont want all picks a good 99 or 00, 2-2nds would be good.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
If Saginaw is in contention for a playoff spot, I don't feel Drinkill will trade anyone of our players.

If Saginaw is going to miss playoffs, I'd say the following players should be ready to pack their bags:

Middleton, Cormier, Gilmour or Coskey, Crawford.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Why not add to a fairly young team @0.500, and improving, and too many picks to use in the next four drafts?

Reactions: Finster8

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
The team is playing well but either we add skill and get better or acquire assets for Crawford, Mids, and Cormier for the future. Lets see where we are in a month and go from there. I would not trade Coskey or Gilmour being in their 4th year next year with OA possibility the year after. If we are playing well in the next 10 games DD might have to improve the team, it would help the 00 01's to make the playoffs. Either way it is fun to watch them play hard and see some improvement. Picking up Kohn and Vertiy has helped with veteran leadership.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
To add Maksimovich from Erie would be an addition that would be good for a year and 2/3. Experience and able to put up some numbers IMO he could have an impact right away. Help Gilmour get back on track. We need to make this team stronger and send players who need to develop to A- or B to make them ready for next season.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
To add Maksimovich from Erie would be an addition that would be good for a year and 2/3. Experience and able to put up some numbers IMO he could have an impact right away. Help Gilmour get back on track. We need to make this team stronger and send players who need to develop to A- or B to make them ready for next season.

I think Gilmour may be on the way out, rumblings are in the East.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
I agree team is doing well right now. But with Gilmour not producing, I personally can see it happening. I hope not as I think he just is in a goal scoring slump.

But maybe with the Detroit connection with Saginaw, it will never happen. I guess a lot depends on the next few weeks.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I agree team is doing well right now. But with Gilmour not producing, I personally can see it happening. I hope not as I think he just is in a goal scoring slump.

But maybe with the Detroit connection with Saginaw, it will never happen. I guess a lot depends on the next few weeks.

What's the benefit? He's one of the better forwards on the team and is in a leadership position. This is very much a score by committee team. No one is gonna be putting up 100+ point seasons. I'm curious the number of points you think he should get by then end of the year? (Mine is 50). Also what kind of return do you think they can get? How would this return be a benefit over having Gilmour for another 1.5 years? I don't know if a deal that is a net positive for us exists in a realistic way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad